April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by bexidaisy

I love MAC Blot Powder!
On a night out this is a STAPLE in my handbag. It's the only HE product I risk taking out with me, becaise I just can't live without it.
The only thing I find weird is the shade selection. I'm very fair and I'm medium dark in this - which is odd!
I blot it all over my face to get rid of excess oil, and it evens out my foundation where the oil has tampered with the coverage.
I'm def going to buy this again when I run out!
xoxo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

I have really oliy skin, and using my normal loose powder mid day for touch ups really wasnt doing the trick.

I purchased this after doing a lot of research, and I have to say I am impressed. I get oily around noon, so I blot my face with blotting sheets, and then apply this over the oily areas. Ive also just put the powder over the oil, but i found you get better results if you use some kind of blotting sheet in conjunction. It works really well, i barely notice any sheen on my face when I go to wash everything off at night. It will be interesting to see how this holds up over the summer.

I threw the puff it came with away, you will definitely need a powder brush to get the best use out of this, without it looking cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by SleepingBag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing blot powder, though not quite finely milled enough so a brush application is required for me. There is a good selection of colors (even if it seems invisible to me). If I have a bit of privacy, I prefer to use blotting paper before dusting a bit of this on. When I'm on the run though, this does a great job.

My only gripe is with the packaging; I've lost tons of these due to product breakage. Avoiding dropping it is ideal but sometimes unavoidable...so frustrating. I searched for a loose format packaging to no avail so I am back to this.e

EDIT : June 17, 2012
Blot powder works but looks powdery and gets cakey throughout the day. Downgrading to a 4.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This does a great job of controlling oil without irritating my skin. I previously tried the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder and it gave me horrible cystic acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Laiscg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I just can't live without it, period
Nothing mattifies like this, and it makes my skin look good all day long. No breaking out at all. I love it and I've been faithful to it for 8 years or so!
(I'm NW20 and wear the Medium shade, it's really light)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by aqsa1

Loving this. Im on a mac kick. Iv brought the prolong wear foundation and thus over the top is fab. Just need to touch up during the day with this anc im good. Work 13/14 hours so its good andhasnt broken me out

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by ashleytohl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First of all I believe that EVERYONE should own this product!

If I get oily or I even look the slightest oily or my makeup feels too shimmery just a swipe of this fixes it all!

I've had this forever and it feels like it'll last me ages! Go for a run/sweat and then stop at your nearest mac counter and check it out and see how amazing it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2012 2:40:00 PM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

First, about my skin: I have normal skin except in the T zone where I can get slightly shiny during the day. I get the occasional hormonal blemish, but overall I cannot complain, and do not struggle with problematic skin. So...that said, this product DOES work for what I need. I found the medium to be a little too light for me, but I don't cake it on so it works. I don't agree that it's translucent or colorless - it is. I don't use the puff it came with because I find it packs on too much product, in addition to not really being sanitary. Instead I keep a mini kabuki brush in my make-up bag in my purse that I use to lightly dust it around any area needed, and it does last for hours. The price was around $23 US, which is reasonable to me, b/c I don't use much and it will last me forever. The colors seem to run light IMO, so it might be a good idea to buy a darker color than you'd normally think you'd use. Packaging is typical MAC packaging. Overall, it does what I need it to and have recommended it to friends with very oily skin. I'll buy again when I finally run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 2:11:00 AM More reviews by SugarCelebi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is the absolute answer to my prayers. After trying this at a MAC counter, I was hooked; 5 hours later, my face was still oil free! I have combination skin and a naturally shiny face, meaning that even when my face is freshly washed, it's still shiny. I guess my skin is just really light-reflective or something. Anyways, I waited to ask for this as a birthday present because of the steep price and I am so pleased. Works just as well as I remembered. It makes my face flawless over my BB cream. What I especially like is that it doesn't gather into pores and wrinkles like many other powders do, and it doesn't get orangey or anything. I will repurchase until the end of time. HG item!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Not long ago, half of this powder got all over the floor after falling from a chair - it's kinda fragile. But that's not why I give it only 3 lippies. It' Does work OK at reducing oil, but I think oil blotting sheets are a good thing to have with this. Else you can end up needing to powder your face several times during the day, and THAT did not go well for me. On me, this got cakey. Not as bad as Cliniques Stay Matte Pressed Powder, but it still caked. This is why blotting sheets are good with it. If you take the oils off first, it won't "soak" into it. Anyway: not for me, as I like my makeup to be undetectable. Too bad, as other people didn't seem to have the same problem.
I agree with a reviewer under: also on me Maybelline Matte Pressed powder worked better than this, and also Ben Nye's loose powder (comes in an inconvenient container, but it's also very cheap: 3 oz. for about $8). Else you can mix a blottig powder yourself. Things like silica, rice powder, silk dust and banana powder, mica, etc. For this it's nice to have a coffee mill. Tarte Smooth Operator Clay Powder is also a good alternative for oily skin, and gives a soft focus effect.