July 24, 2014 | 2167 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by kristenmxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this powder, my face is an oily mess and as soon as I put this powder on top I feel flawless! It lasts a few hours then starts feeling oily again but what do you expect.. Usually don't need to touch up which is amazing. I have re-purchased many many times! Mostly because I run out very quickly but all in all definitely worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by agibeault

For me this is just meh. It can look quite powdery so you have to be careful. I don't find that it absorbs oil amazingly, but it is ok. It certainly doesn't make skin MORE oily like mineral makeup can. Shades run very light...I am NC 20 and use medium dark. I find the pressed powder is very convenient but i wont buy this again because it doesnt contain spf...if i am using a pressed powder for touchups throughout it may as well add sun protection. otherwise i prefer ben nye luxury powder to this (tho not practical for the makeup bag)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I LOVE this powder! I have gone through about three of these compacts. I never do that with any product, except for maybe one lipstick and a few eyeshadows. I'm a huge fan of Mac cosmetics and this product is probably one of my most favorite ones.

I use this powder in Medium. I have pretty fair skin during the winter months and I have never had a problem with this powder being too dark or off-color. I think perhaps unless you are super pale you will want to pick up the Medium powder.

I tend to use this as a setting powder. Until recently I've never really had a problem with my face needing to be blotted throughout the day, but now I do. I am not currently using this powder as I wanted to try out Coty's loose face powder. I do plan on repurchasing this product though and trying it out with my current foundation. I will try to update on how it functions as a "blotting powder" and not just as a setting powder. I personally recommend using this product as a setting powder that won't sufficate your skin. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by darkcrystal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

i will only review something i really think is worth writing about... this is one of those products you want to buy a million of just incase it secretly gets discontinued! i am currently using nars sheer glow (siberia), which is mad seeing as i get very very shiny but these two teamed together just makes the most beautiful base i have ever seen. i use this in light and it seems to just even out my skin tone and take a little of the yellow out of my foundation (score - colour matching is my worst nightmare). it seems to keep me shine free without taking any life out of my face, or giving any white cast, it allows you to be matte and glowy at the same time! for very pale girls, give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by groove

A good powder to throw in you bag for touch ups through the day. Sets liquid foundations well, lasts a long time, because you don't need to use alot.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by 1CupcakeJunkie

My skin is VERY oily and i have bought so many different foundations and creams to try and control it well i think i finally found my answer! My routine...wash face, apply toner, then i pat on Pur Minerals Under Control mattifying gel, MAC Studio Fix foundation then THIS blot powder to set. I love it because i dont get oily like i use to...i dont need blot papers anymore and i can reapply anytime and it never gets cakey. I carry this with me at all times in my makeup bag. it came with a powder puff thingy but I apply with an E.L.F powder brush i bought for a buck at target.
It doesnt give you color but the MAC rep gave me a med/dark shade. I havent had any issues applying over my foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by xAutumnBabyx

Blot powder is absolutely amazing, its a daily staple for me and my foundation routine. I always set my liquid foundation & concealer with this, then I go on with my Studio Fix, or Pur Minerals powder. Blot Powder is a must if you want that freshly applied look all day- I have tried using my other powders alone, and they simply do not last without adding blot powder in the mix. I do use other oil controlling products (A Shiseido oil control Cleanser & MAC Oil Control Lotion) and obviously a primer, and they all work in conjunction together. I always wanted products that would help my foundation look freshly applied all day- and I think blot powder is the biggest help. I only need to touch up once all day, which is fantastic. Blot powder tends to run light, but I still use the Medium shade (was using Medium Dark)- because I find if you place it over foundation that it slightly can look darker. There is only one downside to this product, and thats the amount. I hit pan in about 3 weeks time, and I find myself repurchasing it alot- and I don't even use very much product when setting my foundation. I wish they still sold the loose version of this because I would gladly purchase it. All in all, an amazing product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this powder! This is my new HG. This powder controls oil better than anything else I've ever tried. The medium-dark matched my skin tone the best. I tested the oil control/lasting power of my makeup by wearing this to work from morning until night. It was AMAZING. My face stayed oil free for pretty much the whole day (about 8 hours) without any touch ups. After about 8 hours, very little shine was glowing through. But, it wasn't a nasty oily shine, it was more like a nice, natural dewyness...which I don't mind at all & I actually prefer it. This even made my blush last a lot longer too. I'm impressed. This did NOT make me look orange either, which is a MAJOR deal breaker for me. The only thing I will say is that this will make you look cakey if you use too much, which can easily be done without realizing at first. I would also reccommend that you go one color up than usual. I bought this in the color Medium the first time, & it ended up being way too light for my skin, so I had to exchange it for Medium-Dark. So, this isn't completely translucent. Even though this is expensive, ($23 to be exact), I will still keep buying this. This powder is perfect for me. I also used Matte FX by Cover FX, & I like this one way better. The sponge this comes with isn't the best way to apply this. A brush works way better, & makes my face look airbrushed in conjuction with this powder. Highly Reccommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

My shade: NC25
The shade of blot powder I have is MEDIUM DARK. Dont order this online in the shade you think you need. If possible, go to the MAC store and take a look yourself. Though this is supposed to be mostly translucent, I picked the closest shade to my skin, which ended up being Medium Dark, which was actually a fair-medium shade in the pan. Even the darkest shade really is about a midtone medium and might look ashy on the darkest skin.

Effectiveness: Blot Powder is by far the best powder to keep my oilies at bay. It isn't a miracle product and sucks up all my oil, but it helps with shine and keeps my foundation (MAC SFF) from moving around during the day without looking cakey. I can reapply this up to 3-4 times a day without an issue of cakiness. Mind you, I only apply this to my t-zone where I get the oiliest. The best thing about this powder is that though it mops up the oil, it doesn't dry out my skin either. I leaves me with a natural matte, soft focused look that diffuses away from my large pores and imperfect skin.

If your skin is VERY oily, I suggest using a blot sheet first and then following up with the powder for optimal matte time (up to 4 hours for me!)

I don't remember the price, but I bought it about a month ago and theres a nice dent in my powder already from daily use. Theres still a lot left and I'm far from hitting pan even with multiple touch ups during the day, so this baby is going to last a while.

Overall, it was a GREAT buy and I think it's my HG powder during the summer to mop up my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by vickibetty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

BUY ITTTTTT!!!!!!

Solves ALL previous hideous foundation purchases because everything looks better with this over the top. Now I can use up all the foundations which I have bought, enough to last at least 10 years. This powder is sheer and extremely matte and lasts ALL day, like I mean 24 hours. Pores, redness and shine are DEFEATED mwahahaha. Don't worry about adding colour, I bought medium dark and I have fair skin with pink cheeks. It works like a bloomin' charm!

Just buy it! I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No