October 26, 2014 | 1045 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Fantasy

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 2:44:00 AM More reviews by maozilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG brow pencil/gel. I love this stuff. It fills my brows without looking unnatural, and the gel keeps them in place without flaking. (Note: I do use a brow brush to soften up the colour after application, but it's not always a necessary step.) I have naturally black hair and was worried that the dark brown wouldn't be dark enough, but it was just right. :) My only complaint about this product is the cheap packaging! The plastic cap on the pencil end cracked within the first few days, despite the fact that I have never thrown it into my bag or been rough with it. Now the cap falls off really easily, which can be irritating. Other than that, I love this brow pencil and will definitely buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 8:40:00 PM More reviews by bunnyrabbit23

I like this product, but I only use the gel side because I find that the pencil is too harsh for my already dark eyebrows and that the tint from the gel is enough to define my brows. The gel tends to wear off after a long day, but for normal ones it is ok. I don't notice any flaking, so I guess it just fades somehow. The lid to the pencil side also isn't too well designed as it tends to fall off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by xyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have this in Dark Brown. My brows are black, but I figured black would be too obvious.
This is a great eyebrow filler. The pencil offers just enough colour without looking too obvious a pencil line, and the brow gel completes the look by evening out the pencil with the brows.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by sterr23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an awful brow product. First of all the cap doesn't stay on the pencil end and now I have eyebrown pencil all over the inside of my makeup bag. The color looked fairly natural but by the end of the day got dusty looking almost making it look like my eyebrows had dandruff!! The gel part was terrible too- it would turn a greyish white and flake off by the end of the work day!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by angelixia07

Good brow pencil & gel. I used it when I had dyed my hair to be a light brown and I dyed my eyebrows too, which turned them from black to barely there. The pencil definately makes the brows noticeable and defined and the gel groomed all the strays and helps make the whole thing look natural. The packaging sucks because the cap cracked easily and I had no cap on the pencil which is annoying but the product itself is great. For eyebrow pencils I would usually try to wipe the product off into an angled brush and then apply it onto my eyebrows, which does look more natural for me but with this pencil, maybe it has to do with the lighter shade, but I don't really have to do that.

Update***
I recently went back to using this product again but this time in a dark chestnut brown. Before this I was using a dark brown Revlon eyeshadow which worked okay but didn't look very natural. The shadow pretty much looked like a color block on my skin and you can see what is drawn on and what is actual brow hairs. I started using this pencil again and I would draw light short strokes to fill in and I would intentionally do it darker than I want. The pencil is very soft and gives off color easily. I would go over it with a brow groomer brush to lighten the color and the bristles in the groomer combs the waxy pencil into a much more natural outcome than using just eye shadow. Going over it with the gel is the icing on the cake because my natural brows are black and the gel tints the hairs to a brown and keeps the hairs more in place the result from doing this is pretty natural and very good for a drugstore product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by SunDerella

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am on my second tube of this, and I am loving it so far. It is really hard to find a good blonde color. I really like the way this glides on and blends into the hairs. My only beef is the gel color, I wish they would have just left it clear, also the length of the pencil side, there is just not much product for the price. If Revlon would address the above stated problems, this for me would be the perfect eyebrow pencil.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by sheenl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this eyebrow pencil. So far this is the best drug-store eye-brow pencil that I've tried (trust me, I've tried lots of them). I purchased dark brown which is a blackish brown shade and the darkest brown they have. I always have trouble buying eye-brown pencils because either the browns were too light or they had red in it. It's a soft and not extremely waxy pencil which makes touching up my brows easy. The cap for the pencil breaks easily as commented by and earlier reviewer. I don't care much for the eye-brow gel although it does make my brows look a little more groomed.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2009 7:00:00 AM More reviews by stephanievisiting

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i didn't care for this product. the plastic cover for the pencil split which is a pet peeve for me. the gel looks fake and the pencil gets dirty

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 6:38:00 AM More reviews by tofusteak

This is one of the better products I've tried from Revlon this year. I like the fact that it's a brow gel and pencil in one. Good value for its price.

The gel is well-pigmented, so a little goes a long way. It also improves the shape of my brow and keeps it in place.
The pencil is soft too, and glides well.

I just wish the pencil was longer, as I think it's too short and I've used it only a few times.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by kperfetto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My eyebrows are plenty dark. but I have a few sparse spots from over-zealous plucking and small scar left over from childhood. Normally, I just fill then in with a light brown eyeshadow, but the staying power isn't so great. I wanted a cheaper alternative to the tinted brow gels from MAC and Anastasia, and in that respect, this is a great drugstore find. Though I'm a brunette, I'm bought the dark blonde pencil. (The brunette shade seemed a bit red.) The pencil is somewhat soft but doesn't smudge. The gel side has a tacky, mustache wax consistency, but I have pretty unruly brows to begin with and it held them in place all day. One small caveat: if you're expecting the brow gel to add any color, it won't.