The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 1/15/2011 10:15:00 PM

I love this oil! It is super strong, so I usually only use one drop on a cotton swab for my whole face! I use it as a spot treatment, and when pressed into the skin, it stings a bit. I love the feel of this oil, and I see the results of it when I wake up in the morning! My face became used to this product after a while however, so I stopped using it for a bit, but when I started again, it had the same effects it had of when I just used it!

I love it!!! For $9, it really does last a long time.

on 1/15/2011 4:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

Wish i could love it, but the smell! its so strong. I usually can stand strong smell, but this one, the smell? I cannot stand it. When at the store, i opened it and smell it, i thought i could get over with the smell. Bought it, came home and put it on my face, it was on for my face more then 20 minutes and the smell didn't go away, feel like i was going to vomit, so i gave up, and ended up washing it off my face.

Don't like, Regret buying it, don't know what i'm going to do with it, luckily, the price was just average, though 9 buck for it is still bit pricey for me. Don't know what i'm going to do with it.

on 12/14/2010 8:57:00 AM

I use the tea-tree oil for an overnight moisturizer: I prepare 10ml of almond oil with 3 drops of tea-tree oil. That gives you at least two weeks of daily treatment.
A little goes a long way since it is oil, but it works wonders to purify and moisturize the skin. A bit like Decleor.
I have combination/oily skin, with sensitive areas, and it makes my skin glowy and clear.
Maybe it's not good for skins with a tendancy to break-out though.

this dries my pimples slowly without drying my skin. i actually like the smell, and how it feels on my skin - really calms my pimples. I'm fine with the time it takes to eliminate my blemishes as long as it doesn't dry my skin. The price is reasonable, and i got it at 20% discount as our local Body Shop is having a sale. If you use this after the mask from the same range, the results are better.

on 12/5/2010 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for a couple of months now. At first I used it diluted as a way to prevent pimples... bad idea! The next morning I woke up and my T zone was very red, sensitive and had little red bumps all over. Now I use it as a spot treatment and it works wonders. I have never had a pimple since; everytime I feel one is about to appear I wear this at night and the next day it's gone.
Pros:
- Very cheap and lasts a long time
- Visibly reduces my pimples overnight
Cons:
- Very strong smell
- Possibly not recommended for sensitive/dry skin

on 11/26/2010 9:08:00 PM

This works so good on me. I use it as spot treatment first, then mix one drop with lotion to apply on my face. I would say this is one of the two acne treatment that actually work on me. (The other one is from H2o, but its discontinued)

on 11/22/2010 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I really liked how well this product worked. It doesn't feel greasy at all and absorbs pretty quickly.

The smell dosen't bother me at all, because it goes away very quickly.

I bought this 2 days ago and most of my acne has started clearing up.

I think it's worth the price, because tea tree oil you buy from other stores are greasy and can make your acne worse, because it clogs your pores.

The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging. It is hard to get the tea tree oil out with the plastic hole that it has. I really wish that they would include something that helps you put on the oil.

I would buy this product again because it is really effective and lasts a long time.

on 10/8/2010 5:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I heard about tea tree oil for long time, but just give it a shot lately. I bought it like 6 months ago, but never use it daily, only when I have blemish I will apply it until it disappear. I apply it using my clean finger since I though using cotton or qtip only will waste the product.

Pros:
1. I did not find any.

Cons:
1. Smell horrible. I hate it smells, I can't find any word to describe the smell.
2. It do nothing on me. I keep using it, but I don't really feel that it helps to dry my acne.
3. Yes, it is not very expensive, but trust me it doesn't worth every penny of your money.

I definitely will not repurchase it, just waste my money. I give it a try like 4 or 5 times, and it never work. Every time I have blemish and apply it, it took more than1 week to make it dry, just like if I'm not apply it.

on 8/18/2010 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Iíve been using this every night for the last 3 weeks and only skip it 1 night. It works very slowly.
This product comes in a small green-glass bottle. You get 13 ml for 6 euros, and it is only 15% tea tree oil. Itís supposed to help drying the blemishes, but itís not very fast doing it. At first I used cotton pads but then I changed to q-tips to apply it. With the cotton pads you end up using too much product and the q-tips just absorb a drop or two, but then get dry very quick when you apply it to your skin, so maybe you have to re-apply if they get dry too fast.
The best thing about this product is that it really helps drying the blemishes (slowly, but faster than not using it), but it does not dry the rest of the skin (I thought it could happen when I used cotton pads).
I guess I wonít be buying it again because I will try to find 100% tea tree oil and see if it makes any difference.

on 8/11/2010 9:43:00 AM

I started to use it about a week and I think I haven't see any significant result since my face always broke up since I use EMC........

But I noticed a little change on my blemished, it dries slowly (not as fast as I want) but it does calm down my acne, and my cystic acne too (but again it's not as fast as I want). It takes time, so I'll finish my bottle and maybe will repurchase again if it really works. I use q tips on each of my pimples every night.

So Now I think I give up for beauty products that add "miracle" inside their campaign because it's too good to be true....

13.08.2010: I use it every night as a night serum and day before I put my bb cream. Felt good....hopefully it will help my very blemished face....

It's not..... I confused with my face. Think imma back to my old routine

Popular Treatments (Face)