July 30, 2014 | 2069 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by mascaraloverforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

this is an OKAY mascara. didn't do much for my straight, short, and thin lashes. i've tried better ones before that's why i wouldn't repurchase this. if you want natural looking lashes then this is the mascara for you,

PROS:
+softens and conditions the lashes
+adds length
+separates the lashes pretty well

CONS:
-flakes
-doesn't make my lashes FULL
-doesn't darken my lashes
-doesn't hold the curl

i would probably buy this again only if it's on sale. if you have long and thick eyelashes, this could be the mascara for you! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Elllllll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For the price you are paying it's alright. I use this for everyday wear but I am still looking for a HG mascara!

Pros:
looks natural if you coat them lightly
does seem to lengthen a little
does make lashes more visible
doesn't dry out as quickly (had mine for 4months and is still good)

Cons:
doesn't hold curl

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by Gracejennifer27

great brush- a little small
- easily to build on mascara

- not very stable (will go on undereyes and smudge)

for someone who wants a minimal mascara makeup on the go.

if you want better stay, I recommend waterproof instead.

its ok, but their are better products on the market.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Annee167

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. It isn't super heavy which makes my lashes look and feel more natural. I always get compliments on my lashes but some don't even know i'm wearing mascara. It is the perfect every day mascara if you just put one coat on, and then add a few coats when you go out at night. I will probably always use this mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:02:00 AM More reviews by pinkandblack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'll admit it: my lashes, even at 41, are pretty darn enviable. They're naturally curled, dark, shapely, and plentiful enough that I look like I'm wearing one coat of a "natural" mascara when I haven't got a stitch on. So when I need a little extra oomph, this is the mascara I reach for. I loathe sticky, spidery, spikey, fakey, laquery lashes, and this mascara hits the spot. I get MLBB (My Lashes But Better). Hello silky soft, natural-looking enhanced eyeball fringe!

The only demerit I can give this magnificent product is due to its penchant for smearing and running at the mere thought of shedding a tear. The waterproof version is like a completely different product (sticky, drying, laquery, blech!). Of course perfection always comes at a price. C'est la vie!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by helloroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

People on the make up board go nuts for this stuff and I always see it recommended. To be honest, it doesn't do enough for my straight asian lashes - it doesn't thicken or lengthen enough. For someone who already has nice lashes, this could be a great "pick me up" product but for someone who doesn't have lashes to begin with..this simply isn't dramatic enough to make it look like you have lashes. The non-waterproof kind doesn't hold a curl and the waterproof kind still smudges.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by liddalidda

best mascara ever. I have short sparse Asian lashes and after a few coats I have really thick long lashes. it's true to the name and my lashes are still super soft after application which means it looks quite natural too! I am already using my 4th tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by redstampede

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite mascaras; true to the name, I wear it when I want fuller-looking (but more natural) lashes. my eyelashes are already medium length, so this helps darken them and makes them stand out. It really is a softer formula; my lashes are flexible and fluttery. I love the way it looks; I use it every day and have stocked up on extra tubes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2013 7:20:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyBunny3698

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOL, some people will hate me for writing this, sorry for being a party pooper. Full 'N Soft, more like Full Of Crap. I'm a sucker for makeup, and I got totally sucked in when I watched Michelle Phan's On The Go Drugstore Mascara review. She was so hyped up about Maybelline's Full 'N Soft mascara, and of course I was super worked up and hyped about Maybelline's Full 'N Soft mascara. After reading all the positive reviews and comments about full, feathery light and soft lashes, I rushed out of my house and bought the mascara from my local drugstore quicker than you can say " Full 'N Soft. Maybe it's me, but I kinda had high standards for this mascara, seeing all those positive raves and comments about.

Proclaimed Benefits (got it off from the official Maybelline website):
Builds full, healthy-looking lashes without the brittle feel (True, my lashes looks much feathery and full, without feeing like the mascara is weighing my lashed down, which is a big tick in my book. )
Prevents loss of lashes with patented Quick Dissolve System that allows easy mascara removal (Undetermined.)
Advanced thickening formula with Vitamin E helps to soften and nourish lashes (True, I'm not quite sure about the Vitamin E, but my doesn't feel crunchy or brittle, even after I washed the mascara off.)
No clumps, no mess (False, well for me, there was really much clumps that you can't deal with, but the mascara will smudge a little on my under eye area, especially during the spring season, I will always rub my eyes due to allergies. )
Contact lens safe and hypoallergenic (True, personally I wear glasses, so I couldn't test if they were safe for contact lens wearers, but my friend wear contacts with this mascara, and it didn't irritate or went onto her contacts. Thumbs up for contact lens wearers.)
Washable, also available in Waterproof formula (True, it might seem that the waterproof formula of the Full 'N Soft mascara might have much more of a better staying power.)

Packaging:
For regular drugstore mascara, you can't really ask or expect much. This packaging is alright, it got its basic long cylinder mascara tube and nothing really that special, that draws you in.

On my lashes:
I suppose this mascara doesn't glide on like butter, alike Lancome's Definicil or Hypnose, but the mascara isn't too wet or dry when I apply to my lashes. To be honest, I was looking forward to some Va va voom actions, with great voluminzing, thickening and separation abilities. If you are looking for a mascara with good separation, this might not be the mascara for you, however if you are looking for fuller and voluminzing effect, this is the bomb. The really negative thing, that made me dislike this whole mascara, is that the lift of my lashes doesn't for the entire day, even when I've curl my lashes beforehand. It have a tendency to drop :(

Ingredients:
WATER/AQUA, BEESWAX/CERA ALBA, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PPG-17/IPD/DMPA COPOLYMER, COPERNICIA CERIFERA WAX/ CARNAUBA, PARAFFIN, NYLON-12, POLYETHYLENE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, STEARIC ACID, PVP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, TRIETHANOLAMINE, PALMITIC ACID, PVP, SILICA, SYNTHETIC WAX, PANTHENOL, DIMETHICONOL, HYDROLYZED CORN STARCH, ISOCETETH-20, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, DISODIUM EDTA, SIMETHICONE, OCTYLaCRYLAMIDE/ACRYLATES/BUTYLAMINOETHYL METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM COCOAMPHODIACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ,LECITHIN, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, BUTYLPARABEN, 2-OLEAMIDO-1, 3 OCTADECANEDIOL, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: FIL D97/5

Price- AUS $18.45 regular retail price
Would I repurchase- No sorry, this isn't the mascara for me, next. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

First and foremost, this mascara is only seven bucks! And its carried in most drugstores nationwide. This gem may not be in a pretty hot pink tube, with girly neon colors, it may not have vibrating brushes or fancy flashing lights, however this mascara is SOLID... and I do not leave the house without a tube in my aersenol (I have 4 tubes total).

Full N Soft Waterproof also does all of the things I want a mascara to do adding length and separation to my lashes while holding a curl, so that I look wide awake (even when Im not).

Full N Soft doesnt flake, smudge or run, I dont get bumps or clumps... just smooth, evenly coated lashes, which means I get control over how my lashes look. This is a must with mascara... you should always be in control and be able to minipulate the product you are working with, this is the beauty of makeup.

Another thing I really like about this mascara is how well it layers. When I want them to look natural, like for the beach, I just apply one or two layers for that feathery, separated look. Or when Im craving something more dramatic, Ill do three or four. With this being said, no matter how many layers, how much drama, or where I am and what I am doing- this mascara stays put and looks beautiful all day long.

My results with this mascara are consistently great, which is why I always have a tube of it with me. If you have not tried this, I urge you to do so. This mascara gives the look of a high end product with a drug store price. What more could you ask for?