September 16, 2014 | 1949 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Pigment in Naked

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

Since this isn't eye safe, its a little useless and no use to me as a highlighter because of the gold glitter. Its very similar to fairylite, which has a formula i just don't like as much as some of the softer pearly ones - like violet, teal, white, tan... etc.
I've tried mixing it with lipgloss but still nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by morphinekitty

This is the first pigment that I have bought, and I can honestly say I used it almost everyday. It's a great highlight color or for all over the lid if your in a rush. I think this color could work on anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Momma2myQTZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really love this pigment! It is HG for me and I use it absolutely every time that i do my makeup. It is the perfect highlight color for most any skin tone, but it actually a touch darker than my fair skin so I use it under my brow bone instead to add a slight depth. The shimmer in this is gorgeous, not at all over the top. A very subtle neutral pigment that is a must have for fair complexions. I have included a photo of the color swatched.

continued >>

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Anaiis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It's the perfect nude e/s for me. It's so creamy and nice, the color is like my skin but better, compliments my blue eyes very well and just enough shimmer to keep it from being dull. I wish the packaging came with sifter though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by maia0x0x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great neutral tone. Tiny hint of shimmer, nothing unnatural. My gripe its that its too sheer for an e/s. i have medium (NC40) skin and this is light enough to contrast and show up on my skin, but i prefer something more opaque. Anything 'light-colored' and sheer...on my medium skin tone...just looks like a mistake. It makes my complextion ashy and garish, sick and drawn.
Very similar to Provence pigment.
Texture is fine and smooth not chunky or grainy
Fablulous mixed with moisturizer or lotion for a little glow though....but not something I really have time to mess with. So this is not FJ worthy for me.
This is probably really flattering on most skintones, just didnt work for me=(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2008 9:59:00 AM More reviews by jhadiq

The key word to describe this shade - subtle! I've had an obsession recently with wearing nude makeup - nude lips, nude eyes, nude blush, and looking like I'm not wearing any makeup. For that purpose, this pigment is absolutely perfect! This is a nude-beige that blends in with my skin. It's like my skin, but sexier! Leaves just enough shimmer to make the skin look dewy but not made-up. Perfect as a nude shadow with a darker neutral smudged in the crease. Nice and natural as a cheekbone or body highlight, too. A real winner if you want a subtle look, but I'd recommend passing if you are looking for drama. This is not one to wear for impact. Highly recommended if you are trying to put together a nude face palette like I am. Like it's name, it really is a "naked" pigment.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2008 1:01:00 AM More reviews by fartsyartsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sheer nude color with subtle shimmer. Great for highlighting brow bone. Goes on very smoothly, and highly pigmented like most mac pigments.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by gurluwant2love24

This pigment is so beautiful and classy. It's actually my 1st MAC Pigment purchase (I know, I'm a little late lol) and it's just wonderful in so many ways. Normally I'll put some on my Too Faced Kabuki Brush and then blend it lightly all over my face for a nice, fresh glow. I also use it as a brow highlighter. I believe this works well with all skin tones and it's very basic anyone can use it. I love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by LeslieMUA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Naked is my favorite MAC pigment! It's a beautiful, neutral beige pigment with minor shimmer that isn't at all grainy or chunky like other MAC pigments. While I am cool, I would say this pigment flatters fair to medium warm or cool tones. I used it as a wash on days where I can't be bothered with make-up because it livens up my eyes a bit and makes my lids appear smoother and brighter. I sometimes use it as a highlight on my browbone or on my cheeks. If MAC ever discontinues it, I'll probably buy about 20. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by VegaNYC

I agree with Fetishdolly below, the effect of this pigment is similar to that of a sheer stocking. It's faint, pretty and versatile. It makes the perfect brow highlighter, face highlighter and mixed with body lotion your skin radiates! I use this more than Vanilla since it's close to my natural skin tone. For a delicate, easy, daytime eye I apply this from lid to brow then use a matte, brown liner to rim and follow up by smudging a matte, brown shadow as close the lashes as possible. Mascara completes the look. If I'm feeling like color I'll just change the liner and shadow I use on the lash line.
Packaging is always a miss with MAC pigments, they just need to start adding sifters to the jars.