MAC Pigment in Naked

4.2

I have pale porcelain skin, brown eyes, and black hair for ref.

Very beautiful neutral colour for fair skins. I use it on my brow bones for an ever so slight highlighting effect. It has some slight shimmer to it, but is not frosty nor glittery. Very nice. A sure staple.

on 5/14/2008 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only MAC pigment I have so far but I love it so much I want to check out others. I'm an NW20, and Naked is the perfect nude shadow for me. It's almost the same color as my eyelids but it's enough different to make my eyes stand out a little. The shimmer is beautiful but subtle enough for everyday wear. I like to put it all over my lid and use a brown in the crease.

The only problem I have is with the packaging (knocked off a lippie for it). As another reviewer said, a sifter cap would be heavenly. Maybe it's because I'm a pigment beginner but I usually end up wasting some just trying to get it on the brush evenly. Trying to tap a little into the cap has ended in disaster and a mountain of pigment.

But don't let that discourage you! Naked is a fabulous shade for fairer-skinned folk.

Since this isn't eye safe, its a little useless and no use to me as a highlighter because of the gold glitter. Its very similar to fairylite, which has a formula i just don't like as much as some of the softer pearly ones - like violet, teal, white, tan... etc.
I've tried mixing it with lipgloss but still nothing special.

on 3/13/2008 10:38:00 PM

This is the first pigment that I have bought, and I can honestly say I used it almost everyday. It's a great highlight color or for all over the lid if your in a rush. I think this color could work on anyone.

on 2/28/2008 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I really love this pigment! It is HG for me and I use it absolutely every time that i do my makeup. It is the perfect highlight color for most any skin tone, but it actually a touch darker than my fair skin so I use it under my brow bone instead to add a slight depth. The shimmer in this is gorgeous, not at all over the top. A very subtle neutral pigment that is a must have for fair complexions. I have included a photo of the color swatched.

continued >>

on 2/8/2008 9:40:00 AM

It's the perfect nude e/s for me. It's so creamy and nice, the color is like my skin but better, compliments my blue eyes very well and just enough shimmer to keep it from being dull. I wish the packaging came with sifter though.

on 2/7/2008 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Great neutral tone. Tiny hint of shimmer, nothing unnatural. My gripe its that its too sheer for an e/s. i have medium (NC40) skin and this is light enough to contrast and show up on my skin, but i prefer something more opaque. Anything 'light-colored' and sheer...on my medium skin tone...just looks like a mistake. It makes my complextion ashy and garish, sick and drawn.
Very similar to Provence pigment.
Texture is fine and smooth not chunky or grainy
Fablulous mixed with moisturizer or lotion for a little glow though....but not something I really have time to mess with. So this is not FJ worthy for me.
This is probably really flattering on most skintones, just didnt work for me=(

on 2/7/2008 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The key word to describe this shade - subtle! I've had an obsession recently with wearing nude makeup - nude lips, nude eyes, nude blush, and looking like I'm not wearing any makeup. For that purpose, this pigment is absolutely perfect! This is a nude-beige that blends in with my skin. It's like my skin, but sexier! Leaves just enough shimmer to make the skin look dewy but not made-up. Perfect as a nude shadow with a darker neutral smudged in the crease. Nice and natural as a cheekbone or body highlight, too. A real winner if you want a subtle look, but I'd recommend passing if you are looking for drama. This is not one to wear for impact. Highly recommended if you are trying to put together a nude face palette like I am. Like it's name, it really is a "naked" pigment.

on 1/24/2008 1:01:00 AM

Sheer nude color with subtle shimmer. Great for highlighting brow bone. Goes on very smoothly, and highly pigmented like most mac pigments.

This pigment is so beautiful and classy. It's actually my 1st MAC Pigment purchase (I know, I'm a little late lol) and it's just wonderful in so many ways. Normally I'll put some on my Too Faced Kabuki Brush and then blend it lightly all over my face for a nice, fresh glow. I also use it as a brow highlighter. I believe this works well with all skin tones and it's very basic anyone can use it. I love it! :)