December 19, 2014 | 855 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 1:11:00 AM More reviews by beautybeech

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This remover does sting/burn my eyes a little so i do have to be careful. The consistency really is like water with a slightly herbal scent. I usually put 4 drops onto a cotton pad and hold it to my eye for 5 seconds. After that i gently swipe it across my eye twice and it removes everything. It also removes waterproof makeup eg. mascara very well, still looking for a remover that doesn't sting

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by amber_vb

I love love love this stuff. Like someone else mentioned, it's like water. And I don't feel like I have to wipe my eyes down several times, or saturate the eye make up before wiping it off. I thought I'd lost mine and I bought some covergirl remover that was on sale, and there is no comparison between the two. Thank goodness I ended up finding it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by jasmine1765

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product for a while, a few years now. It stings my eyes, and it is not as gentle as it says on the bottle. I usually apply some on a q tip and end up rubbing that around my eyes to get my eyeliner off. I would not purchase this again. Im trying finish all my make up removers so I can just start using olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Samholls

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this make up remover for 12 years - the only thing that has stayed in my cupboard for longer than about six months. It's like removing make up with water, except that it works. Has never stung my eyes and have found it to be the best out there!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by elladcookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I hate this product! It's not worth its price honestly. It stings my eyes big time! It doesn't do its job in removing eye liner and mascara. No matter how hard I try to remove my eye makeup using this product, I'd still wake up with mascara streaks under my eyes. I used it only twice or thrice and I swear I will never use it again. I'm so disappointed with this product especially this is from the body shop. I thought they make really good natural products that do work

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by Allaboutmeleigh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the worst eye make-up remover I've ever used. I've been having horrible weepy, burning, itchy eyes all of the time. I recently purchased Neal's Yard Remedies Chamomile Cream make-up remover and the problem immediately stopped. This product was causing an allergic reaction. Glad to remedy that, how annoying. This product is filled with parabens.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 8:05:00 AM More reviews by angour

Well, in my case it is not that "gentle" as it does sting the skin a bit, but it is quite effective in removing makeup from my eyes. The smell is ok, but not the best... the bottle packaging is ok... not sure if I would buy it again though

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2009 10:44:00 PM More reviews by rk14889

This particular product from The Body Shop has served me well over the years. It's reasonably effective in removing eye makeup including waterproof/smudge-proof/long-wearing eye products and leaves a somewhat soothing sensation after every usage. When any residue does get into my eyes, I find that it does not cause irritation.
However, I have experienced a mild burning sensation on rare accounts - I take it that my skin was extra-sensitive at the time. If you have sensitive skin, I would recommend that you give this product a try before purchasing it.
Overall, I would consider this Body Shop product to be a staple in my beauty regime.

*UPDATE: I no longer classify this as a must-have since discovering a better substitution that is olive oil.

---

For reference, I'm NC35-41 in MAC and Warm Natural (4.5) in Bobbi Brown. I have dry-sensitive skin during the cooler months and a combination of normal to oily skin during the warmer months. My skin suffers from hormonal acne on a regular basis, as well as eczema on occasions.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2009 10:34:00 PM More reviews by each

I purchased this during a sale whereby they got this in travel sized (60ml) & its 5 for S$10.00

As a eye make up remover, its really stings & doesnt get the my max factor mascara
BUT it removes my two way powder pretty well & its non oily. so i', using it as a normal makeup remover instead of eye makeup remover

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 7:09:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Yes it did remove makeup well but it stung my eyes a little. Its cheap and in a big bottle but I wont be repurchasing, I've found better alternatives already. Simple, Nivea and L'oreal.