Laura Geller Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

3.8

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Jojoba), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E) (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), BHT, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola) Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 6/13/2010 7:49:00 PM

Not a great powder foundation. I got a sample of this in the fair and it was too dark. I am not overly fair but it still didn't look good. I kinda had a gray cast to my face. Not pretty. I will stick with my new BE matte.

on 6/4/2010 3:19:00 PM

I purchased this in fair. I am lighter than your average non-tanned caucasian, but not super light. On me, this product provided almost no coverage for small blemishes or slight facial redness, but did color my skin too dark - and with a grayish cast. I think Covergirl's TruBlend powder is a better product, at much lest cost. This is going back.

on 6/2/2010 10:47:00 AM

I got this in a gift set. The coverage is okay it doesn't cover some of my acne scars but does cover my freckles. It isn't heavy. It really evens out my skin which is impressive. Its really easy to overapply and will look cakey if you do. It lasts all day which I like. I don't have to touch it up or carry it around in my bag. There are oils in this which means I don't stay matte all day.I didn't break out from this. The laura geller brush it came with kinda breaks the powder apart so you get little particles in the packaging. You can just sweep these up with another brush but it is a little annoying. The packaging isn't the best both the powder and plastic break easily. I probably won't buy this again because sephora no longer sells LG.

on 5/19/2010 1:31:00 PM

I have this in the fair, and the color is a good match for my skintone. Having said that, I am less than impressed with this one. It does not cover as well as I expected, and it makes my face itch. I think it looks cakey also. I really, really wanted to like this because it seemed like a less messy alternative to minerals to have in my purse, but that is not the case. Giving this away.

on 5/12/2010 12:05:00 PM

Love love love this! It is the best powder foundation I have ever used. I have it in Fair because I got it in a kit and they had only Fair available. I'm glad they did because I think Medium/Regular would have been too dark for me. I don't consider myself particularly "fair" but I think I am more pale than I think... lol Anyway... on to the review.

I use a powder brush and lightly spritz some facial spray on the brush and then sweep that over the pan. This alleviates any loose powder flying all ove the place and being wasted. (I read some reviews - I can't remember if it was on here or on qvc.com - that had complaints about the powder being wasted from merely swirling your brush in the pan.)

This powder sort of "melts" into your skin (I use it over either the Pure Luxe eraser primer or the Mally Beauty primer) and leaves a very nice finish. It's not shiny at all - but not flat matte. It's juuuuust riiiight. The coverage is relatively sheer. Sort of "your skin but better." I use a concealer brush and apply to areas that need more coverage.

All in all, I'm really glad I bought this powder. The kit (I can't remember the full name but it was something about brightening) was probably not worth it but this powder is 100%.

My only complaint is that the packaging looks cheap. But that's not a big deal to me. I'm not using this for touchups in public, so I don't care that much.

I wish I had known about this powder and had bought loads when it was on sale at Sephora. Oh well continued >>

on 4/4/2010 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

offers pretty good coverage but makes me look cakey. Its too bad b/c its very convenient to use . Except the hinge on my compact broke and the clear plastic snapped off too. Maybe i will try it for a finishing powder... not sure.

on 3/25/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I have this in fair & I love it. It brightens my skin and helps to reduce the redness from my rosacea. It's a very sheer foundation, but can be layered for more coverage. It doesn't oxidize on me, but my chin sometimes starts to look a little oily at the end of the day.

on 3/17/2010 9:48:00 PM

I was very disappointed with this product. I expected color correction, specially with the redness on my cheeks due to sensitivity. The brush that came along with it does not pick up the product and I ended up throwing the powderized bits the brush took away from the compact down the sink. I had the fair kind and it was like I was tanned, and I am light-medium with BE and NC25 with MAC. The packaging is nice and seems sturdy and I like the idea of a retractable brush, but it was completely useless. I also thought it would "feel like silk" as some reviews said but it felt heavy and dry.

on 3/15/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

The color on me is near perfect (the regular) however the product itself isn't worth the money. Maybe it's mine but I cannot seem to get any product on any type of brush to make it work as a light powder foundation - even a sheer one. It looks nice as a pressed powder and I will use it for that, however I was expecting a bit more coverage. I won't repurchase this one. It also came with a retractable brush which is way to fine to pick up anything at all - I use it for heavily pigmented blushes instead.

on 1/11/2010 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I got this in a kit from QVC in the regular shade, and I'm sorry, it's WAY too light for my NC-35. I'm not sure if this comes in a darker shade, but it should. Aside from the color not working on me, it's not a bad powder f/d if you don't mind minimal coverage. I have the bronze-n-brighten in a split pan and that works a little better since I can mix and get a darker outcome. I actually now use this over f/ds I have that may be too dark and need some paling, and it works well in combination with that! Glad I can use it for something!