July 22, 2014 | 2264 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by fechenwiesen

I bought this on QVC. I have been wearing it for about 6 weeks now, and am very happy. I am fairly light in BE and find that I don´t get powder settling into lines as BE does on me. I do find that this really just gives my skin a perfect look, it seems to cover small imperfections and seems to brighten my skin. I also find that my skin ( acne prone) is very happy with this foundation, no breakouts at all. I do need to touch up ( for shine) mid afternoon, but I have somewhat oily skin. I will be buying this again. The product came with a brush, which for me is useless. I use a mac powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sbilbao

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Covers great, evens out my skin tone. I dont even need to touch up through out the day. Does not make me look oily. YEAH!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by VMARTIN57

I've said that I would not buy this product again only because I've read so many reviews about the colours. I've recently tried BnB because the Clinique Almost Powder has now started to dry up on my skin. I'm pretty sure that BnB has similar ingredients but so far it has not had this effect on me. It goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel smooth but doesn't last all day as the Clinique one does. I've been fortunate in getting a pan that the colour is a good match for my skin but am not happy that I could buy another pan and for it to be totally different (as other reviewers have said). The jury's out on this one. Perhaps I will try Smashbox Halo next. x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by JCR1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this for touch up during the day but recently started using it instead of BE minerals as it is less faff!

It does require a touch up on me by mid day ish - it goes on first at 6am.

Its easy to use and if you get a compact with the right colour and even swirls then its really good. Wish you could choose which one you want though!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by redheadedbitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I often end up with my mom's hand-me-down makeup. She is very, very fair- and orders makeup from QVC a lot. Bad combination! But good for me :-)

I use this to set my foundation- I'm sure I could use it on its own, because it is fairly dense. I just use a little bit on a kabuki brush and it does give a semi-matte glow to my face. It stays on for most of the day and doesn't let oil take over my face.

Others have said that it oxidizes- I do find that this happens, but not too much. I am very fair like my mom- a cool, pale. I can't wear anything that looks too orangey, but I feel like this gives a bit of color.

As much as I like it, I probably would not repurchase because it is pretty pricey.

EDIT: I've been trying it on its own as a foundation, as opposed to a setting powder and I have to say it is way too orange for my fair, wintery complexion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was hoping this would be a good alternative to Bare Minerals when traveling, and I liked just brushing one powder onto my face instead of 2 or 3, and I liked that it came in a solid so it wasn't as messy as Bare Minerals. I used the light color which seemed about right on my skin. (I think those who say it looks too dark have Balance and Bronze, not Balance and Brighten)

Unfortunately it's kind of chalky, and I looked old and tired every time I used it ... so back to Bare Minerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by PoptheBottle

Price: As a HS sophomore, I usually don't spend more than $15 on any one product, but my mom gave this to me yesterday. The price is rather high- $30 or so for 9 grams. Obviously, it depends on personal preference whether the money spent is justifiable. However, after trying this out, I'm definitely going to repurchase when I run out. :)

Product: Finely milled, with intricate veining. I'm not a fan of piling on makeup, so I used just a bit this morning around 7 am. The coverage is fantastic, and the finish is amazing: soft, a bit matte, and a bit airbrushed. It also looked totally natural. I came back from school around 3:30, and my foundation was still there! Obviously, some of it faded, but that in itself is an accomplishment because I have an oily face (no, it's not an oil mine, but it's definitely not squeaky clean either), and most foundations I've tried usually disappear by the time I come home from school. But here's the coolest part- it stayed on after I went SWIMMING in PE. While I admit that I didn't exactly dunk my face into the pool, it still got a bit moist, and I even took a quick hot shower after. Amazing. :)

Packaging: A matte black compact with the Laura Geller logo on it. There's a half-circle of clear plastic to view into the product. When you flip it open, there's a mirror on the other half of the top. While I would prefer a whole mirror, it really is no big. Something that I've found annoying however, is that because the powder is so fine, when I swirl some onto my brush, bits of it float onto the rest of the packaging. If you open the compact too harshly, bits of the powder will get onto your hands and clothes. :( However, it you open it with a bit of caution, there should be no problem.

Color: The color can be described as a tanned beige. No, this product does not work for everyone, and it doesn't "adjust" to most skin tones. I got lucky because as an Asian, it's really close to my skin tone. Obviously, this product will not work for everyone as it has for me. There is a light version available, but I've heard it's still dark for most. :( Also, if you pile it on (I haven't tried yet and don't plan to, but my friend who had the same one did), it will look overdone and give you a fake baked tan look.

Overall, it's my new HG foundation. The only things to watch out for is the coloring and price, and obviously, those depend on you. :)

Hope this review helped. <3

I'm going swimming in PE again in a few days, will update if results change.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2009 4:50:00 PM More reviews by bella4462

I love LG Balance n Brighten Medium, it adjusts well to my skin tone. I feel that this is far better than all of the other d/s and h/e powder foundations. I feel that Philosophy Super Natural Air Brushed Powder provides better coverage but LG has better matching for skin color w/ the marbilized effect I use Philosophy when I'm rushing due to the built in delivery system but prefer LG overall. For me, I have neutral tone and this isn't too pink nor too yellow. Love it.

***EDIT REVIEW****

I took off 2 lippies because I am wearing this regularly and having some issues. First of all, it does not do well in humidity! It doesn't last long like other mmu and it gets all blochy at the end of the day. Secondly, I've broken out on my cheeks and chin in red pimples. Too bad because I love it in the begining of the day and the color match is superb.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2009 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

foundation, what is it?

something we all use, something we all have different preferences with..some like powder.. creme.. or liquid. i have tried everything, drugstore..*yukk* high end, from mac, chanel, nars ..etcc. and i have found a few that i do like a lot, and they are all for a different purpose. i use macs studio tech for my photoshoots since it looks perfectly flawless and has no white cast with a camera flash. i like mac studio sculpt for liquid, but sometimes i just don't feel like a dewy foundation. i want something light, portable for touchups and has great coverage still.

well.. i found it! i actually swapped for this. i liked the concept for the balancing with the diff color swirls, my face is close to perfect, i don't have red or brown spots, no acne either but i do have dark circles and freckles. [don't get me wrong i love my freckles :] but sometimes i want a nice even face when im getting done up and going out.

now i have used powder foundation's before, my first was everyday minerals, which is amazing.. but im not a huge fan of the non-portability, and also, i never found a perfect match for my skintone. then i tried macs studio fix powder. which i loved at first ...until i saw myself in pictures and realized my face was ghost white and my body was brown. it gives you a white cast..and i hate that, and lastly, it caked up real bad if you used too much and i would have to use fix plus and buff it in. my last attempt at powder was macs mineralize skinfinish natural in medium dark. and i really do like this, it doesn't cake up like the studio fix did...but..it just wasn't a home run.

so that brings me to laura gellers balance n brighten. girls, im telling you, this product is absolutely amazing. and im a huge critic on face makeup. i am a makeup artist, and have used so many things, and i give everything a fair chance and give them a month or so until i give up on it, or know if its something i really like. balance n brighten was a hit immediately. i knew right away this was perfect for me. i was in love at first sight ..of my face :)

the first huge difference was, i tried swatching it on my finger like i do with all new products. i didn't see anything? i was like.. well okay this might be okay for a sheer coverage, maybe a light summer powder...wrong. girls, if u swatch studio fix powder and balance n brighten on two diff fingers, you will see on finger caked up and one looking normal. so after i did the finger swatch, it was time to test it on my face. i took my "adorned with grace minerals" mini skunk brush. [its identical to macs 188] exept it has a short handle. i swirled it around and applied to my face.

ohhh my goddd!! i couldn't believe it! it was the most velvety, airbrushed, smooth, blurred, pretty colored, light feeling thing to ever touch my face. and the thing that shocked me the most!? it was full coverage! it seriously went on so even and you couldn't see my freckles, it was what my skin would look like if it was out of a magazine...and like i wasn't wearing anything.

on my finger, i see nothing, but on my face, it transforms! i am in love ..its magic. like i can't even tell you how much this product means to me. to find a foundation that works miracles comes once in a lifetime haha.

the packaging-

this powder comes in a mac mineralize skinfinish type of compact. it doesn't have an all clear lid, its a half moon where you can see product on the top, the bottom of the lid is black with the laura geller logo on it. & there is gold stripes around the compact. when you open it, there is a half moon mirror where on the bottom, under the top clear part. which is so nice because you always need a mirror right!?

color-

its almost indescribable. since its like a mineralize skinfinish without shimmer, there is lots of veining. its pretty to look at too. they are all different since there hand made and baked in italy. no two are the same. [which is why i always pick my own msfs at the mac counter] because i want the one with the best veining. unfortunately you can't pick with laura geller products, because everything is in a black box with tape. but its really okay because you will get one with just enough swirls. as of now, there are two shades, i would guess because this product is becoming more popular, she will come out with more for darker women. she already put out the medium one, there used to only be fair!

fair- base- ivory, with pink, beige & yellow swirls.

medium- base- beige, with pink, tan & yellow swirls.

i actually have both colors, first i got the fair, when i loved it so much i got the medium. its summer right now and im getting tanner, so i have options. im an NC37 in mac. and the great thing about this powder is, weather your cool or warm toned..this WILL work for you, you don't need to worry about that. the yellow helps neutralize your skin, the pink helps perfect, and the beige/tan/cream colored base is the foundation and color. you can deff use this lightly for a light/sheer coverage. or like i do with a skunk brush or kabuki and buff it in for a fuller coverage. but no matter how much i apply. it will neverrr cake on me. its wonderful!

overall, as you can tell from my long review, im in love with this product, and i would highly suggest it to all of you who are looking for a new foundation, are sick of the one your using, can't find the right color, need one that wont cake up, are new to makeup, a pro.. whatever it may be, this will work for you. its magic im telling you. so go to your nearest sephora and try this out! the price isn't bad for the product you get it. and it really lasts a long time.

if you are not sure what one to get out of the fair and medium, send me an email, tell me your color foundation you are wearing now, and i will tell you which one will suit you best.

thanks for reading my review, and enjoy being beautiful, as you ALL are

14 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2009 11:29:00 PM More reviews by Stylebaby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Laura Geller on QVC. She has such a winning personality and I really believe in her enthusiasm for her products. I wanted so much to love this!! Sadly, for me it did not work. Applied lightly, it didn't offer any coverage at all. Applied more heavily, it offered medium coverage, plus a dried-out, matte and powdery finish. Within ten minutes, the reasonably acceptable shade match turned to a darker, orange tone that made me look like my face belonged to a different body than my neck. It made me wonder just what she means when she calls this product "self-adjusting" in tone. My skin is not oily, and I used primer, so it seems I did all I could to prevent color change, with no success. I'm really sad about this!