February 1, 2015 | 1369 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 12:05:00 PM More reviews by PinkLily

Love love love this! It is the best powder foundation I have ever used. I have it in Fair because I got it in a kit and they had only Fair available. I'm glad they did because I think Medium/Regular would have been too dark for me. I don't consider myself particularly "fair" but I think I am more pale than I think... lol Anyway... on to the review.

I use a powder brush and lightly spritz some facial spray on the brush and then sweep that over the pan. This alleviates any loose powder flying all ove the place and being wasted. (I read some reviews - I can't remember if it was on here or on qvc.com - that had complaints about the powder being wasted from merely swirling your brush in the pan.)

This powder sort of "melts" into your skin (I use it over either the Pure Luxe eraser primer or the Mally Beauty primer) and leaves a very nice finish. It's not shiny at all - but not flat matte. It's juuuuust riiiight. The coverage is relatively sheer. Sort of "your skin but better." I use a concealer brush and apply to areas that need more coverage.

All in all, I'm really glad I bought this powder. The kit (I can't remember the full name but it was something about brightening) was probably not worth it but this powder is 100%.

My only complaint is that the packaging looks cheap. But that's not a big deal to me. I'm not using this for touchups in public, so I don't care that much.

I wish I had known about this powder and had bought loads when it was on sale at Sephora. Oh well continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2010 7:12:00 PM More reviews by kkostera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

offers pretty good coverage but makes me look cakey. Its too bad b/c its very convenient to use . Except the hinge on my compact broke and the clear plastic snapped off too. Maybe i will try it for a finishing powder... not sure.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 3:05:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have this in fair & I love it. It brightens my skin and helps to reduce the redness from my rosacea. It's a very sheer foundation, but can be layered for more coverage. It doesn't oxidize on me, but my chin sometimes starts to look a little oily at the end of the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Smungmung

I was very disappointed with this product. I expected color correction, specially with the redness on my cheeks due to sensitivity. The brush that came along with it does not pick up the product and I ended up throwing the powderized bits the brush took away from the compact down the sink. I had the fair kind and it was like I was tanned, and I am light-medium with BE and NC25 with MAC. The packaging is nice and seems sturdy and I like the idea of a retractable brush, but it was completely useless. I also thought it would "feel like silk" as some reviews said but it felt heavy and dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The color on me is near perfect (the regular) however the product itself isn't worth the money. Maybe it's mine but I cannot seem to get any product on any type of brush to make it work as a light powder foundation - even a sheer one. It looks nice as a pressed powder and I will use it for that, however I was expecting a bit more coverage. I won't repurchase this one. It also came with a retractable brush which is way to fine to pick up anything at all - I use it for heavily pigmented blushes instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I got this in a kit from QVC in the regular shade, and I'm sorry, it's WAY too light for my NC-35. I'm not sure if this comes in a darker shade, but it should. Aside from the color not working on me, it's not a bad powder f/d if you don't mind minimal coverage. I have the bronze-n-brighten in a split pan and that works a little better since I can mix and get a darker outcome. I actually now use this over f/ds I have that may be too dark and need some paling, and it works well in combination with that! Glad I can use it for something!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 4:23:00 PM More reviews by fechenwiesen

I bought this on QVC. I have been wearing it for about 6 weeks now, and am very happy. I am fairly light in BE and find that I don´t get powder settling into lines as BE does on me. I do find that this really just gives my skin a perfect look, it seems to cover small imperfections and seems to brighten my skin. I also find that my skin ( acne prone) is very happy with this foundation, no breakouts at all. I do need to touch up ( for shine) mid afternoon, but I have somewhat oily skin. I will be buying this again. The product came with a brush, which for me is useless. I use a mac powder brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sbilbao

LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
Covers great, evens out my skin tone. I dont even need to touch up through out the day. Does not make me look oily. YEAH!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by VMARTIN57

I've said that I would not buy this product again only because I've read so many reviews about the colours. I've recently tried BnB because the Clinique Almost Powder has now started to dry up on my skin. I'm pretty sure that BnB has similar ingredients but so far it has not had this effect on me. It goes on smoothly and makes my skin feel smooth but doesn't last all day as the Clinique one does. I've been fortunate in getting a pan that the colour is a good match for my skin but am not happy that I could buy another pan and for it to be totally different (as other reviewers have said). The jury's out on this one. Perhaps I will try Smashbox Halo next. x

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 8:39:00 AM More reviews by JCR1982

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this for touch up during the day but recently started using it instead of BE minerals as it is less faff!

It does require a touch up on me by mid day ish - it goes on first at 6am.

Its easy to use and if you get a compact with the right colour and even swirls then its really good. Wish you could choose which one you want though!!