December 21, 2014 | 997 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:25:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

This dried out my skin and caked up as time went by. I prefer sort of dewy semi matte foundations. I tried it out for a couple of days after that I put it to the side. About a couple of weeks ago I mixed this with another foundation that was really dark. And I gave it to my sister as a gift. It matched her skin really well. I think the formulae may work for her as well as she is a little more oilier than I am. The packaging was okay if it wasn't valet I could've dealt with the matte look by adding highlighter to get a dewy glow. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by AmalieOL

Looks supercaky at my skin, and the tecture is really strange...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Oliviadreamer98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would definitely buy this product again not only does it leave your skin feeling super soft it also lasts throughout the day and doesn't make me look shiny I think it's a great price for what you get obviously this is just my opinion for someone who suffers with oily skin I found this product done a lot of good, better than I thought it would be and a lot better than my previous foundation I would recommend it 100% again everybody is different so it may work for some people better than others (apply it with a brush less mess and you get a better finish) :) 100% satisfied!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 9:37:00 AM More reviews by amberoertel

I finally picked up the right shade of this foundation. I tried this foundation thinking I had picked up the right shade and I absolutely love it.
1.) it has amazing beautiful texture. It is literally so soft and smooth. And, it also has really good buildable coverage without being too heavy or looking cakey.
2.) It stays matte and doesn't leave me shiny a few hours into the day. This is amazing for me. Also it doesn't oxidize leaving my skin looking orange later on the day.
The only problem(s) I really have with this foundation is the price, and the packaging. I really don't like diggign my fingers into my foundation, because it kind of grosses me out. Also I bought this product at my ALCO store. So where this foundation is usually 7-8 dollars which is what I usually pay for foundation I paid nearly 10 dollars for it. Which was kind of shocking to me. I don't like spending a lot of money on makeup but I'm pretty sure I would spend 20 dollars for this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This foundation is so smooth that I can blend this and add more layers on top without it looking cakey. I moisturize even with my non stop hamburger greasy skin with a light face lotion because this does show my dry acne that's trying to heal at the moment. This foundation has light-medium coverage but enough to color correct. Without a good primer and setting powder to control my oil this does sluff off on my face because it's so fluffy. I still have no idea how to work with it. Once I put it on my skin I can blend it using a wedge sponge, my Ecotools BB Cream Brush or fingers just fine; it blends very fast so you're not there working it in like a liquid. Actually getting the product out of the jar before applying it to the face is so weird because of the consistency. I sometimes dab my sponge, brush or fingers into it; I have yet to scoop product out because I feel like that's so wasteful and would use too much at once. The packaging doesn't bother me because I'm lazy and have enough trouble finding products that cover up my terrible acne scarring on my jawline that it's the least of my worries. If I needed my makeup to last a long time or to wear for a fancy event I would skip this but on days wear I'm feeling lazy and don't want to spend a lot of time on my makeup I would reach for this. I already have my perfect foundation routine for a full coverage face but days where I'm casual but still need to look presentable to the outside world I would wear this. This foundation is so weird but I like it for lazy makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by VitaminMC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Possibly one of the worst foundations for my skin. I started getting really oily so I picked this up. The texture is strange. Definitely mousse like. I tried all my brushes to apply this and the only one that worked it my stipple brush. It also was VERY orange on my skin and seemed to oxidize during the day making it even darker. The finish was nice for the first hour or so and even setting it with powder it started setting into creases I didn't even know I had and getting super patchy. Caused some major breakouts and was just really hard to work with no matter what I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Milzj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A good foundation that feels very nice on the skin (acne-prone.) The packaging looks nice, but isn't very hygienic as it is in a jar, which is prone to dirty fingers being dipped in. It also has a very good colour; the only downsides are that it only lasts for 3 hours, & went cakey at this time, which disappointed me, as there are far better foundations out there for well under £8; I would buy this product again, but only if my current foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte) was unavailable.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lbunz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried many different brands of foundation, this foundation for it's matte finish, silky feel and glides onto your sin like peanut butter - honestly, that is my best analogy of it.
The smell I cant quite remember, but it smelt just like your average drugstore foundations, not like baby powder, but not quite like turpentine.
The packaging for me was the biggest downfall. With this product I felt the need to apply it with my fingers instead of dabbing a brush into the pot. I chose to do this because I found using a round foundation brush applied too much product and left me with nasty creases and product filled wrinkles. And someone my age shouldn't have any wrinkles! And because of the pot shape, I had to put a great amount of effort into using every minimal amount of it. Not fun!
I would not buy this product again because I found it to be too yellow toned for my skin colour. Although it was a silky and creamy feel, over hours it left my skin feeling flaky and dry and re-application of the product was needed to achieve my desired airbrushed look.
Great for the price, but not so great for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by britbritmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was very surprised how well this foundation worked with my skin. It didn't make me breakout (as far as I noticed). It does what it says! If you love a matte appearance, it's completely matte! I would use a powder with it, though. I did notice when I didn't wear a powder it would slide off my face and crease, A LOT. Hold off on putting too much on. In my opinion, a little goes a very long way with this foundation.

I do think you need to have great skin for this makeup, though. When I've had breakouts here and there, it didn't look so well. Not well for when my skin was dry. Literally, your skin has to be having a grand day for it to look it's complete best.

I am not fond of the packaging, at all. It's very messy. I don't like that I have to use my hangs in this scenario. It doesn't work well with a brush (at least not with me). Best applied with finger tips. At first, it's very different to apply it, because it sort of looks clumpy and meshed together, but once you start working it into your skin, it smoothes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by serenalovesbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing the thing that i loved about this product was it covers my acne and my acne scars.It did last all day i went out with my boyfriend for about 8 or 9 hours and it lasted the whole time.My skin reacted great it doesn't make me break out it's full coverage you couldn't even tell i had acne which I loved.The product smell wasn't to strong but it still had a smell too it i'm not really sure what it smelled like but to me it kinda smelled like sun block.The texture was fabulous it went on so smooth i could hardly tell I was even wearing any make up.Now lets talk about packaging the packaging is good its not to big and it's not to small you can take it on the go which is great but you honestly don't need to mine stayed for about 9 hours.I would buy this product again when i run out i can make it last about a month and a half I recently ran out and I did repurchase it.I'm totally loving this product. I recommend this product to anyone if you have acne or acne scars or anything you want to cover up this product is great for you. Well that's it if you have any questions just ask. Hope this helped.