April 16, 2014 | 1867 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl2

I tried this foundation simply because I was intrigued by its mousse formulation, this is a product that I would love to love, but unfortunately for maybelline I hate this product. I don't know if it's just me because this foundation was actually voted UK's no.1 foundation! This broke me out totally, it looks cakey and it's the formula that seems to be made out of oil. Foundations actually don't tend to break me out at all, this is actually the first experience of one that did.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Lalasmooch

This is the foundation I use more then anything else. If you have breakouts you need covered, the texture of this foundation does well. The coverage is build-able and There's a good variety of shades for every skin colour. I agree it can end up feeling flaky if your skin is dry, so I usually apply with a wet finger if my skin has any dry patches. Overall for a low cost drugstore foundation the matte moouse is pretty good, ESPECIALLY if you need fuller coverage.

Pros; covers breakouts well, long lasting, matte finish looks beautiful.
Cons: packaging isn't fantastic and an easy germ collector. Washing it off at the end of the day completely requires a good makeup remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2013 9:23:00 PM More reviews by mauisnj

Hate this foundation! If I could give it 0 Lippies, I would!

It gives me a weird orange color, the texture seems nice, until its goes on my face, then it's crumbly and dry. Where you can get it to blend, it settles in lines. Awful!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had the shade 020, it was very orange on me. My friends always told me that it looked like my face was tanned and my body wasn't haha. The coverage is pretty good, but you can also make it look very caky if you use too much product. I've a oily skin and this mousse kept me matte for 6 hours I would say. I like the finish it gave me but I wouldn't buy it again because I know that there are many other foundations that do a better job than this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I usually buy this about once every few years, I seem to always come back to it although it does have it's faults.

The lightest shade is actually quite light, when you get to 05 it turns very orange!
I have never actually finished a jar of this because it dries very quickly after opening and there's no going back it will crumble when you try to put it on.

I would not recommend if you have dry skin - stay well away! I have normal skin and even then it is quite drying, it does settle in lines, and cakes a bit on skin. But if you moisture and use a primer, you should be fine. Also with me and a few of my friends it causes spots on our forehead.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by AnneyD

The worst make-up product I have ever used. Apart from the unique mousse formula and soft texture I cannot find another good thing about this product. I have friends that continue to use this product but just cannot understand how! Perhaps this product may be good if you already have perfect skin, but if you dont it just makes everything look worse! It highlights ever dry patch/line/blemish and does not blend well with the skin at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Feels sooo nice and smooth going on, even feels cool on skin. The downside is you pretty much have to use the sponge, a brush won't get it done. I hate having to carry sponges with me, and I don't like having to reuse them. The coverage is okay, I need a powder after, which is fine since I always use a powder anyway...but this by itself doesn't do it for me. It doesn't last long at all...it had almost completely faded after 2 hours. Good to keep around for emergencies though. The feeling of putting it on is the best part.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by ls206816

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite drugstore foundation! This provides great quality and never broke me out! I use to have a lot of acne and this covered it fantastically and left my face looking very smooth. It's very easy to apply with fingers and I wouldn't suggest using a brush but a sponge might work. It's a very thick consistency but its a little airy. It's very good at controlling oiliness and keeping me matte. Although this product doesn't last that long for me it's not very expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Girlybunny13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Broke me out, small color selection,weird texture,made me look Orange HATED this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

You may be a bit confused when opening this product because it has a little bit of a spongy texture rather than a liquid. It works great as a foundation and also a concealer. I mostly use it as a concealer after applying my eyeshadow because it covers up all of my fallout which may have occurred and covers up some of the bags under my eyes. It has amazzzing coverage and I apply it with a cosmetics wedge sponge. A little of this product goes a very long way and has lasted me a pretty long time. I would definitely purchase it again as it can be used for several different purposes and is an awesome product!