November 23, 2014 | 2082 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by VitaminMC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Possibly one of the worst foundations for my skin. I started getting really oily so I picked this up. The texture is strange. Definitely mousse like. I tried all my brushes to apply this and the only one that worked it my stipple brush. It also was VERY orange on my skin and seemed to oxidize during the day making it even darker. The finish was nice for the first hour or so and even setting it with powder it started setting into creases I didn't even know I had and getting super patchy. Caused some major breakouts and was just really hard to work with no matter what I did.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 7:00:00 AM More reviews by Milzj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A good foundation that feels very nice on the skin (acne-prone.) The packaging looks nice, but isn't very hygienic as it is in a jar, which is prone to dirty fingers being dipped in. It also has a very good colour; the only downsides are that it only lasts for 3 hours, & went cakey at this time, which disappointed me, as there are far better foundations out there for well under £8; I would buy this product again, but only if my current foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte) was unavailable.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by lbunz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've tried many different brands of foundation, this foundation for it's matte finish, silky feel and glides onto your sin like peanut butter - honestly, that is my best analogy of it.
The smell I cant quite remember, but it smelt just like your average drugstore foundations, not like baby powder, but not quite like turpentine.
The packaging for me was the biggest downfall. With this product I felt the need to apply it with my fingers instead of dabbing a brush into the pot. I chose to do this because I found using a round foundation brush applied too much product and left me with nasty creases and product filled wrinkles. And someone my age shouldn't have any wrinkles! And because of the pot shape, I had to put a great amount of effort into using every minimal amount of it. Not fun!
I would not buy this product again because I found it to be too yellow toned for my skin colour. Although it was a silky and creamy feel, over hours it left my skin feeling flaky and dry and re-application of the product was needed to achieve my desired airbrushed look.
Great for the price, but not so great for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by britbritmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was very surprised how well this foundation worked with my skin. It didn't make me breakout (as far as I noticed). It does what it says! If you love a matte appearance, it's completely matte! I would use a powder with it, though. I did notice when I didn't wear a powder it would slide off my face and crease, A LOT. Hold off on putting too much on. In my opinion, a little goes a very long way with this foundation.

I do think you need to have great skin for this makeup, though. When I've had breakouts here and there, it didn't look so well. Not well for when my skin was dry. Literally, your skin has to be having a grand day for it to look it's complete best.

I am not fond of the packaging, at all. It's very messy. I don't like that I have to use my hangs in this scenario. It doesn't work well with a brush (at least not with me). Best applied with finger tips. At first, it's very different to apply it, because it sort of looks clumpy and meshed together, but once you start working it into your skin, it smoothes out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by serenalovesbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing the thing that i loved about this product was it covers my acne and my acne scars.It did last all day i went out with my boyfriend for about 8 or 9 hours and it lasted the whole time.My skin reacted great it doesn't make me break out it's full coverage you couldn't even tell i had acne which I loved.The product smell wasn't to strong but it still had a smell too it i'm not really sure what it smelled like but to me it kinda smelled like sun block.The texture was fabulous it went on so smooth i could hardly tell I was even wearing any make up.Now lets talk about packaging the packaging is good its not to big and it's not to small you can take it on the go which is great but you honestly don't need to mine stayed for about 9 hours.I would buy this product again when i run out i can make it last about a month and a half I recently ran out and I did repurchase it.I'm totally loving this product. I recommend this product to anyone if you have acne or acne scars or anything you want to cover up this product is great for you. Well that's it if you have any questions just ask. Hope this helped.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sexymama83

I bought this on a whim a while back ago and I wasn't impressed at all, the texture is strange and it made my face look orange so I set it aside and didn't touch again until recently when I ran out of my eye primer, so I thought well anything is better than nothing and I am wowed my eyeshadow stays on all day! This stuff works better than my primer a little goes a long way and since it is used for my eyes alone it will last me a while which is great cause it is a bit pricy but I will definitely re buy for that reason alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:14:00 PM More reviews by jennaryan10

This product gave my skin such a nice soft finish. I bought it on a whim and loved it. The texture is nice. I find it gives me great coverage and a smooth finish. It was fairly easy to find a color to match my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by qhqy

I heard rave reviews for this product and decide to pick it up. I thought this product was alright for coverage but probably not the best for dry skin. The finish enhances the dry flakes on your face- I won't be repurchasing solely cause of this. The packaging didn't bother me too much.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:11:00 PM More reviews by Missilery

I bought this foundation because I paled out with the cold weather, making my bare minerals foundation too dark. At first I was skeptical when I got it home, but was pleasantly surprised after trying it. The coverage was good, I tend to need to stipple on extra where I have breakouts. It blends well with blush and bronzer. I don't have the patchiness others have experienced, but I always moisturize before applying my makeup. Setting it with my mineral veil bare minerals powder leaves everything in place all day. The only complaint I have is that since I use my fingertips to apply it, my concealer tends to not hold in place on my more visible breakouts. I thought maybe this was just the concealer, but even after changing to a different brand I still experience this. I'll most likely end up buying this again next winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 11:04:00 PM More reviews by smcrowe155

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation for my oily skin. I don't even need concealer! The coverage is amazing and flawless. I use a elf stippling brush and then blend a little with a flat top brush. I love it so much I switched from the revlon color stay that everyone raves about. This is my new go to for sure!