October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by valom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

before i bought this cover stick i had a wet n wild one but there wasnt a huge difference. This cover stick goes on fairly well but when it comes to blendind it in it really sucks cause i have to rub kinda hard( i always use my fingers for this step)im scared to much tugging will make my eyes saggy. I try to use this as a illuminator for under my eyes and under my brow, i use it lightly.Yes it can get cakey if you apply it like lipstick under ur eyes.I make small taps under my eye and then blend it in.to make it a bit easier on my eyes is i try to mix it with very little lottion,tinned moisterizer or even foundation to make it more creamy and easy to go on.its really dry and i dont want to buy it again for that reason, it does lighten my dark-circles but i dont want to pay in the long run with streching my under eyes tomuch and again getting saggy bags.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I simultaneously purchased both this concealer and the Covergirl CG Smoothers Concealer strictly for comparison, since both of these concealers are very similar in function and appearance.
I found that this is a really good concealer; I actually like this one better than Smoothers.
While Smoothers only comes in 6 shades, this one comes in 8 shades that really vary. (I like how it comes in a yellow and a green for correcting dark circles and redness.) I'm NC30 with strong yellow undertones and Medium Beige is a really good match. It's actually yellow-based, unlike Smoothers, which only comes in really pink shades.
The consistency of this concealer is really creamy and smooth, just like Smoothers is. Its creaminess allows for easy application and blending. I find that applying with my ring finger works best. Just gently pat it on, and blend blend blend. You don't need to use a concealer brush. You don't even need to set it with a powder.
The coverage is the same as Smoother's coverage. They both give medium-to-full coverage, which is sufficient to cover up most of my dark acne marks (the main reason why I wanted a concealer in the first place was to cover up my marks). It doesn't cover up my most prominent marks, but it does a good job of making them less prominent. I find that Smoothers settles into the fine lines under my eyes more than this one does. This concealer settles into fine lines too, but not as much as Smoothers. It does cover up the dark circles, however because it settles into fine lines, it's not really that good for dark circles.
The price was $5 at Rite Aid, which is an awesome deal! Totally worth it!

REASONS WHY I LIKE THIS BETTER THAN COVERGIRL CG SMOOTHERS CONCEALER:
-Available in more shades.
-Available in correcting shades, like yellow and green.
-It's cheaper.
-It's actually yellow-based, not totally pink.
-Comes with more product.

Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by schwabj

I wear this concealer in 02 Light Beige/Ivory, and it is great for covering up acne, acne scars/marks, and red discoloration. I wouldn't recommend this concealer for dry skin, since it can look cakey on dry patches. However, on combination to oily skin, it covers well, is water-proof, and non-comogenic. It's very important for me to have a concealer that doesn't break me out, and this concealer definitely succeeds on that front. I like to apply it with a concealer brush first, than blend it in with my fingers or a make-up sponge. Though it has good coverage, I don't prefer using this to cover under eye circles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this concealer! I use this on my undereye circles, and I've been going back to this for years now.
A little trick I have for covering pretty intense dark circles is to apply a layer of the yellow stick of concealer first, and then apply the skin-toned one on top.
The reason I love this concealer for my eyes is because it's thick and creamy. My dark circles are pretty insanely dark, and a thin little fluid concealer isn't going to do much for them. I need something more heavy-duty. If you have minor darkness around your eyes, you could probably get away with a lighter-weight concealer. But if you're like me, this is the way to go.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Doesn't blend well and looks obvious and orange against my skin. And the finish is kind of...chalk looking. I can't think of another description.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Uglyashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No. Just no. Too cakey, weird smell, poorly manufactured, and it requires so much work to even out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. Its probably not good for very dry or very oily skin, but I'm neither of those so this works for me. I've bought it for years. Its a great concealer for touch ups during the day. I really don't expect most of my makeup to last all day except for liner and mascara. What has to be inside something when it sits on your face and doesn't budge through the days activities?

Right now I'm using MAC Studio Fix, but when I run out I'm going back to this concealer stick.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by umitsanita

just no.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by thetrueblue

This product sucks (no offense). It looks really horrible on, settles into lines, etc. Blends horribly. Don't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is ok, not the best one I've tried. It has a tendency to look cakey, which I really don't like. Also, it doesn't completely cover my breakouts. I don't like the applicator b/c it seems unsanitary (unless you put it on the back of your hand first) doesn't blend that well, either. I would buy this again in a pinch if I needed something convenient...other than that, not the best product.