November 28, 2014 | 1770 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 2:02:00 AM More reviews by slyrivkah

I purchased this for my under eye circles when I forgot to wear makeup to work one day. It looked terrible and pulled at my skin. Perhaps it's okay for pimples, but not for under eye circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup17

Pros:
-Good for even the lightest skin (like mine!)
-Layers well with powder
Cons
-Doesn't cover red marks well
-Looks fake-y under eyes
-Doesn't blend well
-Never fully dries!
This is an okay concealer, but several things about it bother me. It never fully covers red marks, looks awful under eyes, is hard to blend, and worst of all, stays kind of dewy all day, it never really dries! That means if you apply it underneath your eyes, when you blink, your mascara rubs off underneath your eyes! Ugh! My personal favorite it the Revlon Photoready concealer in a stick like this one. It blends well and dries, for heaven's sake!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Rosie125

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love concealers and I absolutely love this concealer. I really like the packaging, it is so convenient and easy to take with you. I wish there was more product but for the price I will continue to buy it. It has really nice coverage and blends easily.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by BrainSlushee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The product does not conceal very well. it does not even out the skin tone as much as Maybelline Super Stay conealer does.

It does get rid of redness, but it does leave too much of a green tinge even if a medium to full liquid foundation is over it and if it is then set with a powder.

However, the formula feels very smooth and it is easy (maybe a little TOO easy) to blend out.

I do not recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 1:09:00 PM More reviews by MSkyeG13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this stick but in green (there wasn't a place to review it in that color). I find that it doesn't really conceal but it does get rid of a lot of the redness. For people who find that the yellow one turns their skin orange, I suggest using the green one:) I would buy it again but it isn't my favorite because I have to use two concealers. This one for redness and another one to make it blend in with my skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 6:57:00 AM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I panic bought this on the morning of my best friend's wedding (hello giant spot - grr) having bought the utterly fabulous YSL concealer in a slightly too dark shade, damn that fake shop lighting! So i needed a lighter concealer to mix to bring the colour of the YSL down a shade/half a shade. I bought this Maybelline stick in the "ivory" shade.

Yes, it is very thick and the stick formulation makes it awkward to apply with a brush (my chosen method), I need to depot it really to get the best out of it, i think. It does need warming first before application, but I did that anyway as I blended the 2 colours on the back of my hand.

I found that the staying power of this concealer was fine but I used it in conjunction with the YSL (probably a mix of around 70/30 with a lower ratio of maybelline) and set it with Clinique loose powder, so it's impossible to say truly what the staying power would have been without the YSL.

Would I buy again ? No. I'll buy the 01 in the YSL as I love the creamy, easy to work with formulation and blend the shadeI need (a hybrid of the 01 & 02 of YSL). I am around NC20 skintone, possible a teeny bit lighter

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by siobhan9705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It covers well, but it broke the second day I used it (the makeup stick broke, it's still ok to use, but it's broken inside the tube which is a little annoying)

It goes on really thick and dry, you have to rub it onto your hand and warm it up before applying it to your face or it's just way to thick and hard to blend in.

Ya, it's not that great.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2012 3:28:00 AM More reviews by valom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

before i bought this cover stick i had a wet n wild one but there wasnt a huge difference. This cover stick goes on fairly well but when it comes to blendind it in it really sucks cause i have to rub kinda hard( i always use my fingers for this step)im scared to much tugging will make my eyes saggy. I try to use this as a illuminator for under my eyes and under my brow, i use it lightly.Yes it can get cakey if you apply it like lipstick under ur eyes.I make small taps under my eye and then blend it in.to make it a bit easier on my eyes is i try to mix it with very little lottion,tinned moisterizer or even foundation to make it more creamy and easy to go on.its really dry and i dont want to buy it again for that reason, it does lighten my dark-circles but i dont want to pay in the long run with streching my under eyes tomuch and again getting saggy bags.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I simultaneously purchased both this concealer and the Covergirl CG Smoothers Concealer strictly for comparison, since both of these concealers are very similar in function and appearance.
I found that this is a really good concealer; I actually like this one better than Smoothers.
While Smoothers only comes in 6 shades, this one comes in 8 shades that really vary. (I like how it comes in a yellow and a green for correcting dark circles and redness.) I'm NC30 with strong yellow undertones and Medium Beige is a really good match. It's actually yellow-based, unlike Smoothers, which only comes in really pink shades.
The consistency of this concealer is really creamy and smooth, just like Smoothers is. Its creaminess allows for easy application and blending. I find that applying with my ring finger works best. Just gently pat it on, and blend blend blend. You don't need to use a concealer brush. You don't even need to set it with a powder.
The coverage is the same as Smoother's coverage. They both give medium-to-full coverage, which is sufficient to cover up most of my dark acne marks (the main reason why I wanted a concealer in the first place was to cover up my marks). It doesn't cover up my most prominent marks, but it does a good job of making them less prominent. I find that Smoothers settles into the fine lines under my eyes more than this one does. This concealer settles into fine lines too, but not as much as Smoothers. It does cover up the dark circles, however because it settles into fine lines, it's not really that good for dark circles.
The price was $5 at Rite Aid, which is an awesome deal! Totally worth it!

REASONS WHY I LIKE THIS BETTER THAN COVERGIRL CG SMOOTHERS CONCEALER:
-Available in more shades.
-Available in correcting shades, like yellow and green.
-It's cheaper.
-It's actually yellow-based, not totally pink.
-Comes with more product.

Would I repurchase? Yes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:38:00 AM More reviews by schwabj

I wear this concealer in 02 Light Beige/Ivory, and it is great for covering up acne, acne scars/marks, and red discoloration. I wouldn't recommend this concealer for dry skin, since it can look cakey on dry patches. However, on combination to oily skin, it covers well, is water-proof, and non-comogenic. It's very important for me to have a concealer that doesn't break me out, and this concealer definitely succeeds on that front. I like to apply it with a concealer brush first, than blend it in with my fingers or a make-up sponge. Though it has good coverage, I don't prefer using this to cover under eye circles.