September 2, 2014 | 953 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this concealer! I use this on my undereye circles, and I've been going back to this for years now.
A little trick I have for covering pretty intense dark circles is to apply a layer of the yellow stick of concealer first, and then apply the skin-toned one on top.
The reason I love this concealer for my eyes is because it's thick and creamy. My dark circles are pretty insanely dark, and a thin little fluid concealer isn't going to do much for them. I need something more heavy-duty. If you have minor darkness around your eyes, you could probably get away with a lighter-weight concealer. But if you're like me, this is the way to go.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Whiteday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Doesn't blend well and looks obvious and orange against my skin. And the finish is kind of...chalk looking. I can't think of another description.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Uglyashley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

No. Just no. Too cakey, weird smell, poorly manufactured, and it requires so much work to even out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this concealer. Its probably not good for very dry or very oily skin, but I'm neither of those so this works for me. I've bought it for years. Its a great concealer for touch ups during the day. I really don't expect most of my makeup to last all day except for liner and mascara. What has to be inside something when it sits on your face and doesn't budge through the days activities?

Right now I'm using MAC Studio Fix, but when I run out I'm going back to this concealer stick.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/21/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by umitsanita

just no.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by thetrueblue

This product sucks (no offense). It looks really horrible on, settles into lines, etc. Blends horribly. Don't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This concealer is ok, not the best one I've tried. It has a tendency to look cakey, which I really don't like. Also, it doesn't completely cover my breakouts. I don't like the applicator b/c it seems unsanitary (unless you put it on the back of your hand first) doesn't blend that well, either. I would buy this again in a pinch if I needed something convenient...other than that, not the best product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by elliemayr

The green cover stick packaging does not give the consumer information on it's pyrpose. Having recently purchased & used this once for dark circles under the eyes I found it didn't work. In going to Maybelline's web site, I discovered the green concealor is for covering up red spots. I then checked the packaging again (I looked before buying) and no where was there information on what the product is best used for. I love Maybelline products, have used them over the years and am disappointed in the omission of this product information. I will try returning the green and hopefully get the yellow in exchange which according to the web site is for concealing dark circles. I also plan on calling Maybellline to give them this information.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by fishynumber2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG concealer. I've tried allllllLL kinds of concealers, high end or drug store or whatever, to cover up my dark circles. I am done looking.

This is almost exactly like Boi-Ing by Benefit, only I like the Maybelline one more because it's smoother and applies more evenly (Boi-Ing ends up with a grainy texture on me), and of course because it's cheaper!

This is also great because it's pretty well waterproof and it doesn't crease and form fine lines under my eyes, and I put it on THICK.

The secret I've found is to use an applicator sponge to gentry press a layer of translucent powder over the top of it, after applying the concealer with dabs of my finger. I'll even use a lot of translucent powder to set it and it won't crease throughout the day. Don't bother trying to use a brush to apply powder- you'll streak and scrape the concealer around, plus it won't set as well!

The medium-beige color is the best for me. It has never broken me out and I've used it liberally in lots of places on my face.

No one ever knows I secretly have dark under-eye circles thanks to this baby! I'm sold!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Jennyy143

this product is really bad. it has a strong smell of mint and when i swatched it on my hand it made my skin itchy and red. =/ i do not recommend it !