April 24, 2014 | 929 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:44:00 PM More reviews by Mcnguyen

Very thick and doesn't do well for dry skin. Fades during the day and sinks into creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by surf222

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I used to use the Bobbi Brown cream eyeshadow in Navajo underneath a powder eyeshadow but since then Bobbi has discontinued it. I needed something to replace it so I decided to purchase Glacier(see my other review) about this color. Anyway, Glacier did not work so I brought it back and decided to get Bone. However, Bone was out of stock. So the MA told me I would be better off using a concealer as an eye primer and save myself the $ (I did not like the UD primer) . She also said Bobbi did not intend to make these eyeshadows to use as primers but whatever. So, I took her advice and went to my local Target. I decided to purchase Maybelline Cover Up stick in Ivory. Let me tell you she was right! I would have never guessed to do this but it works just as well as her cream eyeshadows! The color Ivory looks just like Bone on my lid except I saved myself about $18.00!! Now, I don't know how it work in the summer heat but for now this is such an awesome product. Also, I use my fingers to apply it and sometimes alternate it with the Bobbi Brown cream brush.

ivory

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by nytterai

This is my general go to concealer. Although many claim it's too dry, since I live in warm climate, I can deal with it with no problem. It glides on smoothly. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with oily skin, specially if they are considering to use it as an under eye concealer. It covers blemishes flawlessly. The price is great and I think it's a great concealer for anyone who is just getting started with make up. The onyl flaw for me, is that since it's cramy the stick may break inside the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ClaudiaAngelina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have the green corrector concealer stick... it breaks me out incredibly bad and it doesn't spread well. It is cakey and hard to cover the green tone

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by inhyeo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Ivory and found it too light and too pink for my skin tone. Moreover, this isn't really suitable for dry skin because it looks very cakey on any dry patches, and trying to blend it out results in it just rubbing off, meaning that any blemishes aren't being concealed anymore.

I've figured out a way to use it on dry skin: swipe some on the back of your hand, wait for it to warm up a bit, then mix with a little bit of the foundation/BB cream you're using (the tiniest little blob is enough). This will give you a much better consistency and make it easier to apply and blend. It's also a far better match for me that way. However, it still means that I can't get optimal coverage from this product. I just layer it on top of my foundation, so it works on blemishes that are already fading but still look bad if you don't cover them up. Wouldn't work on anything serious, though.

Overall, not the best concealer. I'm keeping it, but only because I don't need as much coverage anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 3:03:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This used to be my favorite concealer. It wasn't the most natural, it was a bittt waxy but! It had been a lot better than covergirl or almay, so it was wonderful to me. It doesn't have the longest staying power, but it would last about 5-6hrs. The color fades little by little. Application is easy. I would just use my fingers. Glamoflauge by Hard Candy is better tho, it's my favorite one. It can cover up my scars & it even covers up tattoos.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/25/2011 5:49:00 PM More reviews by ihartchanel

i was looking around for a concealer to cover minor blemishes and such, so i picked this up in medium beige at target for $4.99. i thought it was pretty great at first, then i noticed a while after application, it settled into creases. it's pretty darn bad. i also noticed it has a really unnatural-looking powdery look that just would not blend in. and the packaging really pissed me off, just really weird and flimsy. would not repurchase definitely.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by snodog16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very inexpensive, but the product is cheap in quality. It's kind of oily and didn't sit well on my skin. I also found it difficult to blend and I couldn't wear it without having to use a powder over it. I found it settled into the crease and into fine lines (I mean super fine lines that weren't even visible until I used this product-I'm only twenty). I have acne-prone skin, and though this product never irritated my breakouts or cause any, it never stayed in place, with that said, I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2011 9:45:00 AM More reviews by ErvaSand

This product will suit skin troubled by redness and acne. If you need something quickly, something that can be bought at a drug store, or something that is inexpensive, I do recommend this product. It will serve in a pinch and is probably something that would be handy whether you have chronic skin problems or not.

However, it absolutely will not apply well to dry and flakey skin and will only serve to exacerbate the appearance of this. This concealer is not ideal for skin that is combination, like mine. I have alternately dry or oily skin, and this concealer will amplify whichever one I am on a particular day.

To combat the oily/waxy appearance of this product I overlay with power. When exceedingly dry-looking and flakey, there is nothing much that can be done except find ways to moisturize your skin when not wearing product or wait for your skin to produce oil which will mitigate the appearance.

A little bit of sweat will even out the thickness of this, so over the course of a day the concealer will eventually blend itself. I have found that this concealer will in fact last all day. Eventually, though, the oiliness will become gross, so do not wear for more than the course of a day and do not wear to bed.

This dry-to-oily dance is probably not good for acne prone skin, but neither will this concealer actively cause breakouts. It is possible to use this and improve your skin simultaneously (although for some people NO makeup is the best course and you should let your skin heal itself in the open air as much as possible).

I have swum wearing this product and taken a shower wearing this product. Water droplets will not make you look like you are wearing makeup and for the most part, if you do not put too much water on this or rub it, it will maintain coverage. One con is that the concealer will come off on clothing/fingers if you rub or touch your skin. Powder helps with this (although be careful when applying because, as I said, the concealer will rub off).

The particular stick I own makes me look pale, and does not match the skin on my wrist, but at the same time is pretty much the right color and will not actively embarrass you by being super obvious if you choose wisely and apply carefully.

In the winter my face gets red in the cold, and flushes when I am hot in the summer. The discrepancy between my skin and the concealer when this happens is EXTREMELY obvious. I mention this because this is not the kind of product to use all over your face. The waxy consistency makes it very difficult to spread over the whole face without using a lot, which will only make you appear to be slathered in clay. If you combine this with some kind of foundation, or if your skin stays the same no matter what you are doing, you shouldn't have this problem. If your face flushes, you might use caution when applying this product.

If you have pimples (on the large side), this concealer will not stay on them and will cling to any spot where your skin is not perfectly smooth and hydrated. It is good for redness, though. It will take repeated application (3-4) of this concealer on a particular blemish to minimize the appearance (*because* it requires hand application, even though touching this product will remove it from your skin. Therefore getting it right can be tricky and frustrating). It will not make it "disappear" completely.

This is far from perfect, but it WILL do what it is supposed to without having an extortionist price. If the product you currently have is not working, and you can't find anything else with reliable reviews, trying this will not be a complete waste of time or money. If you have bad skin (to the point where you never go without make up in public) it will not be the best choice but it will not be the worst, either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by atroquinine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product in green is the best DS product I've tried for redness. It is excellent for correcting since it doesn't require a lot of buildup and doesn't look too green afterwards. I can sometimes go without foundation after using this, even, since you can blend it out, but it looks best under foundation obviously. Would definitely buy again in green.

This product is definitely not the best for under eye circles though since it can look waxy if you need a lot of coverage. Wouldn't buy it for that.