Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Dipropylene Glycol, Poloxamer 182, Allantoin, Tripotassium EDTA, Benzalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cucumber Fruit Extract (Cucumis Sativus), Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate.

I received this product for Christmas in a Neutrogena kit and I only started using it a few months later. I'm really glad I did because up until then I was removing my makeup with solely a foaming cleanser. Yet now, I use this product to remove my eye makeup, and the cleanser for the rest of my face. It works really well to remove mascara, eye liner and eye shadow. I always use a tissue and dab at my eyes until it's all gone. It really removes everything, even waterproof eye makeup, even though it takes a bit more effort. Definitely will keep purchasing!

on 7/23/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I love these types of makeup removers because they actually take off all my makeup, especially waterproof mascara. It is really easy to use, you shake it, pour it into a cotton swab (or something similar) and they you remove your makeup! Although after removing makeup, remember to moisturize immediately because this drys out your skin so quickly.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Great cheap eye-makeup remover. I've been using this for years, and it takes off absolutely EVERYTHING, even the Milani Infinite liquid eyeliner (and as the MUA reviews for that product will tell you, that stuff is HARD to get off). Sometimes leaves a little residue, but I always follow remover with water + cleanser so that does not bother me at all. Great product!

on 7/19/2013 4:40:00 AM

was looking for a product close to Mary Kay s eye makeup remover.this is it. I have to say the ONLY difference this will burn the crap out of your eyes. also is a little greasy.

on 7/15/2013 12:09:00 AM

I switched to this because my Sonia Kashuk eye makeup remover was a lot pricier. Honestly, that one does a slightly better job at removing stubborn mascara but they are both pretty good. This removes everything, even waterproof mascara and lip stains and does a very good job. The price is reasonable and that's why I stick with it. Also, the generic version at Target is pretty much the same as this one. Don't forget to shake it up before using it. In order to remove mascara, you have to apply some to a cotton ball and kind of lay it in top of your eye for a little bit until your eyelashes soak it up. Doesn't sting my eyes or irritate my contacts, which is a plus. This is a beauty staple for me.

I know it says oil-free, but it feels really oily.
It doesn't do a good a job as Rimmel's.
The price is is great, because it's cheap, but Rimmel's is cheaper and it does a better job.
The mouth of the product it so huge, i always get more product than I need on my cotton pad or swab.

on 7/11/2013 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

This product removes all of my eye makeup like a champ, even my stubborn Bobby Brown long-wear eye pencil! No dark shadows remain, and my eyes are left looking fresh, like I had never applied makeup. It does leave an oily residue (even though it's oil-free) but it doesn't burn and rinses away quickly. A definite repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this out of curiosity as both my Lancome Bi-Facial and Clinique Take the Day Off were running low. I tested this against the two on different nights and this performs very similarly to the 2 higher end removers I had. I had to take a lippie off because this does struggle a little with removing waterproof mascara compared to the other two but provided it's not waterproof, this removes makeup just as easily. I wear Bobbi Brown corrector, Nars Concealer, any brand eyeliner and Kiss Me Heroine Mascara as well as a Nars eye makeup primer and this got all but the mascara off after I held the pad against my eye for 10-20 seconds while using a gentle massaging motion. The mascara had bits and pieces come off on the pad but I had to go in again with the clean side of the pad to fully get it off.
For the price, this is a great product.

on 7/8/2013 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm finishing up my third bottle of this product and I'm about to buy another one. It takes a bit of work to get off mascara and leaves oily residue-but that can usually be fixed by splashing some water on your eyes. It gets the job done and I probably won't be changing to another makeup remover for a while.

on 6/12/2013 3:44:00 AM

This is one of the best eye makeup removers you can conveniently find in drugstores/supermarkets for around $6-9. It's well priced, oil-free, easily removes (and claims to remove waterproof makeup) and the ingredients are gentle to the eye. (I'm actually pleasantly surprised that Aloe Vera juice is the fourth ingredient)

Effectiveness:
I played with some Maybelline Color Tattoos and layered them on kind of thickly, and used a waterproof gel liner (Essence). When it came time to remove the makeup I wet a cotton pad with this remover and held it to my eye for a few seconds and lifted the pad off. Almost of all the cream shadow and most of the gel liner came off with no rubbing at all, but to get the rest off I did have to wipe those areas a bit. No harsh rubbing needed and it did not irritate my eye at all. I haven't tested it with waterproof mascara, but waterproof mascara is usually troublesome to remove no matter what.

Residue:
There is not much noticeable residue if you don't use too much. This is supposed to be oil-free, and looking at the ingredients it really is, but it still has a slippery feeling to it. This probably do to the Cyclopentasiloxane and Cyclohexasiloxane in it as those are liquid silicones. Just splash your closed eye with water if you feel any residue and the slippery feeling is gone.

Packaging:
Plastic bottle with simple screw off cap. You have to shake the product before use to combine the layers every time. What I don't like is how the packaging is too simple, it doesn't come with the kind of cap that flips up and dispenses product through a smaller hole. The wide mouth of the bottle makes it too easy to accidentally pour too much out.

I would repurchase once I'm out. Before I'd use drops of olive oil to rub eye makeup off and it worked great but left me oil lids that I'd have to wash off with a cleanser right away. Sometimes the oil would even somehow seep into my eye and make my eyes blurry. Oil was cheap and easy to use as a remover but I feel removers are far more convenient for me.