November 25, 2014 | 1755 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 9:55:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was part of my mom's recent surprise gift to me: a bunch of her perfumes from the '80s and '90s that she no longer wears (having moved on to Philosophy stuff, which to me all smells like soap). I have diverse tastes in fragrance and can handle a scent with "presence," so I braved it and sprayed on the bottle of Tresor parfum (not EDP!) she handed me. Wowza. I finally figured out what this scent reminds me of: old-fashioned face powder, back when they used to heavily scent face powder. My spritz of Tresor made me feel like I was a '50s dame touching up my matte red lips in a car mirror, with a cinch-waisted pink crinoline dress and a matching scarf and sunglasses. Almost hyper-girlie. Soft, yes, but not subtle. I will wear this very lightly when I'm feeling my powdery-pink-glamour vibe, but not a favorite.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 11:53:00 PM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has been my favourite perfume since I was a little girl. I always have a bottle and try to keep it's use to occasions since it's not exactly cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2008 1:21:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The absolutely perfect perfume that should stand along side Chanel No. 5 as a classic. It is a bit on the pricey side and the packaging could be a bit more modern, but I guess that is part of its charm. I truly adore this perfume from my teenage years to my not-so-teenage years and will continue to so for years to come.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Refika

My mother used to wear this when I was in my early teens and I used to borrow some every once in a while. When I thought of buying something for my mother in law, this immediately came to me as a perfect mom fragrance. She loved it. I love it too, though it's not a head over heels type of love...We are just great friends :)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by theramenninja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

TRESOR = TERRIFYING. this fragrance is truly DISGUSTING. my mom uses this perfume and it smells like straight up rubbing alcohol. another reviewer compared it to "ROTTING FRUIT NEXT TO AN OPEN WOUND" and that description pretty much dead on. Tresor has a biting, choking, and offensive smell, my mother used to apply it while we were in the car and my eyes would water and my throat would close up even though i sat all the way in the back seat! VERY STRONG SMELL. fruity and spicy it burns my nose. offensive, and it lingers and lasts and stinks... i couldn't see how men would like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by wontonwendy

mmm this scent sparks some memories
its a nice scent but it seems a bit too old fashioned?
the amber colour kinda pus me off
reminds me of whiskey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by rnornan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wrote that I would not buy this again, but the truth is, I've been duped by this before, most likely because Kate Winslet has since become the spokesmodel for this scent. And I do love her. The scent itself is great...but far too strong for me. It teeters on artificial and synthetic (i am reviewing the Elixir which is more concentrated than edt) and it's got a sharp edge which when freshly sprayed is nearly more than I can stand. It does soften quite a bit but I find that despite its intial shock value (I do love the uniqueness of the apricots) it dries down to something very soft and not noticeable. How odd. It changes little from first spray to drydown (minus the harsh factor).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

IMO, its a close to perfect fragrance.
My mom used to wear this perfume when I was a little girl and I absolutely hated it and I even remember even expressing to her how much I disliked how she smelled whenever she wore this perfume. Fast forward about 15 years and I receive a sample of Tresor at the Lancome counter. I decided to try the sample even though I had a negative preconception about the fragrance. It completely blew my mind how good this smelled. I love the fruitiness at first and then the flowery musk that stays behind. I cannot keep from smelling my wrist throughout the day whenever I wear this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by springchick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a lovely warm peach -rose - amber fragrance, but I wish it was a bit more complex and long lasting . I have the edp - and while I do find it almost too strong initially, I find that it just doesn't last as long as I wish and would expect from this type of strong floriental. Very comforting. As an interesting aside for fans of this fragrance, this is pretty similar to fragonard "lune de miel" , at least the solid perfume version which I own.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2008 7:03:00 PM More reviews by juad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It doesn't move me. Too popular, too polite, dull scent of apricot/plum compote with rose petals floating on the surface. "Flabby", without a skeleton.