October 2, 2014 | 1734 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by WildeHeart2105

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had absolutely HORRID skin as a teenager (am 24 now) - would constantly break out and tried everything to help it. Nothing worked of course, and finally I just gave up and quit washing my face constantly and putting on various creams/acne treatments and just started using these once a day. Within a few weeks my skin cleared up and I've been using them for 5 years now and only break out once a month. I LOVE this product!!! It cleanses without drying and I'm convinced it definitely helped clear up my acne for good. I also use Olay active hydrating beauty fluid to moisturize when I feel it's necessary (about every other day).
I do wish that the packages sealed better...they tend to dry out fairly quickly...but that is a minor complaint compared to what they have done for my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by krista1

Took off my heavy mineral foundation great! I definately reccomend this. Though it did leave my dry skin feeling alittle tight, but my face wash will help that.

and it took off a teensy bit of my wp mascara but had to use something else after.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

the only makeup remover that didn't burn my face!:) it also has green tea!:) but i 'm looking for something a little more natural. :( it did remove mascara well tho!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

Ponds Clean Sweep Cleansing & Make-Up Removing Towelettes, a.k.a., "Original Clean Wet Cleansing Towelettes"

Product - These pre-moistened facial cloths do a great job removing facial makeup and eye makeup. Even removes stubborn gel liners like MAC Fluidlines and BB gel liners. It takes a bit more effort to remove waterproof mascara, so to protect the delicate eye area you should use something specifically for wp mascara. The towelettes have a quilted diamond pattern; it's not rough to the touch but it's textured enough to grab everything off your face in a couple of sweeps. Moist and saturated but not overly wet, either. Leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed with no icky residue. Has a faint aroma which does not linger. These also work great for removing sunscreen from your face or other parts of the body (I use them after I go biking sometimes). The individual towelettes are bigger than my hand, so they're perfect for a full-face wiping motion.

Packaging - Handy pack with resealable flap opening keeps towelettes moist; I keep a travel pack in the car and and it's stayed moist for well over a year now. In fact, I haven't had a pack dry out yet, except one that I didnt close properly and left in the car one summer. There is a vanity dispenser box available also, just drop the pack in, remove the resealable flap, and re-attach the box lid; the lid does not seem particularly secure but it works well enough to keep mine from drying out, even in our low humidity climate.

Price - About $5-6 for a 30-pack. Also comes in an age-defying version and exfoliating ("microdermabrasion") version.

Overall - A big fat RAVE! In my arsenal of bath and skincare products, the real keepers are the ones my husband uses and likes - and this one passes the test with flying colors. I think he uses them even more than I do! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by mangoo

By far the best makeup removing towelette I have tried, I am in love with these! They come in plastic packaging with a sticker sealing the opening, so it is important to close this tightly afterwards or they may dry out. They are just the right size for my entire face and make my skin feel refreshed yet not too dry. They are slightly textured to grasp dirt, oil and makeup. As far as their makeup removing abilities, I would say they remove most of my makeup easily, but require more effort to take off my waterproof mascara. The towelettes are lightly scented and are gentle on my eyes. (contact lens wearer) I store these upside down so that the one I reach for is thoroughly coated in the solution. Must stock up on these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ashmiaka

this is a review for the clean sweep original clean wet cleansing towelettes.

out of all the "name brand" makeup remover towelettes, this is probably my favorite. it removes all my eye and face makeup without leaving behind any sort of residue. it also doesn't sting my eyes when i get too close trying to take off my eyeliner (big big plus). i do have to mention though, that i'm NOT a foundation wearer or a waterproof mascara wearer... but i do wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, non-wp mascara, blush / bronzer.... so i can't speak to if it removes ALL makeup, just makeup i wear. my face feels really clean after using this... so much that i can probably get away without washing my face with my regular facial cleanser. will i buy again? YES!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2008 11:46:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 3

Packaging: 2

Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------

I am a 20-something asian female with freckles and combination/acne-prone skin. My skin tends to get dehydrated easily when using foaming/gel cleansers, but oily at the end of the day.

First, the packaging: these cloths come in packs of 30 in the standard plastic baggies with sticker closures. At Wal-Mart they are often 2-for-1, so the price of $6.50 isn't bad for 60 wipes. I, however, purchased mine at the drugstore for close to $10. The packaging has its pros and cons-- it's good because the hard plastic case that some wipes come in take a lot of space, but they also keep the moisture in better. I've taken to storing my pack in a ziploc bag to prevent the cloths from drying out, as the sticker closure gets less sticky over time.

Price: As I've mentioned, Wal-Mart is probably the best place to get these, as you can get 2 packs for $6.50. I bought mine at the drugstore for considerably more, so depending on where you buy these, they may or may not be an economical choice for you.

The wipes themselves are pleasant to use. They are moist enough where I don't feel like I have to scrub hard at my face to be effective. They have a quilt pattern on them to give them texture so that they are slightly exfoliating. I find that they remove my daily makeup (CG pocket powder) very well, and leave my skin feeling fresh and clean, as if I actually washed at the sink. They don't leave any sticky residue behind either, which is great. I will say that it doesn't do a thorough job of removing all traces of eye makeup though-- I only wear waterproof eyeliner pencil, and it takes a couple of swipes to remove some, but even in the morning, I'll find more that has smudged on my eyes.

I do not have a problem with breakouts when I use these cloths, and I absolutely love the convenience of not needing to bend over a sink to wash my face. I use these at night to remove makeup, and when I wake up in the morning to remove my night moisturizer and nightly oil buildup. My skin seems more balanced because I'm not overly drying my skin with water and gel cleansers anymore.

It's not the most environmentally friendly option out there, but I am definitely lowering my hydro bill from not having the sink on for 3 minutes, 2x/day! Give these a try, you will be hooked!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this doesn't remove my eye makeup but it removes everything else. i use this at night because i don't like to wash my face since i have such dry skin. works and i don't break out. i just hate the fact that i have to use a separate makeup remover for my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 9:51:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

I really like these makeup removing towelettes. Like other reviewers have stated, they do NOT remove waterproof mascara. A lot of times, they don't even remove regular mascara. They do take off all my face makeup, though, and since I've incorporated these into my routine, my skin looks great. Every night, I wipe off all my makeup with one of the towelettes, then I wash my face with Purpose Gentle Cleanser. I feel like my skin gets really clean and I've had NO breakouts. Love them and have repurchased them. I wish they came in a plastic tub, but that would probably make them more expensive, so I'll make do.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by sallyv04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this product for quite awhile now and have since discovered what a horrible job it does on removing eye makeup, which is why I gave it 3 lippies.
Other than that, it does it's job in removing my lipstick and Bare Minerals foundation at the end of the day. I like that it doesn't leave an oily residue behind and that's it's thin enough for me to flush down the toilet. It also contains just the right amount of wetness.
I wish the the packaging was better though. It comes with a sticky flap that looses its "stickiness" after awhile and the last few towelettes become dry in result.
Back to the eye makeup: I had to scrub my poor eyes so much that they would eventually become irritated and red and I would lose some eye lashes. I finally discovered those Neutrogena pads that do an awesome job in removing eye makeup so my problem has been solved!