April 19, 2014 | 1870 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by itcouldbesteph

Very average product. I haven't found a lot of difference between this and my cheaper powders. I don't find that it stays on for all that long and I find it very thick, not sheer. If anything, it makes my skin oily, which only ever happens with Clinique products. Once again I have to say not impressed at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 7:41:00 AM More reviews by minax

I have this in shade 01 stay buff. It matches my skin tone pretty well but I don't like the powder itself. I use it to blot shine during the day without adding color but this only lasts for around 2 hours. I bought this straight after the SA tried it on me in the store so I didn't have time to see that it hardly keeps my skin matte. I work in an office so this is really poor blotting power. It looks very chalky when first applied then quickly fades to nothing. It was also very expensive (27 euros). I don't really like the compact either because the sponge sits on top of the powder. I will use it up but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ElvisDiva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently ran out of MAC MSF Natural in Light and happened to be in a dept store over the weekend buying an anniversary present when I passed upon the Clinique counter. I noticed that Clinique had a gift w/ purchase so I decided to try to find a powder to use in the meantime (my dept store doesn't carry MAC - boo!) To qualify for the gift, I had to get 2 products (this and the All About Eyes concealer). I just wanted something to set my foundation (Revlon Colorstay). I really like this powder...I use a powder brush, not the powder puff that comes with it. It goes on well and is quite buildable, doesn't look cakey. The one minor complaint is that it is a bit too matte (the name of the product says it all -Stay Matte) whereas the MSF leaves that bit of dewiness on my face. Overall, a great powder.
UPATE: after about 2-3 weeks using this powder, I have noticed that for some reason my pores have started looking bigger. When I was usign MAC MSF I didn't have this problem, so I can only say it may be the Clinique powder that is causing this ....who knows? but I'm going to go back to using MAC MSF natural and see what happens.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sgbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very cute packaging but with my skin, all I have to say is: Never Again Clinique products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great compact for light daily touch-ups and setting foundation! I love it! I will re-buy if i ever need to!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

When I first purchased this, I purchased it in Stay Honey (I think that was the color), and it was horrible! It oxidized, made me orange, and I just looked awful. Not sure what the consultant at Dillard's was smoking when she said it matched my olive skin tone "perfectly."

Anywho, I took it back and exchanged it for the Stay Matte (the translucent one... whatever it's name is), and it's wonderful. I can even wear it without foundation, and my skin looks great.

I do get a little shine at the end of the day, but that's to be expected since I have combo/oily skin to begin with. I carry this compact with me and use my MAC travel 187 to apply if I need a touch-up.

I really do love this powder. It keeps my skin looking fresh and natural w/o looking cakey.

The compact is great and sturdy. I need sturdy as I am a known clutz and am constantly dropping things, running them over with my car, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by chicvintage

My HG face powder. It lets some oil through, but instead of looking like a grease pit, my face looks glowy. Definitely worth the price and the need to blot once in a while.

Plus, I just love the square green compact. It appeals to my vaguely 70s sense of style!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the fact that I can wear this without foundation and it gives just the right coverage. Stay Buff is the perfect shade for my NW15 skin. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pretebrowneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome powder! Controls shine pretty well....I still have to blot throughout the day but I don't look like a grease monkey. Just slight shine, I can deal with that. I'm NC45 in MAC and wear the Stay Spice shade in this powder...perfect match for me. I sometimes wear this w/o foundation and it covers very well on it's own. Will continue to purchase...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by eandrews6338

I absolutely love this powder! Probably the best powder I've used it makes my face look flawless and I love the slight luminous finish it gives it also has minerals in it which is nice and it controls oil its everything in one I wear neutral and it matches my skin perfectly definitely will be buying this again!