November 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by sgbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very cute packaging but with my skin, all I have to say is: Never Again Clinique products!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Great compact for light daily touch-ups and setting foundation! I love it! I will re-buy if i ever need to!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by maddsox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

When I first purchased this, I purchased it in Stay Honey (I think that was the color), and it was horrible! It oxidized, made me orange, and I just looked awful. Not sure what the consultant at Dillard's was smoking when she said it matched my olive skin tone "perfectly."

Anywho, I took it back and exchanged it for the Stay Matte (the translucent one... whatever it's name is), and it's wonderful. I can even wear it without foundation, and my skin looks great.

I do get a little shine at the end of the day, but that's to be expected since I have combo/oily skin to begin with. I carry this compact with me and use my MAC travel 187 to apply if I need a touch-up.

I really do love this powder. It keeps my skin looking fresh and natural w/o looking cakey.

The compact is great and sturdy. I need sturdy as I am a known clutz and am constantly dropping things, running them over with my car, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by chicvintage

My HG face powder. It lets some oil through, but instead of looking like a grease pit, my face looks glowy. Definitely worth the price and the need to blot once in a while.

Plus, I just love the square green compact. It appeals to my vaguely 70s sense of style!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the fact that I can wear this without foundation and it gives just the right coverage. Stay Buff is the perfect shade for my NW15 skin. Will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pretebrowneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome powder! Controls shine pretty well....I still have to blot throughout the day but I don't look like a grease monkey. Just slight shine, I can deal with that. I'm NC45 in MAC and wear the Stay Spice shade in this powder...perfect match for me. I sometimes wear this w/o foundation and it covers very well on it's own. Will continue to purchase...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by eandrews6338

I absolutely love this powder! Probably the best powder I've used it makes my face look flawless and I love the slight luminous finish it gives it also has minerals in it which is nice and it controls oil its everything in one I wear neutral and it matches my skin perfectly definitely will be buying this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

My FAVORITE pressed powder. I have darker skin with yellow undertones, C7 in MAC. Very normal, no acne but like my face really matte and have trouble finding powders with the power to do that (esp. in the summer). I bought this in Stay Suede and it is almost a perfect match for me, very blendable, too. Does not oxidize to orange. The compact is standard mint green and a good size to stow away in my purse.

EDIT: I still like this powder but by the end of the day, there is almost none left on my face even if I use a primer. I prefer MAC Studio Fix for the coverage but Clinique is better for a natural look.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 2:21:00 PM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder! I was NOT expecting much from it at all. I bought it for $19.00 at Nordstrom which is a great deal, IMO. I have it in Stay Buff (the lightest color they offer) and it matches my skin so perfectly, it melts right in it. I work in a BUSY restaurant for 8 hours on a time, I sweat, there's greases, I touch my face, etc. By the end of the day, there was VERY little shine break through and it gave a dewy look instead of a disgusting greasy, cakey, or oxidized look. It sinks into the skin toward the end of the day instead of smearing and looking uneven. I have combo skin that usually gets oily on the forehead and the sides of my nose. This is super easy to touch up, too. For the ladies who feel this product is cakey, I highly recommend putting on moisturizer and immediately applying the powder with a large powder brush. It gives me an airbrushed and even finish. Highly recommended. HOWEVER, I did deduct one lipstick because the powder is a little hard to get on the brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by luckygal79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a decent pressed powder and the only makeup product I will purchase from Clinique. I use the invisible matte shade either on bare skin or over foundation. It controls oil pretty well and the color doesn't darken at all. Doesn't aggrevate my skin in any way either. I chose would not repurchase because I've found an inexpensive replacement in Maybelline's Shine Free Oil Control loose powder (which is superb for $5). I never carry compacts on me for touchups so there is no need for pressed powder in my makeup bag.