September 19, 2014 | 1776 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by kaitlynnm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Penny Lane is a great color. In my opinion, this shade will work with more skin tones than Orgasm. Having said that, Penny Lane is a creme blush and I have the Orgasm powder blush so not quite the same product. It goes on smoothly when applied when applied on top of another creme based product or moisturizer (as opposed to a powder base). When it comes to staying power, I'd say it lasts almost (not quite) as long as MAC creme color base, which is the high standard for me. Penny Lane adds a healthy, dewy glow to skin without overdoing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There isn't much to say about Penny Lane that hasn't already been said in the reviews. The colour is a beautiful, slightly peached pink blush, that leans more towards the pink side on my slightly cool skin. I don't really see any of the nude/taupe undertones that have been raved about; and this blush really doesn't give a 'just in from the cold' look to my very pale skin.

This blush, does however, give a very natural, angelic glow to the skin. It is not pigmented at all - I usually have to brush & apply twice to the apples to actually get any noticeable colour. This colour while nice for very pale skin tones, still takes some building up. While the pan also has noticeable, gold glitter flecks these don't actually show up on the skin - all I personally get is the dewey base colour; good if you're self-conscious about the glitter settling into the pores; bad if you're looking for something with some shimmer. This product isn't matte looking though - the finish goes on more of a satin on me. It is, however, very easy to blend and quite creamy. It worked well with both MAC's 188 and a cheap, Yves Rocher Blush Brush I've had forever. The 188 did pick up the colour easier and more evenly, but this blush is so buttery, any blush brush could probably apply and blend it out nicely.

That said, while this product doesn't settle into pores, it doesn't last very long in moderate weather, let alone warm weather. It faded quite a bit after about 2 hours on me; and I wouldn't say my skin is particularly oily. While it is summer, it was also nighttime and it hasn't been particularly humid either. But without fail, this blush does require some touching up after max. 4 hours each and every time I've worn it.

Given how easy it is dirty up NARS compacts, I'm not really keen to the idea of carrying this blush around to touch up. That said, the colour is a colour that could easily work whether warm or cool-toned, and is probably very good for those who are just getting into blushers and still nervous about looking like a clown. It is also great for those who are into a no-fuss, no makeup look. That said, this product does deserve a 4 for it's versatility, blendability, and the actual colour. On the other hand, this product loses a lippie for the terrible compact I can't suceed in keeping clean, the lack of pigmentation, and the fact those with a deeper skintone may find it takes a lot of blush for this to work. Not an all-around people pleaser like Orgasm [which I personally hate] but definately a must-have for pale people. [N3/NW15/HD110 here].

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2009 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Cayleyt

this is the perfect nudey natural looking blush for me. i decided to try a cream blush because i use a mineral foundation and sometimes my cheek color ended up looking powdery. this is sooo beautfiul on and totally solves my powdery look problem, and also a lilttle bit goes a long way so it is sure to last a long time. i'm so glad another lovely MUAer recommended it for me. will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by nettimacs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

surprise surprise.. non shimmery nars product... i am over the moon.. normally i don't really use cream blushes or specificly this color group but somehow it is just an amazing blush.. cute and sophisticated, goes well with smokey and natural looks never leaves greasy or too shiny patches where i applied, really good colour pay off though it is a quite light shade. all in all it is a nice blush.. well worth for the money:))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

Wow, I love this blush. It goes on so natural looking. I'm not sure how to describe the colour, though many have tried, it's a blend between peaches and pale roses, it's just beautiful on. I can't imagine anything not going with it. I'm a big fan of Deep Throat but only wear it when I'm wearing neutrals. Penny Lane could be worn with anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 9:56:00 PM More reviews by shellyshells

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yay, so happy this worked for me! I was playing around with the Nars stuff at Sephora and tried this little gem on a whim and was delighted that this showed up on my skin. I really loved the subtle pinky glow. I dusted Nico on top to set it and I was even happier with the result. This combo really made it look like I was "glowing from within". I didn't buy Penny Lane + Nico right away, I walked around and checked it out in different lighting and pretty much fell in love. I purchased these babies in the same week. So glad I tried this on even though I thought I'd be too tan for the color to show. I'll probably wear this combo everyday, it's so subtle, simple, casual & I'm all glowy! Doesn't mean I won't reach for my brighter blushes because those are fun too but for a quickie face fix- this is it! Looove it! (NC35-40, Nars Budapest & St. Tropez)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mabinogii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pure love, this one. an HG. Never hit pan on a friggin nars blush before, you'd think there's enough for a lifetime, with the pigment in them.

I don't understand these odd people saying it won't show up on darker skintones. It shines its best on very tan people, ie my friend. I'm pale, myself, and it is simply gorgeous. It's a really subtle nude peachy pink, btu it most certainly looks light in the pot, but once it's blended in with your skin in a straight up swatch, it's so pigmented it no longer looks like light pink, it is a fierce natural peachy pink in a more natural way than orgasm or torrid. This blush is love , I think it would look well on everyone but the darkest skin tones.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

On my neutral/warm, light-medium complexion (I'm medium in the summer), this showed up very faintly when I piled it on. I literally used a quarter-size on each cheek. Too much waste, not to mention grease on the face. I don't know how medium skintones can get this to show up. Maybe it's a matter of skin undertones. Nars cream blushes are not my favorite, but they're amongst the best in terms of quality.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by remychic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this blush a few weeks ago and am really happy with it. It is a warm nude pink that gives a subtle flush on the cheeks. It is matte with no shimmer so it looks very natural. I haven't had to touch up during the day so the formula seems to be fairly long wearing. For reference I am NC15 and don't have any trouble with it not showing up on my skin like another reviewer but it is subtle so if you want a large pop of color you probably need to layer it with a powder blush or bronzer. So far I am happy with this purchase and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Msjuneday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my go-to blush for work every morning for the past 2 weeks. I love the way it gives my skin a soft warmth. I use a flat foundation brush to apply it. I use it on top of tinted moisterizer which gives me a goregous dewy look. I'm more of a fan of the creme rather than the powders. I feel it makes you look more natural and healthy! But, keep in mind I'm NW20. This wont show up on a lot of skintones. When I got it at Sephora, it had obviously been returned with someone's fat fingerprint on it (grrrrrrr!!). Didn't work out for them, but works for me :)
EDIT: This cream blush breaks me out bad. A good dupe is Hush by MAC. -2 lippies for clogging my pores.