September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Cream SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by TheSweetLife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got a sample of this and while I am going to go with the Clarins UV Dayscreen SPF 40 I do really like the feel of this. I think it is a bit less greasy than the Neutrogena Dry-Touch sunscreens and it only has one chemical agent of concern (possibly) for pregnant women whereas the Neutrogena has a much more in the way of chemical blocks. I wouldn't wear a moisturizer under this in the summer, just apply to a fresh face and wait to sink in before applying makeup.
    Comparing this to the Clarins Dayscreen is almost like comparing apples to oranges since they are quite different in texture and Clarins is all-physical agents while this has chemical agents but in the end since I'm pregnant and want to stay away from possibly scary chemicals (though from what I've read the octinoxate is only possibly bad for children or pregnant women) I'm going with a simple moisturizer under the dryer feeling Clarins. I would consider this in the future though if I end up not liking the Clarins for some reason.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 7:59:00 AM More reviews by swilhelm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

HOLY GRAIL SUNSCREEN. (This is a review of the US version... I hope they don't reformulate.) I have never found a sunscreen for my face that I liked until now. They all made my face greasy, clogged my pores, and caused breakouts. This Shiseido sunscreen doesn't do any of that. It feels smooth, not greasy, has good SPF and UVA/UVB protection. Am using this on my face and Neutrogena Dry Touch on the body. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2008 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Vidabelle

This is a review for new reformulated EU version!!
    Just as the reviewer before me, I had the worst experience with this product.
    I was using this sunscreen for many years and loved it (HG), but it was usually the US version. So while in Europe I bought a new bottle and couldn't believe what I saw after I applied it to my face: I looked like a ghost as it had left a white cast and white flakes all over. I just hope they don't reformulate the US version.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2008 7:43:00 AM More reviews by nancy_deathbeast

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The reformulated EU version is HORRIBLE.

It leaves an extreme white cast which doesnt dissapear.

Even when I made sure that I applied it to the WHOLE face,it ended up lookin blotchy and uneven

After less then 2 hours,makes my skin look even more blotchy,like the ss has dissapeared in places.

It has a strong smell. Im not usually the one to care about fragrance in ss's but this smelly yuck.

I think the worst thing about this ss is that I keep getting sunburnt,even tho I apply liberaly(im very anal about not getting sunburnt). I wear a wide brimmed,close knitted sunhat at ALL times,and I still got sunburnt.Now Im getting sunsports which I havent had before. GRR!

Basically,the reformulated EU version that I bought in London is crap. I dont understand why they reformulated it??

The Australian and US versions are fantastic tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by EternalKudra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh, how I hate falling in love with expensive products. I asked for a sample of this at Sephora, and they gave me a really generous sample, so I've been test-driving it for almost a week now. I love that it sinks in and dries quickly and matte, yet isn't drying like the Neutrogena I usually use is. In fact, if I'm in a hurry and don't have time to let moisturizer sink in before I apply sunscreen, this stuff is okay on my skin even without moisturizer under it. I don't love the scent, but I don't hate it either. I do love that it feels like I'm putting some kind of nice cream on my face every morning instead of slathering it with hard to spread goop, which is how sunscreens usually make me feel.

I'm not thrilled about the price. But still, this is the kind of product that makes me willing to spend more than I normally would.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2008 11:05:00 PM More reviews by revealing_beauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I so badly wanted to love this sunscreen. I loved the fact that the SPF was high and that it was formulated with zinc oxide. The packaging was great. However, whenever I applied this product, it was so difficult to apply and it never did seem to sink in. Plus, I think it broke me out :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by liz2010

My mom swears by this sunscreen so I decided to give it a try and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!! I put on my MAC Concealer and Pressed Powder at 10:00 this morning and now at 4:00 my skin is beautifully matte and looks flawless. I generally have oil breakthrough but none here and my makeup hasnt oxidized and turned that weird orange color. For me this is HG status!!! I <3 it!!! For the results the price is worth it and the packaging is way cute :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2008 12:30:00 PM More reviews by mcmunson

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I succumbed to this because of the raves here but this stuff just did not work for me. I seldom return makeup but this went back because I knew I would never, ever reach for it and it was expensive. It did not have a mattifying effect like so many people here enjoy, and my skin got surface and below-surface zits. I much prefer Clinique City Block Sheer or La Roche Posay.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by sakecat22

I got the cream as a small sample and, WOW, I can see why folks rave about this as the sunscreen holy grail! It absorbs quickly, no white sheen, and makes my skin feel like SKIN - not sandpaper and not an oil-slick. Even better, it never turns into an oil slick later in the day. I also agree with one of the earlier reviewers - this could easily be used as a primer. My makeup (a little powder bronzer that day) lasted all day. I have a full bottle of the lotion - but I think this will be my next purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2008 11:08:00 PM More reviews by susiesephora

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Perfect for the face. It is slightly hydrating. (perfect for the boyfriend that refuses to wear anything, but still complains that he's getting wrinkles.) Truly is water proof. You need a good oil or cream cleanser to get it off. I find that when I wear it under my makeup, rather than on a no make up day, my make up wears better. I don't like the lid snap thingy. I always feel like I'm going to break it. I feel even though it is a bit pricey, a little goes a long way... so it is a good value!