October 1, 2014 | 1142 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by Forher2me

I'm not sure why would anybody give this product anything less than a 5-star review.

Yes, $9 for some facial cotton sounds outrageous for the average drugstore consumer, however for the discerning consumer these are a staple and you'll never go back to discount mart's el cheapo cotton. If you still are skeptical, go to the counter and try them out. Believe me, the Shiseido representative will be MORE THAN HAPPY to let you try them and give you some samples to try at home.

The cotton is a decent size (2 1/8" X 2 1/2" or 5.4cm X 6.5cm). They are about 4mm or 1/8" thick. They used to be thicker and fluffier...maybe they just flattened them out or something...whatever.

They are 100% cotton, so no bull@#% nylon or manmade materials to scratch your face or leave linty fuzz. Just 100% soft and gentle.

The best part about these cotton pads is that the pad doesn't absorb the product like a sponge.
--> This is kind of tricky to explain. The el cheapo cotton pads I've tried from "discount" mart, not just soaks up the product, but it absorbs it like a sponge. For instance if I use this cotton for toner/softener/balancing lotion, Shiseido's cotton acts almost like a brush by spreading the liquid nicely over my face, but it still picks up debris or make up as a cotton pad ought to. El Cheapo cotton will just soak up and absorb the product like a Bounty sheet; my skin won't get any of the yummy toner; I end up wasting a lot of product on the cotton pad itself rather than my skin.

Sometimes I'll cut them in half if I dont need to use the entire sheet (might as well save if I can right?)

The only gripe I have about them is a couple years ago, Shiseido decided to make them thinner than they used to be. I liked the thick fluffiness they used to have

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by trackypup

These are amazing! Hold one of these in your hand and a regular cotton pad, it's like cashmere compared to a flour sack. I'll save the crappy ones for my nails, nothing but these are going on my face from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2009 1:38:00 AM More reviews by Meljolie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are the best cotton pads I've used for my face. I use this to apply on toner and it just glides on without tug. I got this on sale for $9 and it was in a "frosted" plastic cover, with Shiseido printed in red on the middle and three rows of facial cotton on it! It's lasted me for a while now so it's definitely worth the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by makeupkitkat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this for $8 CAD... It feels very nice and doesn't tear or ball up like cotton I've used in the past. It's good shtuff. Yes, even at $8. It takes a while to get through the package, so by the time you do, you forget all about those $8.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Shiseido Facial Cotton really is the super softest cotton you will ever use! The cotton is woven and that is why they feel different to the other alternatives available. Unfortunately, I can't always afford to use them! If I could these are all I would ever use. I notice that with these I need less product on them to do the job so the cost is probably spread out in the end.

If you haven't tried them yet try one at a Shiseido counter - the MUA's use these to do facial massage and makeup removal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 11:05:00 PM More reviews by makeupqueen26

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

These are the best cotton pads for your face on the market. Costs more but worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by HypoCrisy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Best cotton pads ever produced.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2008 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Sicely24

I love these super soft cotton pads! I think they are totally worth the price. Buying a package of this cotton pad is like buy three rolls of cotton pads....but this is superior quality cotton that is gentle on your eyes and face and that is important! We only have one face...be good to your skin. ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

***I am reviewing for the Shiseido white lucent facial cotton***

I received a small box of the facial cotton as GWP, it came in a lovely shiny purple/silver box, with 30 facial cottons inside.
I dont use toner on my face but only on my neck but I use cheap ones from the supermarket, which is quite scratchy but it doesnt bother me. So when I opened to use these pads, I so suprised at how soft and fluffy they were. I "tested" the softness on my face by rubbing it hard and soft and my sensitive skin didnt go red at all.

When I use it on my neck, I usually just use half the cotton so it will last me 60 days instead.

I dont know how much a full sized box is but I doubt it'll be cheap, which is the reason why I would not be making a purchase for these facial cottons

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Azula

Edit: Hahaha! discerning because you spend $9 on cotton? What about discerning between buying an average product for a lot of money or another average product for little money?? Wow, I did laugh. But I guess with the recession some people don't have the money to splurge on a good $25 Dior lipstick, so if a $9 cotton is the only luxury you can get, by all means go for it ;)

This is the most idiotic purchase I have ever made, and believe me there's more than a few to compete. I cannot believe how stupid was thinking that an outrageously expensive $9 cotton was going to be any different than regular cotton... The softness is overrrated, and these have no strenght, just as regular not pressed cotton pads, like CVS cotton rounds, which are as soft and prone to tearing apart as this Shiseido cotton is.
Saying that my skin is sensitive in order to feel better to have bought this is a move I'm not willing to do, because I'm not going to deny the responsibility of the bad purchase I made. I'm also not saying this would make your toner las longer, beacuse that's a lie, it doesn't absorb any less product. this thing has nothing going for it, It's not even freaking organic!
I made a stupid decision, and the first step to overcome stupidity, as alcohol, is to admit it. I hope all of you can do the same.
Oh, by the way, your fingertips have much more nerve terminals than your face, so even if you feel a slight difference in softness when you touch this, your face won't notice it one bit, unless you have a nervous system malformation, of course.