October 21, 2014 | 2005 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by guyinds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word to describe this lipstick: FABULOUS! It works great with my skin tone. It is slightly bold, but not overly dramatic. It is a fun more purple than pink and it goes on smoothly. Want more flash, add some clear gloss over the top. I will buy this again. I LUV IT.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 7:58:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ive been getting some recs on this lipstick, so I decides to try it. I like it, but couldve been a tinge brighter. Its like a purpe/pink but has more the purple look with the deep pink underton in it a little. I like the creaminess, and glad it doesnt have a dey feeling like most bright lippies. I like this as is, or I will wear a teeny amount of pink gloss over it so it wont have shine to it. This lipstick is pretty this way too. I also tried it with Mac currant liner too, and its pretty decent. I also bought nyx liner in pinky and Im really feeling that, but not sure if its wearable out in public. I can see myself wearing this shopping and hanging out and maybe to school on some days.This was a good purchase.

Upadate: 9/25'/2010
When this I wear this while taking pictures, this look so bright that it doesn't even look close as when I wear it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by xoCarmina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I can't tell you how much I love this lipstick. It's such a unique and wearable color. It reminds me of girl about town- but a more toned down version. This is the guy proof version. I can now understand why it is so popular. Looks great with magenta liner, and a clear lipgloss over. My favorite way to wear it is with a dark green smokey eye. It's a great going out look. reference- I'm NC 35- C4 depending on the time of year.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by jubez

This shade is in the permanent line and is quite a popular one. This is an Amplified which is one of my favorite finishes, it makes the lipstick so creamy and pigmented. The color is a mauvey pink-purple. If you bought the color I Like It Like That from In The Groove this would be it's cousin. Up The Amp is more berry than ILILT and when worn as a stain on my medium pigmented lips, it is more pink. I like to wear this alone and with gloss to lighten the color up a bit. The Amplified formula makes this lipstick also long-wearing for me. This is a great shade for all seasons I think and those who are hesitant to try color should pick this one up. You won't be disappointed. For those who do not know already, MAC has raised their priced again and lipsticks are now $17.50CAN.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Catarah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was bored with my nude (safe) colors I always wear so I wanted something vibrant...the MA suggested up the amp. Wowwww!! Love it...Ladies try this....line and color your lips with MAC magenta liner. Then put up the amp over it. Then top with extra amps dazzleglass!!! So sexy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LAWSVP

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS LIPSTICK IS GORGEOUS! I LOVE IT! IT MAKES MY SKIN POP AND NOT SO DULL! I AM FILIPINA AND VERY LIGHT AND THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME LOOK CRAZY LOOKING (LOL!) BUT SERIOUSLY I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by maryrangel

I LOVE THIS LIPSTICK I RECENTLY BOUGHT IT AND IM IN LOVE WITH IT THIS IS A MUST HAVE ! SINCE I FOUND IT I CANT BELIEVE BEING A LOVER OF PINK AND PURPLE I DIDNT OWN IT BEFORE ITS THAT GOOD !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by CrisAlex

Okay okay so I went to buy this lipstick based on the reviews here. And since I always wear nudey colours, I thought that this would be something different. OMG! I love it! This colour makes my teeth look whiter and i can't believe I didn't try this earlier.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 7:38:00 AM More reviews by thatssoblasian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far one of my favorite lipstick colors! It's a beautiful lavender color that looks amazing with my skin tone! It goes one great and is relatively long lasting as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Brownye20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Black

I was visiting my cuzo last summer n she had this on. I was so feeling it so she brought it for me. Wen I tried it on I did not like it. So I gave it away Shhh... don't tell my cuzo lol. Anyhoo, for some reason this l/s stayed on my mind. So i decide to give it another shot. I brought it n OMG wat was I thinking. This color is gorgeous lol. U can tone it down with Current Lip Liner or Up The Amp even more with She-Zam Dazzle Glass. Love It!!!!.