LUSH Cosmetic Warrior Mask

3.5

Kaolin , Fresh Green Grapes (Vitis vinifera) , Fresh Free Range Eggs , Honey (Mel) , Cornstarch (Zea mays) , Glycerine , Fresh Garlic (Allium sativum) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , *Limonene , Perfume

on 4/11/2010 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I like the Lush face masks... but not this one. It smells really strongly of garlic. I don't like garlic on my food and i don't like it on my face! There are also very large chunks of product that are difficult to smooth out over the face. Additionally, i have very sensitive skin and there is something in this that is irritating. My skin is red and blotchy after i use this product. I also had a few small pimples after using this for a week or two and it made me paranoid, but in all fairness there is no way to know what caused said breakout.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This stinks. It absolutely reeks. It smells something like old, expired hummus. I like hummus, but on my face its nauseating.
That being said, this mask is amazing for problem skin. I get under-the-skin pimples and have very sensitive, finicky skin, and this is great for shrinking acne and making my complexion appear more even. A lot of other masks tend to dry out and irritate my skin. I got a couple of stress-related cystic pimples while I was using this and it dried them up after two uses.
I took a lippie off because the short shelf life is a bit of a pain (although you can safely use it a day or so past the expiry if you keep it in the fridge), and because of the smell you won't want to use this up before the expiry date, but keep with it because its fantastic, and works so much better than the nicer-smelling Lush masks (Catastrophe Cosmetic smells like blueberry pie but does nothing for my skin). A tip is to hold a small bottle of perfume or essential oil under your nose and sniff when you feel grossed out ;)

on 3/31/2010 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I liked the idea of using something fresh, preservative-free, and skin-cooling right out of the refrigerator. The idea was great, the product wasn't so. It was difficult to spread on the skin without tugging, the mask itself was 'chunky' with all the pieces of garlic and such so that when it dried, it left a trail of whatever all over my sink, floor, etc. It was difficult to get off, too. I didn't notice any change, improvement or otherwise, in my skin. Since it was a bit pricey, almost 10 Euros for three or four uses, I did finish it but won't be buying again.

on 2/12/2010 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

when buying the lettuce mask, i got a sample of this. its a great mask for acne prone skin and i will likely be trying the full size one when my other mask runs out. one downside is that these come with short expiry dates but then again they don't have the harmful perservatives either.

on 2/8/2010 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this stuff worked wonders on my skin! it didn't smell at all...despite having garlic in it. it cleared up my face and left my skin looking flawless after a few uses. my only complaint is the short shelf life it has...but, i'd rather have that than a product laced with chemicals and preservatives.

on 2/8/2010 12:14:00 AM

I went to Lush to purchase the same mask my friend had bought and recommended to me, but found this one fit my needs a little better. I haven't noticed a strong garlic smell at all (the tea tree comes through a little more), and I think it does a good job shrinking pimple size, though it doesn't make them disappear overnight. Definitely a noticeable difference in skin after use, though. Unfortunately, I haven't used the entire pot before expiration, but the price isn't too bad to purchase a new mask per month or so. Definitely buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had a tester of this and im glad cause i wont be buying it.

I love me some garlic, but smeared on my face? ill pass..

past the smell though, the mask seemed to make my face feel soft after but thats about it. i guess that is cause it wasnt for my skin type seeing as i only got a sample.

on 1/31/2010 12:45:00 PM

This is one of my least favourtie LUSH masks. It has an unpleasant mucousy texture and it feels greasy on the skin. It also doesn't seem to make any visible improvement of my skin. And as for the smell... thankfully when I have the mask on, my nose mainly picks up the tea tree scent. However, the next day I strongly smell garlic when I wash my face with my Clarisonic =S

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product was the one shown to me by an associate at a LUSH store when they were out of the chocolate mask which I wanted to try, it smelled so good! However they were out so she got me Cosmetic Warrior. I wanted something for my oiliness and acne but while this doesn't claim to help with that it did work on what it claims to do. It reads "A superhero face mask to combat spots, cleanse dirt and clam and soothe all troubled skins." My acne spots from old acne that leaves that purple color tone that makes you think your skin is that color from now on cause it's there for freakin' ever, is gone. After two uses I noticed my skin tone was even and the spots were no longer hanging around. So I will pick this up again when I notice I have spots again. It's the best smell but it's not something horrible. It's definitely tolerable and does a great job with the spots. The only sucky part is that it doesn't last for long so while I bought it for only $5.95 I only got three uses as it's supposedly expires today or is best buy (and it has eggs in it, so yeah).

on 12/16/2009 10:10:00 AM

I'm fine with the tea tree and garlic smell, but there were no noticeable effects on my pimples and my complexion seemed even duller after using it? I prefer the Brazened Honey one over this, though even that isn't so great in my mind either..

Popular Masks