August 20, 2014 | 1894 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

Hands down, officially my favorite lipstick EVER. (And I don't even like lipsticks.) I'm addicted to red lipsticks so that's all I've ever owned, but someone suggested this lippie for someone with warm-skin and pigmented lips like me, so I decided to give it a try.

Just like everyone said, this is a BEAUTIFUL color. It's a lovely petal pink that could probably work for just about everyone (but most definitely works on warm skin). Since I have naturally rosy lips, it looks a bit darker on me than in the pictures above, but the lippie is well pigmented so it still shows up. Also, I love the consistency of the lipsticks in this line, they're creamy and surprisingly hydrating (especially compared to Revlon's Matte line).

The only con I'd say is that while it doesn't emphasize dryness, it DOES fall into the creases of my lips (and I have many). It's just a minor problem and not very obvious unless I look close up, but I don't have the heart to take away a lippie because I just love this color so much. <3 I finally have a pink lipstick that doesn't scare me or make me look ridiculous!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 11:09:00 PM More reviews by PoorCollegeStudent

I find this lipstick to be a slightly darker version of Maybelline's Pink Please. This is a really creamy lipstick in a gorgeous neutral pink that reminds me a bit of colors worn in the 60's by icons such as Audrey Hepburn. I love the formulation of the cremes in this range because they are smooth, but they don't fall apart in the tube like similar products from Maybelline and Wet 'n Wild, even though I l rate the Color Sensational range and I quite like the Mega Last Lipsticks from wet 'n wild. Overall this is one of my favorite lipsticks in this fantastic formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Surprisingly, I loathed Revlon Pink in the Afternoon. I wasn't expecting to. There's enough love in my heart for lots and lots of pink lipsticks, I figured. I'm addicted to pale pinks. I'd seen this one on FOTD posts and recommended on the board and in swatches--a warm pink, a hint of coral. From the swatches, it seemed subtle to me. Well, ladies, it is not subtle on this NW10 chick with pigmented lips. Nope. Pink in the Afternoon, against my fair, cool skin, is brash instead of delicate, a brightish coral-y pink. Dare I say... grandmotherly. It wasn't what I was looking for. Pity, because I actually liked the formula. I know some here have found it dry and patchy. Mine was creamy and didn't settle into lines. I found it very silky and the look was evenly pigmented. The wear wasn't extraordinarily great or poor--a decent, standard lipstick. It just wasn't flattering to me, and I think it's fair to alert other fair NWs. I think Pink in the Afternoon really shines on women who have a bit of a deeper, warmer skin tone than I do. On many women here who do have some more warmth to their skin, Pink in the Afternoon does look less abrasive. However, I've just had to accept that this shade doesn't go particularly well with my coloring at all and will just plain never look subtle on me. Fortunately, Maybelline Pink Please, a paler peachy pink, gives me the warm-pale-pink lip look that I had hoped to create with Pink in the Afternoon.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by eredred

Pretty pink. no frost. brightens my face. i use with a spice lipliner and pink afterglow gloss from revlon. very pretty.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Dazidoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this product. Glides on smoothly, quite creamy and moisterising. Good colour pay off and it lasts a good few hours. It doesn't have a horrible smell or taste, doesn't really have a taste to be honest, or if there is a taste it is faint.
Love the colour. A really pretty, light pink. Very wearable. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I will repurchase this forever. Definite HG product for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

I've never been a lipstick or lipgloss type, I usually just have my chapstick. This is my first lipstick ever so I can't compare it to other brands.
However at work, when there isn't much to do I usually wander around the makeup section (which isn't too big) and this really caught my eye.
I was going to buy a colorburst one at first, since I've heard really good things about them, but the shimmer kind of turned me off. Instead I settled for this one and I definitely do not regret it.
I love the colour, it's perfect for my skintone! My lips aren't that pigmented in the first place, so this is the perfect pink.
I can't say much about staying power, because nothing ever stays on my lips long. It lasts me around 3 hours before I notice the colour completely gone when I set it with a gloss (also from Revlon), but around 2-2.5 hours if I just use it alone.
I don't usually wear it alone though, because it does kind of accentuate the wrinkles on my lips.
Still overall I'd still repurchase, and I'll probably be checking out the rest of Revlon's lipsticks!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/27/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by petrene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have always like pink,peachy and orange shades from Shu uemera and Clarins for my medium shade fair asian skin.But,thought of trying out a nude colour,while doesn't make me look dull & pale at the same time.I saw this colour in drugstore and kind of love its nude pink colour.No regret and I am happy it did not add on to my many left behind lipsticks!! Never thought I could wear a nice nude pink,yet is fresh and doesnt wash off my complexion at the same time.This is my HG when I want to look natural with my flawless complexion,sweet blusher & dark thick eyeliners.

I didnt rank it as 4-5 lippie cos found it really dry or matt for my chappy lips.But,i still love the colour vy much till today..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a must have shade for me. I have warm toned NC 30 skin and this looks soo naturally pretty on me. It is a light warm muted pink. The texture is very creamy and glides on and the finish is a sheen like a Mac cream sheen l/s. I find it hard to wear a lot of light pinks b/c it usually too cool n clashes w/ my warm base but this is super wearable. The color is very similar to Flirt Tint-a-Licioius in Flashy but not as bright.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by lost25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a warm pink. Not a cool pink. Just thought I had to clarify that. Recently I bought a MAC lipstick called 'Please Me'. On the same day I bought 'Pink in the Afternoon.' When I came home I realized, "Uh oh. I think I bought dupes." They look very similar in the tube but upon application, 'Please Me' is more gritty, whereas 'Pink in the Afternoon' is so creamy. Also, 'Please Me' is more of a light dusty rose. 'Pink in the Afternoon' is a touch darker and a touch warmer. 'Pink in the Afternoon' was how I hoped 'Please Me' would turn out. NC 20's rejoice! I found the perfect light pink.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

I have always been interested in this lipstick, as Revlon does not bring in a lot of pink lipsticks into my country. However every time I applied this (which is the pinkest shade available) on my hand, it appears very orange. Recently I purchased it, and was happy it was more of pink rather than just flat orange upon application. The pink looks very sweet, almost pink orange, is subtle and does not wash my pale complexion out. It is not overly white, which can look very unnatural. It is relatively cheap, has no strange smell and does not dry out my lips. Only gripe is that , I wished it was more matte. Because currently the color just seems to just sit on my dry lip flakes.