April 20, 2014 | 1601 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Half Baked Eyeshadow

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

I like this shadow but i never reach for this. I wont buy it again since I'm not particularly impressed by this one. I dont dislike it, I just dont really wear bronze colors on the regular.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by LucieFurr

This is the best gold eyeshadow I have found for everyday wear. It's pretty shimmery but it is very easy to build up or tone down depending on what type of look you are going for. On my more natural looking days I use this at the inner corner of my eyes to "wake me up"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Love this color- it works so well with my complexion. (I've got tan, Filipino skin.) Its a nice medium brown color with just the right amount of shimmer. I wear it all over my eyelid with MAC Embark in the crease. <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by leenie88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow and find myself relying on it a lot. I like wearing it both in the crease or on the lid. This brightens up my skin tone and my blue eyes. It is a beautiful light gold shade on me that is very shimmery. This is definitely one of my favorite eye shadows. The color is subtle, but stands out, and it lasts for a long time without creasing. Everything I need in an eyeshadow--and more!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Rotarian

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This frosty, pale gold shadow can be worn for a natural look or glammed up. I use a wet brush to apply. Stays on all day. Worth the $16 (even thought it is more than I usually spend). Got it at a store called Ulta so I was able to test the color first. Looks flawless. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2008 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JuhhAAY

I LOVE THIS EYESHADOW. it's so creamy and perfectly blendable with any other UD eyeshadow. i'ts a perfect gold for my skin, and i have slightly pale asian skin. it's perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by m1029

this is a beautiful pale gold. perfect for the day, its just shimmery enough! I love it!
the packagig is cute too :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2008 6:43:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

half baked is your quintessential gold shadow... its one that everyone should have in their makeup bag..

it is the perfect shade of gold... the right amount of shimmer with great pigmentation... just a very subtle, slight hint of peach to it... not glittery at all.. it can be used in gold looks, can be used as a wash, as a highlighter on your brow bone, or even a highlighter on your cheeks if youre going for a bronze sunkissed look..

it is the gold shadow i reach for most in my makeup collection, and between all the shadows (various brands) and mac pigments, i have a crap ton of gold colors to choose from... definitely a staple in my collection

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by anibee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have yet to find anything like it a perfect gold shade that adds a lot of pop on my fair olive completion.

Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Urban Decay Half Baked is a beautiful gold color. It pretty much looks the same in the pan as it does on my lids, so already this shade is a hit with me. I like the fact that the color was shimmery without having a glittery effect (like Midnight Cowboy), also fall out wasn't too big a problem (although I put shadow on first anyway).

Half Baked is a medium gold shade so on my skin it looks best paired with something else and on the inner portion of my eyelids or just on the eyelid itself. I am an AAB with fair skin. I totally agree with the reviewer below me - use a liner and WOW! I used Wet N Wild black liquid liner to complete my look.

Gold is tricky. I would buy this shade again since it has the qualities I like in a good gold. I am not sure but I am going to take a look at my Golden Retriever eyeshadow by Prestige since there initially appear to be some similiarity...to be continued...

UPDATE: Golden Retriever by Prestige is a darker gold compared to Half Baked by Urban Decay. Actually Half Baked makes Golden Retriever look much darker, if both were used side by side the Half Baked could help blend Golden Retriever out.