Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 8/11/2012 10:09:00 AM

I bought this foundation on a complete whim while in Walgreens (the newer pump version). I have been struggling with adult cystic acne for the past several months and have been desperate to find a foundation with moderate coverage that does NOT clog my pores. I have tried all the high-end products, some drugstore products... and although I liked some...I didn't LOVE them. They were either too dewy, too matte for my 35+ skin, clogged pores, drying etc.... So I saw this on sale and noticed the active ingredient is salicylic acid, figured that at least it shouldn't contribute to more breakouts. I wasn't expecting much at all for the $10.00 price tag and assumed it would end up in the bucket of "Oh- well" products. I first applied w/ a foundation brush and was surprised that the color didn't seem pinky, orangey...it was a real skin shade. The texture was smooth and once I covered my face, was pleasantly surprised by the effect. Moderate coverage, dried to a matte-ish finish (but not cakey for those with fine lines)...more of a satin finish. So I headed out the door for the day in 90 degree humidity, expecting major meltage. Surprised again!!! Although I'm not super oily, I definitely get that mid-day sheen... This foundation did not oxidize or melt off. Wooohoooo! A little teeny sheen at mid-day, yes...but no biggie. One blotting sheet and done. I am really impressed...I have an order on the way for MFE Matte foundation and may just return it as soon as it gets here :) Drugstore products have really upped their game in my eyes!!!!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I suffer from combination skin plus I'm also acne prone and have highly sensitive skin. I bought this because I read some reviews and deemed it to be pretty good and was also $8 at Walmart and $2 cheaper than Nuetrogena. Oh boy was I wrong. When I first used this foundation I was put off about how how oily and gross it felt on my skin. It was also June and humid so I figured it probably felt gross because the humidity. I stuck to it for about 3 more weeks. After 3 weeks I went from maybe having 5-6 pimples to having my face look like zitzilla. I had cystic acne and extremely clogged pores. It was some of the worse acne I had in awhile. Im still battling the clogged pores 2 months later. It also made my skin really oily and just gross feeling and felt cakey. I also realized it wasn't oil free. I'm giving this the extra star because it did provide good coverage. I immedietly switched back to my Nuetrogena Skin Clearing Foundation and saw immediete improvement in my skins health. I will spend the extra $2 because I dont want to look like a zit monster again...

on 7/28/2012 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have used this foundation for years. Great color match, staying power, looked natural, got compliments on my skin ... awesome foundation for me. I was happy to see they re-packaged it into a bottle with a pump ... even better. However the formula in my opinion is NOT the same. The color is off (seems a bit darker), it's thicker, and didn't look natural at all. I put this on and I immediately wanted to wash my face! It felt so tacky and gross! I gave it a go anyway and half way through the day it was gone. My mother-in-law (who has no problem expressing her opinion by the way lol) asked me what was wrong with my face ... so I know it wasn't just me! So now I am on the search for a new foundation :(

I am a teenager, and have been dealing with acne for years now. I have tried many different foundations to help conceal and possibly clear, and this one proved to be one of the worst. It contains acne healing medicine, which I think actually irritated my sensitive, acne-prone skin more than it already was. I do NOT recommend this product at all for people with acne-prone or sensitive skin. Steer clear!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This product contains salicylic acid that is supposed to clear existing acne and prevent breakouts. I bought the shade neutral- a light/medium shade and was disappointed to find that it had an orange undertone, not neutral at all! I like the pump application because it's hygienic and one or two pumps will cover your face. I thought the coverage was terrible and I had a hard time blending it in completely because it dries with a powder finish. Ugh! My face looked splotchy and orange upon application and the foundation was very irritating to my sensitive, acne-prone skin. After I washed it off, my skin was peeling and very red. Sometimes, this is a side effect of salicylic acid, so I continued to use the product for about a month after that to see if side effects improved, but no luck. It also broke my skin out in tiny whiteheads after a week of use--yuck!! I can't believe I used this as long as I did because it is torture for ones skin! Poor coverage and very drying, I would avoid this at all costs.

on 7/19/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This foundation would've been great for me...if they had my shade. I couldn't find a match. I originally got Sand 600, but I looked more pale than the rest of me. I tried to work with this foundation for a week or two and I'm pretty sure it didn't break me out, but I finally gave up. However, when I went to exchange for a darker shade, they all looked too light and much better suited for people with pink undertones, which I am not. I then decided to try TLC even though I hadn't read any reviews, but it is now my drugstore HG.
In the time I used it though, this is my experience:
I used a brush to apply and it seemed to be buildable. It also dried to a powdery texture so you didn't really need powder after. That's probably why it works better for oilier skin types. I only touched up once throughout the entire day when I used this. Overall, I did like this foundation, but I couldn't find a shade match.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What a disappointment. I thought this would be the perfect foundation because its directed towards oily- acne probe skin. Instead it GAVE me more zits! It was heavy on my skin but barely covered a single thing on my face. I found the colour selection to suck too. It was either light with a pinky colour or to orange. The only thing I liked about this product was the pump! But that wouldnt make me repurchase this! Never again.

on 7/8/2012 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

i used the shade neutrel and found this foundation too light for my NW35 skintone. I don't like the shade selection as their all pretty much for lighter skin tones. i used this for a week and instead of clearing up my skin, it made me breakout like crazy. i found this foundation really liquidy too. In terms of coverage, it gave me light to medium coverage. Now i'm going to need a new foundation to cover up my new acne scars...great...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I used to have lots of acne but now i dnt but left with lots of scarrs behind. There was some sale going on so i picked up both the almay Tlc foundation and this one to try. I love the Tlc much more than this one. I dont really care what the clear complexion claims to do with the blemishes. As for the foundation itself, looks heavier, was not lasting long as 8hrs. I still give it 4lippie cause i think for the price that we pay for, the quality of the foundation is quite nice, its just that i will defo recommend TLC better than this one if u are thinking about to try almay foundations for oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product started my moderate acne. Kind of ironic. I stopped using makeup on my face all together because it traumatized my skin so much.