July 28, 2014 | 1321 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have sensitive skin and get really bad razor irritation on my legs, from shaving. I have tried lotion after lotion to relieve the itching and rash, to no avail.And I wasn't going to give up shaving for anything! I finally had to go to the dermatologist after a bad bout. He recommended Amlactin. I was amazed at just how well it worked to relieve the itching and cleared up the razor bumps. It was like night and day. It also moisturizes really well and especially during the winter months when the air is so drying. it can be a bit sticky but for me, it's worth it. It's also pricey, but I found it in large sizes at my local costco for a great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by sassycolleen

I bought this product after reading the reviews. I bought this to use on my feet. This product is amazing. Like one reviewer mentioned, they haven't had their heels feel so soft since a child. I agree. My feet are so soft I can't believe they are mine. I have now started to use this on my entire body. It makes your skin bright and ridicoulsly smooth. There is a slight smell but it goes away quickly and it dries pretty quickly for such a rich product. As for the price, it is a bit more expensive than other drugstore brands (double the cost of Eucerin: 8.00 USD and Amlactin about 16.00 USD) but IT WORKS so I don't care about the extra cost. I am replacing my Eucerin body lotion for AmLactin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by Citruss

Great, great product.
I 've recently started using it after reading the reviews here for about three weeks now.
Small pea size amount on my finger and dot across my face and lighly spreading all over( avoiding the eyes and mouth area). I have sensitive, itchy, flakey and congested skin and this helps a lot. Plus portion of my upper arm. I don't have KP but do get psoriasis and it helps on those patches. I like natural things but, sometimes, natural products with jojoba oil, menthol, lavender oils can cause itch and irritation. This in a strange way seem very far from what I'd use and rather industrial feeling to it ;smell & packaging wise but, it works very well.

For me this is very moisturizing, skin surface texture improving( in a non irritating, resurfacing kinda way with lactic acid). And I prefer to only wear this at night by itself. During the day, I wear sunscreen for protection.
Plus as have been said by other reviewers, it works wonders for rough heels!

This is definitely one of those awesome no nonsense beauty finds for me and will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2008 6:49:00 PM More reviews by keumoak

I was running out of my giant >20oz bottle of vaseline healthy complexion body lotion with AHA. It was i think<$8 but could find it only at drugstore.com. I order 3 bottles and it lasts me a year. Well, drugstore.com doesn't carry it anymore so I searched for an inexpensive AHA body lotion and came across amlactin. The reviews were glowing but seem pricey about $16 for 8oz. One of the reviewers mentioned getting it at Costco. At Costco it was about $17 for 17.6oz and was offering $3 off til nov 3rd. I grabbed 3 bottles.
I have been using it about a week. It has a faint but distinctive ammonia smell which dissipates in about 30 min. It is also very sticky but it has been so far the most effective moisturizer I have ever used including aquaphor. It has done wonders for my heels and I have used dozens of products for them including buffing with metal foot filer on regular basis. My heels have not looked this good since I was a little kid. I also found it very effective as night time face lotion. I still keep the aquaphor for my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 1:15:00 AM More reviews by EnchantedOne

I've used this product on calouses on my fingers. It works well at diminishing them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've taken one lippie off because the smell of the acid in the cream is strong. But the 12% concentration is great for softening my rough feet. I like to apply this to my feet at night and let it soak in for a minute or two. I cover that with Nivea cream and some socks. My feet stay baby soft. I also use it on my elbows at night in the winter and it takes the flaky-rough feel away.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 11:07:00 PM More reviews by brooklynbee

Yes, it smells like glue and it's not very glamorous, but this lotion works really well on scaly skin, bumpy arms, rough patches, and ingrown hairs. For the price it can't be beat!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2008 12:44:00 AM More reviews by irresistiblepassion

i have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, calf, and basically all over my body but not to severe in these places (not red).

could someone tell me how much to use and how long it would be until i see results?

i think i get itchy from this lotion, but i am not sure yet. it might just be the kp. it doesn't smell that bad, it doesn't smell good but it is tolerable, so for those who are complaining about it...pretty sad.

how well does it work for the kp? no bumps/redness at all? or just diminished?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by englebert0

I bought this because I put a little on my hands while at Costco shopping. By the end of my shopping, my hands were so baby soft, that I had to buy it. So I looked it up on the internet and started reading about how much people loved it and tried it on my body first. Great for smoothing skin. But I also tried it on my chest and back, both of which break out terribly. I have very acne-prone, sensitive skin. I can't even wear scoop neck shirts because of acne and acne scarring. This has really helped clear it up. So I started putting it on my face because benzoyl peroxide products were causing my face to flake. Not only did this take the flakes away and smooth out my complexion. A little goes a long way, so I use about a dime size for my face and neck. I use this to moisturize night and day with no adverse effects and it keeps pimples at bay. Sure, it does smell a little like Elmer's Glue; however, who cares when it makes my skin beautiful from head to toe? And since so many people wonder the long-term benefits since so many tend to review days after first trying, I have been using this for over six months with the same bottle, so it's a fraction of the cost of department store treatments. And hey, if you tried it and didn't like it, Costco will take it back.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by vfer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Geez, this lotion works well, but I can't handle the smell or how it feels on my skin. On me, it smells like old diapers (must be the AMMONIUM hydroxide). A very sour, unpleasant odor that doesn't seem to go away. After applying, it doesn't sink in. It leaves my skin feeling sticky and almost waxy. Yuck!UPDATE (4/09): I'm giving it another try, but the smell and the texture are still offensive. I've been reading about Aqua Glycolic body lotion and might give that a try next. continued >>