AmLactin 12%

4.3

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose

on 1/21/2009 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Amlactin 12% moisturizing creme a few nights ago at Walgreens. I have had KP for my entire life. It got better when I was about 16, but I'm 23 now, I just had a baby, and my KP looks worse than ever before.
I (like most KP sufferers) desperately try to improve my KP, but I'm used to being disappointed and penniless after purchasing products that don't work or seem to make my KP look worse.
So far, I have applied this creme two-three times daily. Immediately after applying it, my KP looks a bit redder than it did pre-application, but after a few hours my red polka dots look smaller, lighter, and certainly are smoother in texture.
This is the most promising product I have ever used. I am going to continue it twice daily until I run out, and if this progress continues, I think we may have found the best KP solution there is!

on 1/5/2009 11:36:00 AM

I bought the cream on a whim (because it's so spendy) and after reading the reviews here. I've been using Am Lactin cream on my face after my night time cleansing for about 3-4 months. It's sooo helped with the breakouts! I wish I had known about this cream years ago. It's worked wonders. Every now and then I still use BP 2.5% in a small amt over stubborn spots but overall I'm so excited this is working for me. The smell when first applied is a little ammonia-ish but fades away quickly. Also, sometimes it will sting if I've been too aggressive when washing my face but I use Vitamin E oil for moisturizing after.

As a little bonus it works nicely on dry cuticles and dry feet. All around great cream.

on 12/30/2008 2:45:00 AM

this product is amazing! my skin is usually so dry and rough, especially my heels and hands, and also on the backs of my arms (KP). i started using this a few days ago and already i feel a noticeable difference in how my skin feels! not sure if it will have a huge impact on the KP, but so far it feels great!

i bought the lotion at costco (on sale for 13.99) and the cream from CVS (for 6.50, on sale from 12.99).

on 12/2/2008 11:14:00 AM

I have sensitive skin and get really bad razor irritation on my legs, from shaving. I have tried lotion after lotion to relieve the itching and rash, to no avail.And I wasn't going to give up shaving for anything! I finally had to go to the dermatologist after a bad bout. He recommended Amlactin. I was amazed at just how well it worked to relieve the itching and cleared up the razor bumps. It was like night and day. It also moisturizes really well and especially during the winter months when the air is so drying. it can be a bit sticky but for me, it's worth it. It's also pricey, but I found it in large sizes at my local costco for a great price!

on 11/28/2008 2:25:00 PM

I bought this product after reading the reviews. I bought this to use on my feet. This product is amazing. Like one reviewer mentioned, they haven't had their heels feel so soft since a child. I agree. My feet are so soft I can't believe they are mine. I have now started to use this on my entire body. It makes your skin bright and ridicoulsly smooth. There is a slight smell but it goes away quickly and it dries pretty quickly for such a rich product. As for the price, it is a bit more expensive than other drugstore brands (double the cost of Eucerin: 8.00 USD and Amlactin about 16.00 USD) but IT WORKS so I don't care about the extra cost. I am replacing my Eucerin body lotion for AmLactin.

on 11/9/2008 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great, great product.
I 've recently started using it after reading the reviews here for about three weeks now.
Small pea size amount on my finger and dot across my face and lighly spreading all over( avoiding the eyes and mouth area). I have sensitive, itchy, flakey and congested skin and this helps a lot. Plus portion of my upper arm. I don't have KP but do get psoriasis and it helps on those patches. I like natural things but, sometimes, natural products with jojoba oil, menthol, lavender oils can cause itch and irritation. This in a strange way seem very far from what I'd use and rather industrial feeling to it ;smell & packaging wise but, it works very well.

For me this is very moisturizing, skin surface texture improving( in a non irritating, resurfacing kinda way with lactic acid). And I prefer to only wear this at night by itself. During the day, I wear sunscreen for protection.
Plus as have been said by other reviewers, it works wonders for rough heels!

This is definitely one of those awesome no nonsense beauty finds for me and will buy again!

on 10/24/2008 6:49:00 PM

I was running out of my giant >20oz bottle of vaseline healthy complexion body lotion with AHA. It was i think<$8 but could find it only at drugstore.com. I order 3 bottles and it lasts me a year. Well, drugstore.com doesn't carry it anymore so I searched for an inexpensive AHA body lotion and came across amlactin. The reviews were glowing but seem pricey about $16 for 8oz. One of the reviewers mentioned getting it at Costco. At Costco it was about $17 for 17.6oz and was offering $3 off til nov 3rd. I grabbed 3 bottles.
I have been using it about a week. It has a faint but distinctive ammonia smell which dissipates in about 30 min. It is also very sticky but it has been so far the most effective moisturizer I have ever used including aquaphor. It has done wonders for my heels and I have used dozens of products for them including buffing with metal foot filer on regular basis. My heels have not looked this good since I was a little kid. I also found it very effective as night time face lotion. I still keep the aquaphor for my lips.

on 8/25/2008 1:15:00 AM

I've used this product on calouses on my fingers. It works well at diminishing them.

on 8/23/2008 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I've taken one lippie off because the smell of the acid in the cream is strong. But the 12% concentration is great for softening my rough feet. I like to apply this to my feet at night and let it soak in for a minute or two. I cover that with Nivea cream and some socks. My feet stay baby soft. I also use it on my elbows at night in the winter and it takes the flaky-rough feel away.

on 7/29/2008 11:07:00 PM

Yes, it smells like glue and it's not very glamorous, but this lotion works really well on scaly skin, bumpy arms, rough patches, and ingrown hairs. For the price it can't be beat!!