AmLactin 12%

4.3

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really slather this all over my body! It's a very good exfoliant, but not as good as Paula's choice Glycolic acid lotion for the body. I subtracted a lippy because it's weirdly fragranced and rather thin, even in the tube version.

I used this years ago, and stopped because it got to be a little $$ for nice skin. I turned to Gold Bond or something equally ugly and utilitarian. It's winter in New England now, and my calves are scaly (gross, I know!), my arms are bumpy (KP?? maybe), and my skin in general would be tight and flaky. To combat this, I'd just pile on more lotion. Finally made the switch back to amlactin and wowza!! Missing out!!! I've been using it for almost three weeks, and my skin is SMOOTH everywhere! But not the just-put-on-lotion-smooth. It feels like NEW skin, thanks to the exfoliation from lactic acid. yayay!! Sure it smells a little, but it's a very small price to pay...

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

HG, HG, HG!

I bought this to get ride of razor bumps on my legs, but ended up using it as a night time moisturiser on MUA recs (thanks girls!). I am 29, with normal to oily skin with some clogged pores in the T zone. And occassional hormonal pimples.

This lotion exfoliates amazingly well without drying out my skin. I like this much better than glycolic acid, which stung too much. I've been using this about three times a week (alternate with eluage) for a month. My skin is smooth, hydrated and clear in the mornings. I live in a tropical climate. This is not too oily if I use just a pea-size amount.

In the mornings, I use a Japanese sunblock enriched with zinc/titanium dioxide, and my skin looks great. Try it! If you don't like it, can always use on your legs and feet.

Thanks for introducing me to this product MUA! My skin was SO dry in winter and it was constantly itchy. None of my lotions could relieve the itchiness. This really helped moisturize my skin. It's a much better buy at Costco b/c you get a way bigger bottle for the same price as a smaller bottle at the drugstore.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought Amlactin 12% moisturizing creme a few nights ago at Walgreens. I have had KP for my entire life. It got better when I was about 16, but I'm 23 now, I just had a baby, and my KP looks worse than ever before.
I (like most KP sufferers) desperately try to improve my KP, but I'm used to being disappointed and penniless after purchasing products that don't work or seem to make my KP look worse.
So far, I have applied this creme two-three times daily. Immediately after applying it, my KP looks a bit redder than it did pre-application, but after a few hours my red polka dots look smaller, lighter, and certainly are smoother in texture.
This is the most promising product I have ever used. I am going to continue it twice daily until I run out, and if this progress continues, I think we may have found the best KP solution there is!

I bought the cream on a whim (because it's so spendy) and after reading the reviews here. I've been using Am Lactin cream on my face after my night time cleansing for about 3-4 months. It's sooo helped with the breakouts! I wish I had known about this cream years ago. It's worked wonders. Every now and then I still use BP 2.5% in a small amt over stubborn spots but overall I'm so excited this is working for me. The smell when first applied is a little ammonia-ish but fades away quickly. Also, sometimes it will sting if I've been too aggressive when washing my face but I use Vitamin E oil for moisturizing after.

As a little bonus it works nicely on dry cuticles and dry feet. All around great cream.

this product is amazing! my skin is usually so dry and rough, especially my heels and hands, and also on the backs of my arms (KP). i started using this a few days ago and already i feel a noticeable difference in how my skin feels! not sure if it will have a huge impact on the KP, but so far it feels great!

i bought the lotion at costco (on sale for 13.99) and the cream from CVS (for 6.50, on sale from 12.99).

I have sensitive skin and get really bad razor irritation on my legs, from shaving. I have tried lotion after lotion to relieve the itching and rash, to no avail.And I wasn't going to give up shaving for anything! I finally had to go to the dermatologist after a bad bout. He recommended Amlactin. I was amazed at just how well it worked to relieve the itching and cleared up the razor bumps. It was like night and day. It also moisturizes really well and especially during the winter months when the air is so drying. it can be a bit sticky but for me, it's worth it. It's also pricey, but I found it in large sizes at my local costco for a great price!

I bought this product after reading the reviews. I bought this to use on my feet. This product is amazing. Like one reviewer mentioned, they haven't had their heels feel so soft since a child. I agree. My feet are so soft I can't believe they are mine. I have now started to use this on my entire body. It makes your skin bright and ridicoulsly smooth. There is a slight smell but it goes away quickly and it dries pretty quickly for such a rich product. As for the price, it is a bit more expensive than other drugstore brands (double the cost of Eucerin: 8.00 USD and Amlactin about 16.00 USD) but IT WORKS so I don't care about the extra cost. I am replacing my Eucerin body lotion for AmLactin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Great, great product.
I 've recently started using it after reading the reviews here for about three weeks now.
Small pea size amount on my finger and dot across my face and lighly spreading all over( avoiding the eyes and mouth area). I have sensitive, itchy, flakey and congested skin and this helps a lot. Plus portion of my upper arm. I don't have KP but do get psoriasis and it helps on those patches. I like natural things but, sometimes, natural products with jojoba oil, menthol, lavender oils can cause itch and irritation. This in a strange way seem very far from what I'd use and rather industrial feeling to it ;smell & packaging wise but, it works very well.

For me this is very moisturizing, skin surface texture improving( in a non irritating, resurfacing kinda way with lactic acid). And I prefer to only wear this at night by itself. During the day, I wear sunscreen for protection.
Plus as have been said by other reviewers, it works wonders for rough heels!

This is definitely one of those awesome no nonsense beauty finds for me and will buy again!