April 21, 2014 | 1884 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I gave this one a try after getting the suggestion that using a liquid foundation is a better option for covering under eye circles and skin imperfections than a concealer.

First the pros:

- it really does blend amazingly well
- shade matches my skin tone perfectly (I'm a W3)
- is lightweight
- does not irritate or cause breakouts
- covers well
- lasts a long time

Now the cons:

- even though it's oil free my skin still has mad shine
- it requires a few layers before full coverage is achieved
- very runny and can flow out too quick from the bottle
- packaging could be better, the screw on cap bottle can get messy

Overall this is a good makeup pick and I find that my face overall looks a lot more even using this foundation than it did when I used concealer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is definitely my go to drugstore foundation. Its easily blended. I like that it's not too thick but provides pretty good coverage. I use a foundation brush and it works great with that. I don't like to over aggravate my skin with buffing brushes so I prefer something to just spread it evenly on top of the skin instead of into the skin.

I so have one issue with this foundation though. I cannot find a shade that matches my natural skin tone. w4 matches pretty good when I'm fake tanned but I get too lazy to use it and most of the time I'm my unbronzed self. I've tried w2 which is way to light, w3 is somehow way too pinky. I have pretty strong yellow undertones, I feel that w3 would be perfect if the undertone was more yellow. I've since bought a 3 oz sneezy tube travel bottle to try and mix a perfect match. Right now I have w2, w3, w4 all mixed into one. It's pretty close but I think I'm gonna try mixing w1 and w4 next time around.

With that said, I do wish this did come in my perfect shade but in my local rite aid l'oreal products are occasionally buy one get one 50% off so I stock up when I can and it's much more economical than spending $50 on a bottle of foundation. I think it is very comparable to some high end foundations that I have.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I used to love this foundation and it worked for me last year but since trying it again recently I really haven't been liking it. I find it to be very liquidy so when I put it on I have to wait a while before doing anything otherwise it just rubs off straight away. I don't know whether it's my skin or not but then after a few hours my face looks soooo cakey. I've tried using it with a beauty blender, expert face brush, foundation brush but it hasn't been working. The good things about it is the colour range so I have a perfect match. It can also be quite a full coverage foundation which is why I initially liked it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hannahn631

I used this product throughout high school and loved it. Decided to buy again after seeing a recommendation on YouTube, and am loving it! It is easy to blend with a brush, and can range from light to heavy coverage depending on how much you use. Great colour match and doesn't feel too heavy on the skin. The new pump packaging is much easier to use than the old glass bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 8:18:00 AM More reviews by Hoofy

I love this foundation!!! After doing a lot of research on the best cheap foundations I decided to try this one. So glad I did. I bought W3 colour which is not too pink or yellow for my skin tone. I have tried so many expensive foundations that didn't compliment my skin and this one is a perfect match. It blends beautifully and stays on for the majority of the day. Will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's one of my HG foundations! My shade's W4. This foundation is so lighweight, but yet buildible to full coverage without looking the least bit cakey! It lasts whole day on me, and sometimes I don't even use concealer over it! I bought this after seeing beauty gurus raving how it is similar to MAC Prolongwear, but in fact it's even better! I'm not sure if there is any difference between this foundation, as it comes in different packages, but after looking at review I guess there might be so the one I buy is this, if it helps - https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJwzVb4db6yxMGPXcRW84ZMLbbOrTClPvJ5vYcLTvgfzXPk7m2Yg

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had high hopes for this foundation as I had seen it recommended by a makeup artist on YouTube. I do agree that there are a good range of colours in this foundation but the liquid sits on top of my skin and sinks into my pores leaving a heavy makeup look. It is not very blendable and it does not last very long. I do not recommend this foundation and I will not be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. I have had lots of compliments on it!

It felt strange the first time I put it on - I thought the coverage would be too sheer because it felt very light. Instead, as it dries, it looks almost like a powder, without making my skin feel powdery or cakey. I love the matte finish and will definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Decided to try this product out after heaps of makeup gurus on youtube were raving about it. I got the foundation in the colour W4, it matches perfectly with my fake tan. This product is about medium coverage id say, but the color is verrrry intense. Its defiantly does the job, its one of my go-to foundations, great price, one thing i HATE about this foundation tho is the bottle, i live in canada and i dont think we have the ones with the pump, only the true match lumi comes with the pump around here, the originally true match comes in a small little glass bottle with a twist off lid, reason why i dont like this is because product pours out if your not carful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Since Neutrogena discontinued Healthy Defense Sheer makeup w/SPF30 (jerks), I have been searching for a foundation to match my pale, pale skin... and L'Oreal's True Match in N2 is fabulous... perfect coverage, great texture, great wear. I have to admit that I'm addicted to Smashbox's Photo Finish primer, so that might be helping this along, but I have also used it without and it still lasts and lasts. Now, if they would just add an SPF to it... For the price, and thanks to the testers, it's my new fave foundation.