October 25, 2014 | 1947 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Gardenia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2004 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really adore this perfume. It's a lot like Kate Spade's limited edition Classic Pearls, in that it makes you feel like you're sticking your head into a bouquet of very fresh white flowers. The scent is quite enchanting and ethereal, without being heady or stuffy. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2004 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Sarita360

It is nice, not great, just nice. I ♥ gardenias, and I gave myself a healthy spray on the wrist and...nothing. There was a hint of the creamy, warm true gardenia I've been looking for, but just a hint and it disappeared in 15 minutes leaving a nice-ish floral, but definitely not what I was looking for. Not worth the $$$ IMO. I get a better gardenia from Victoria's Secret Halo (even the body splash has more gardenia than this!). I am so diasappointed. Oh well, at least I tried it. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2004 12:56:00 PM More reviews by rarebird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not a fan of gardenia scents, not even from the actual flower. Got this as a sample, and add it to the list of Chanel fragrances I wanted, even willed myself to like, but just don't.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2004 5:53:00 AM More reviews by SMELLMENOW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE TYPE OF FRAGRANCE THAT YOU HAVE TO SMELL YOUR WRIST 10 TIMES TO SEE IF IT'S ACTUALLY THERE, BY THE 11TH TIME YOU FIGURE YOU JUST SPRAYED WATER.THE LITTLE THAT YOU SMELL GOES AWAY IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES. It smells very synthetic also, AND NO GARDENIA WHATSOEVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2004 4:07:00 PM More reviews by JoWallace

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lest I be labeled a perfume malcontent I will write a review of praise for Chanel Gardènia. What a beautiful floral fragrance! It starts out heady but quickly softers to warm yet bright scent, with a little bit of gardenia peeking out from under the jasmine's top note. It's not faux aquatic like Marc Jacobs, nor does it linger heavily as Mike Kors does. Chanel Gardenia opens into a complex, slighty vanilla-tinged glorious and living bloom.

I have both the EdT and the parfum. The parfum is much gentler and softer than the EdT and well worth the extra money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2004 10:39:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Is the Gardenia available in stores now really the same fragrance that Chanel came out with in the 20s? I have to wonder. The current Gardenia smells just like the scent of a fresh garden wafting on a light breeze...beautiful, but not the kind of scent I associate with turn-of-the-century scents.

Anyway, I suppose it doesn't really matter. Love it. 5 out of 5. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2004 5:38:00 PM More reviews by coley

sine i love marc jacobs and a few other gardenia scents and so many people raved about this. it smelled old-ladyish on me and smelled more like jasmine than gardenia. i'll stick w/ mj.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2004 9:47:00 AM More reviews by chic_happens

Love, love, love this fragrance! That cheap, synthetic, cloying crap from Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors doesn't hold a candle to this Gardenia (which apparently, isn't true gardenia, but smells just like it). It's fresh, light, just beautiful. I only with it lasted a bit longer, but then again I did scoop up the EDT on impulse when I was finally able to find it. I'm on the hunt for the parfum now...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2004 12:30:00 AM More reviews by abbot555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Finally, a Chanel scent that doesn't resemble DEET!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2004 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Aliana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's not REAL gardenia. When Ernest Beaux created Gardenia in the 20's, gardenia was too expensive to be shipped from Asia to Europe and made it almost impossible to be used in any perfume then. So Ernest Beaux basically created the scent Gardenia by mixing narcissus, jasmine, violet, May rose with a hint of coconut, and used vanilla in its base note. On me, the most predominant scent is violet, then jasmine. It's a pretty floral scent, quite refreshing and light, not cloying at all. I really enjoy wearing this elegant perfume in the spring time and hopefully I'll have the chance to try parfum in the future.