October 25, 2014 | 1552 users online

Cleansers - Noxzema - Original Skin Cream

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:53:00 AM More reviews by cher60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using noxema to cleanse my face ever since I was a teenager, I have just turned 60 and will continue. The only thing I use to clean my face is your product and will not use anything else. It leaves your skin feeling wonderfully soft and clean. I may have a few lines and wrinkles but compared to a lot of my friends my skin in beautiful, thanks

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by cutelilram

I was on the fence about buying this product. I used it a couple of times when I was in high school and thought it was OK. But I don't have a lot of money to spend on skin care and makeup, so I decided to try it again and I really like it. It cleans well and doesn't make my face feel tight and dry. I will buy again when this tub runs out but that may take awhile since you don't need a lot of product to wash.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by delectante

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty amazing I have to say. I started using this in September at the beginning of school and have continued using it every day since then; I am on my second tub now. It makes my skin feel cool, tingly, and clean when it is first applied and being rinsed off my face. I like to massage it gently into the skin, though I sometimes use a brush or pumice stone for a more intense exfoliation. (Said intense exfoliation only happens once or twice a week.) After the product is washed off, I follow with an Oxy cleansing pad with salicylic acid just to make sure everything from the Noxzema side is off and then a moisturizer with SPF/lotion from VS or BBW if I know I shall be indoors. And voila! My face is left feeling so soft and fresh! I used to have mild to moderate acne, but this daily regiment has cleared everything up.

Additionally, since Noxzema softens my skin so much, I also use it if I have to wear a strapless dress. A week before the event, during a shower, I slather a fair amount in and around the shoulders and upper arms to result in a silky smooth and soft décolletage; with your scented lotion of choice, you have great, fragranced, velvety skin. Works like a charm. Plus, it is a great shaving cream as well. I can not really comment on its efficacy as a make-up remover, and I join the minority who say that they like the minty, vaguely medicinal smell. Regardless, I consider this an HG for me with respect to skin care. I have no complaints about the price nor its packaging. I find the tub amusing—reminds me of kindergarten. Totally worth a try I think.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by birdybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been using this steadily for years. I mainly use it to wash my face in the mornings before doing my makeup and use a different cleanser in the evening.

I've never had a problem with Noxema drying out my face or causing any breakouts. It always makes my skin feel soft and clean. I'll be using this for many years to come, I'm sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by piratelass87

This and the liquid Purpose are the only things I will ever use as cleansers on my face. For starters my mother has used this since she was a teenager and at 46 she has the most gorgeous skin. Also, my skin is pretty basically combination. Oily in some areas but drier on my cheeks. While it is dryer in the winter it is very oily/blemish prone in the summer. I love using this in the summer because it cuts through the oil and makeup on my skin like nothing else. The tingly feeling caused by the menthol and camphor makes my skin feel so clean, and in the summer I kind of like the tight feeling it gives my skin. I usually follow up with witch hazel as a toner and an anti aging moisturizer so it does not dry my skin out. And I can still use this in the winter, not as often but I really like it if for some reason I fell asleep with my makeup on ((Usually after girls night out lol)) and when I do the same tone and moisturize routine my skin doesn't dry out. It never causes me to break out and even clears up my blemishes when I get them. I can usually find this for around 3 dollars for a tub so the price is fantastic, I just wish I could find this in a pump with this exact formula. I know they make one with a pump but it is too liquidy and frankly, I hate it. But the original formula in the tub I would reccomend to anyone.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by alexis789

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My aunt suggested this product to me, as she has been using it for years. It seemed to be helping the first couple of washes, but then it began to make my skin kind of dry, with some really rough patches. The smell was also very strong, it made me hate washing my face. I wouldn't buy it again or suggest it to friends

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by heavyboots

I use this in the morning when Benzoyl peroxide has really made my face super flaky and itchy. It feels really nice massaged in and leaves my skin smooth for makeup application. I don't mind the tub because my hands are always clean when I'm washing my face. The only reason I would not repurchase is because I use it so infrequently and I my go-to is Murad Clarifying Cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by happifayce

I use this every night. It doesn't get all the makeup off, because after I use this I use an astringent, and there's a lot of makeup on my cotton pad. This is so refreshing. It keeps my skin clear and looking great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Gretchen76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I remember my mother using Noxzema on us kids when we were young as a cure for sunburn. She would have us slather ourselves in it and sit in front of our one large fan in our non air-conditioned apartment. It was always a staple in our house. Last night I was out and had a little too much of drinky-drink and woke up today with my face feeling like a giant greaseball. When I got home I dug out my good ole Noxzema and proceeded to clean my face- it was the best! My skin felt clean and tingly all over! Now I wonder why I have it hidden away and don't use this daily-will have to remedy this immediately!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 11:25:00 PM More reviews by tinytim113

There's a reason why Noxzema has been around forever! This cream cleanser is such a classic- as much as I've tried to steer away and try other cleansers (high-end and drugstore), I keep going back to Noxzema. I love that it has menthol in it, which makes your skin feel tingly clean and fresh. I use it with my Clarisonic and each time I dry my face, my skin is happy. Can't be beat, especially for the price.