Rimmel Lasting Finish - Airy Fairy

3.9

I've had this lipstick for months and I still don't know how I feel about it. I think the color is a bit odd actually. Pretty, but odd. The color is a cool-toned nude-mauve color, but it has a gold shimmer in it which is ideal for warm tones. Maybe I'm just being picky but I find that strange. It goes on very creamy and lasts quite a while. The shimmer does emphasize fine lines, so you'll want to keep your lips in very good condition to wear this. It smells like...makeup. Not too bothersome. I probably won't repurchase, but I'll continue to use this every once in a while.

on 1/19/2012 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The color of this is soo beautiful! What a lovely light pink nudey color. Its a muted light cool pink that is very subtle and has a beautiful slightly goldish sheen to it. This lippie gives you that polished look but very natural at the same time. Love the color, I don't know if I would buy again since the staying power with this is annoying me. I feel like my lips only look nice for a short time :(

on 1/17/2012 6:50:00 PM

I just discovered this lipstick yesterday!! and so far IM inlove.. the smell is amazing.. it keeps my lips moisturized and best of all the color is gorgeous on my med/tan skin tone!

on 1/16/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is a very hyped product which i why even though it is discontinued in Australia i ordered it online to try it.
it's a pretty colour but not my favourite, there is a ever so slight frostyness to it that i'm not fond of.
formula is ok but i prefer the moisture renew line better.
packaging is fairly sturdy, nothing spectacular.
the smell doesn't bother me at all.
price is ok.
i do wear this regular as i like to switch up my makeup.

on 1/11/2012 3:05:00 AM

I was eager to try this after seeing so many rave reviews, but the color was wrong for my skin tone and washed me out completely. Not for me!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is one of first lipsticks that I have ever tried. .It's a pinky nude which is a great beginning color as everyone needs a nude lipstick. It does not settle into the fine lines of the lips like the nyx lipsticks do.I thought since everyone on youtube loves this lipstick I would give it a whirl. it took me 6 stores to find one that had it in stock( that should tell you about this products popularity).This was well worth the 5 dollars I paid.The top isn't the tightest so I wouldn't recommend having it bouncing around in your purse.
The only downer I can think of is the smell I don't mind it but some might it has a sweet kind orange crush smell.If you are sensitive to smells rimmel lipsticks might not be for you as all 3 I own smell similiar.

on 1/10/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick lives up to all the hype on MUA! The color of Airy Fairy has already been described perfectly by reviewers, so I won't go into the color description here. I wanted to buy it not only because of all the rave reviews, but because it is supposed to be an exact dupe for MAC's Angel. Other than the usual complaints I have with Rimmel lipsticks about the unpleasant scent and the lid that keeps falling off in my purse, I love this lipstick. I do think it is a little drying though, so I like to top it off with my Nars gloss in Chelsea girls to add moisture and staying power. This is my favorite Rimmel lipstick and I will probably buy some back ups because I will be using it often!

on 1/6/2012 2:47:00 AM

I love the color, but hate the golden frost, even though it's pretty subtle, because if it wasn't there this would be a perfect natural pink on me. It last about as long as any other lipstick, and is all around a good lipstick, but... the smell... I just can't stand it.

on 12/27/2011 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'd heard so much about this color but it's completely and totally wrong on me. The shade is a nice nude, and the golden shimmer is pretty. I do think it would be lovely on warmer-toned girls, but on me it looks a little dirty and orange. I'm very fair and cool-toned so finding a nice subtle shade can be difficult. There's something a little off about the texture as well; I moisturize daily with Jack Black balm but it still clings to lines and imperfections. No matter how lightly I applied it, it looked cakey and thick even after blending it with my finger and a little balm. The last straw, though, was the smell--absolutely horrid, to me it smells quite cheap like a fruity "play" makeup set. Ick. I was disappointed to find that the scent didn't wear off or fade; maybe I'm just sensitive to the scent but it gave me a headache. The price is right, though.

Looks great, definitely a nice pink colour on me. Buuut, not a huge fan of the smell... it makes me feel sick.

Recommended for Medium Skin