October 20, 2014 | 1704 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Retro Matte - Ruby Woo

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favorite red lipstick. The color is just absolutely amazing and I love the matte finish. It makes my lips look plumper even without overdrawing my lips. I use it with NYX lip pencil in Hot Red and find that the color lasts all night and doesn't transfer to my wine glass etc. The formula is quite drying, but it is a matte lipstick--even more matte than my other MAC matte lipsticks--but I think the effect is definitely worth it. Just use a lip scrub before applying to make sure your lips aren't flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by bacasuso

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ruby Woo, how I love you.

This is a very Matte blue-red lipstick. I say VERY matte because realistically, its as matte as they come- a very old school style lipstick. It's not the easiest to apply straight out of the tube, but a lip brush cures most evils in the application. I recommend exfoliating your lips before you put it on, then a light balm followed by lip liner for the best easy application. This stuff stays where you put it, so be careful when you apply it, and you will be rewarded with the ultimate red lip that does not budge.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2013 3:06:00 AM More reviews by payjark

I don't use this as much as Russian Red but it really gives my lips a nice pop! It dries my lips out though which is a huge con...if it didn't, I would wear this a lot more.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Cindy9292

By farthest the best lipstick I've hAd! Brings out your face like no other!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by legend86

In LOVE with this lipstick! I have finally found a lip product that doesn't transfer. I am a bit late hopping on the Ruby Woo bandwagon but so glad that I finally did it! Usually when I wear red lipsticks or stains they leave a horrible, messy red trail everywhere, but I can happily drink through a straw or eat a meal and not leave a red lip shaped signature behind. I personally didn't find this product to "dry-out" my lips but I do exfoliate and moisturise my lips so I guess that always helps! I only reapplied the lipstick once because I just finished a meal and I wanted the lip colour to pop a bit more but to be honest I could have left it as it was, but the colour is to die for so I just couldn't resist! I can see this lipstick lasting me a very long time! Also used it with Mac Cherry Lip Liner which I think is the perfect match! Love Love LOVE!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by feelalivefreeyourself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product, the color and the packaging, the $15 dollars spent on it was worth it. It's a beautiful color, and I always get complimented on it without fail. The only downside to this product is that it is the most drying thing I have ever put on my lips. Put on chapstick or a lip balm or something because if you don't, you will suffer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:19:00 AM More reviews by Anonzieh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ruby woo is a cult favorite lipstick and loved by many, this colour is the perfect bright red lipstick it helps my channel my inner marilyn monroe it is very very drying and i have to exfoliate and put balm on my lips before i can even attempt to put this on as i would highlight any bit of dry skin you have on your lips it having said that it is such a beautiful bright red it does takes a couple coats for this to be full opaque however it is truly a beautiful color and looks beautiful on every skin tone this is one lipstick i always have in my make up this is my staple red and looks beautiful on my nc45 skin i found it lasted up to 5 hours on my lips before i needed to reapply

for the people who are on the fence about this lipstick it is so worth the gamble!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Missconsistency

Ruby woo was my first ever choice of Mac lipstick. Then i started evaluating to Peachstock, Snob, Saint Germaint, and Pink Noveau. I had collected them all. The only shade i managed to use up 3 full tubes of within a matter of months was Snob. Other than that i gave the rest away as i started noticing Wet N Wild actually had figured out to master the Mac lip formula and lip shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 7:43:00 AM More reviews by moxious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was turned onto Ruby Woo after lamenting endlessly to a salesperson that I could never find the Perfect Red Lipstick. Too orange, too blue, too dull, too shiny - the list goes on forever! What the hell, I think, I'll give this one a try. Let me tell you, I should probably go back and marry that salesperson.

Now, I'm very pale with warm undertones, and the colour sits perfect with my complexion. I've pulled it off with fire engine red hair, black hair, blonde hair and purple hair, so I'm going to hazard a guess and say just about any hair colour could make it work. This is a real screen siren red, guaranteed to make people look and bring in a few compliments about your impeccable taste in lipstick. It also smells like dreams in a tube.

Take note, it is TRUE matte lipstick - there is not a hint of shine whatsoever, and as someone who hates sparkly, sticky mouth, that is more exciting than finding twenty bucks in a winter coat. It does go on very dry from the tube. I apply it with a lip brush instead, and I've never really had a problem with it drying my lips out - except in winter, when everything's dry. I just put a little bit of lip balm on, finish the rest of my make up, and pop on my Ruby Woo. Goes on like a dream, wouldn't come off in a hurricane.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Izzymakeupx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Such a gorgeous colour. My first ever MAC lipstick, so it'll always have a place in my heart :')

PROS:
Honestly and truly matte
Really flattering shade of red
Lasts through anything
Sleek MAC packaging, always a win
Smells like all the happiness in the world

CONS:
Extremely dry, wear a balm or you will suffer