October 25, 2014 | 1789 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by tiara85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

BEST mascara ever! It thickens, lifts and separates all at once for me and doesn't dry out too fast either!

Best part is that is doesn't smudge a bit. I used to use hypnose and I had wee panda eyes by midday :)

It's 100% fragrance free and allergy tested and comes in waterproof!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a mascara junkie, this one has remained a permanent in my collection. It's a dependable mascara that gives me what it what it says it's going to do.But then it falls apart. I have blonde, short lashes that need all the help they can get. This has to be one of the easiest ways to give my lashes a boost without any clumping or spider effect right out of the tube and minimal applications. It's that easy. It's also a lighter black that isn't too dark and appears very natural.
I have difficulty using it on my lower lashes. For some reason, it hits my lashes but also leaves a lot of mascara that I have to clean up with a q-tip. I use E.L.F.'s Mascara Shadow Shield or I'd have a huge mess on my lower lid area. It's very unwieldy for me.
When I apply most mascaras, I always have to use quite a few layers to achieve the desired effect. Since my lashes are so short and blonde, it takes me time to make a mascara look natural. With this version from Clinique, I only have to apply a few coats and my lashes are fuller, darker and longer. I don't experience any clumping, either. It does leave my lashes soft and touchable, but if I touch them, more flaking and smudging occurs than usual.
I don't find the mascara to be wet, but more on the drier side and very easy to work with. It doesn't dry out in the tube and lasts for quite some time. The brush isn't saturated with the mascara either, as the ring around the lid of the mascara evenly distributes it correctly.
I do find that it flakes ever so slightly tho and also, there is some smudging leaving me with blackened eyes that I have to clean with a q-tip.
To sum this mascara up, it starts off looking good, making my lashes look fuller, but as the day progresses, it seems to fall apart at the seams. It has its good points and its bad points. If I wanted to use a sealer on it, that would take care of the flaking and smudging, but that's adding another product to it.
Because it does add volume and make my lashes look fuller, it is a mascara that I'll use with a sealer of some sort. I don't have to play around with it to get the look I want. It's dependable that way. It's the clean-up during usage that I don't like. It can be messy during the day, so carry around q-tips.
I much prefer Clinique's High Impact Extreme Volume version to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I am very impressed with this mascara. I used to use Clinique mascaras years ago, but I found they smudged on me. I was given a sample at Sephora and was very surprised. The SA said that they had changed their formulation. My eyes are sensitive and I have allergies at this time of year, so my eyes are watery. Despite that, no smudges - but was easily removed with eye makeup remover.

I am a mascara junkie. I have never found any one mascara that does it all for me. I always layer it. This is becoming my final - volume adding mascara. As it stands now, my combo is:
Lancome Oscillating Primer
Lancome Oscillating Mascara
Clinique High Impact.

So far this is a winning combination. The Lancome Oscillating mascara does a great job of lengthening and separating the lashes. The Clinique adds the volume that I like.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know about "high impact" (maybe in Clinique terms), but a decent mascara. My lashes aren't terribly picky and this gets the job done, but I've never been in love with or wowed by the results.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2013 9:11:00 PM More reviews by yoyolanda

ZzZzZ. Next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Truly vamps up my lashes giving in the ultimate pump up. One of my favorite mascaras. I occasionally splurge on mascara when i feel that my lashes are brittle and are seeking extra attention. With just a few coats my eyes lashes feel hydrated, thicker, and longer (there are very few mascaras that do all 3 of these things)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like big "BANG" lashes and this doesn't give me them but it is still really nice to make pretty eyelashes. Its something that I don't reach for all the time but is something I enjoy having in my makeup collection

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by PFLovee

I received a sample size of this mascara, and have been using it for about 2 months now. I really like how clean and smooth it applies onto my lashes. It has not clumped, flaked, or smudged EVER! And that is amazing because I have very oily eyelids. I like this mascara for days when I am going for more of a natural look. For more dramatic eyes I reach for my "They're Real" mascara :].

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Jclark33

I am a mascara junky and I've tried every mascara possible. This is my favorite. I've used it for years. I hope they never discontinue it. I find myself trying a new mascara then using it up and going straight back to Clinique High Impact! A++++++

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by hannab52

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I'm surprised this mascara has any bad reviews. I got it as a GWF and I'll definitely be repurchasing when it's finished. Like another reviewer said, I use one sweep and my lashes are transformed. I have to say I have long lashes, but they're light and getting sparser as I age. This mascara gives me a more wide-eyed look, making me look more awake and a bit younger than my 54 years.

I don't know how this would work for lash lengthening. It might not do too much of that. What I really love about it is that it did not clump at all for me, stays on all day, and doesn't irritate my eyes. I use Clinique's Take the Day Off makeup remover and it comes off pretty easily. I think this might be my HG mascara!

FYI: I tried to give this product 5 stars for the Overall Rating and for some reason it wouldn't register. The most stars I could give it was 4. Never happened to me before on this site; don't know what's up with that.