August 30, 2014 | 993 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

High impact? Well, no, not quite. My lashes are quite short to start with, so if I use this mascara on its own it leaves me with natural looking (short!) lashes. But! If i use my Dior lash primer first it is a complete different story. I get nice voluminous, long, clump-free lashes. Mind you, not all mascaras do that with this primer, so I really think this one is outstanding for me :) I will be re-purchasing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Hautebrilliance

I was hoping to like this mascara but I returned this mascara the next day. I wanted to try this mascara out because EVERYONE talked about how amazing this mascara was. I was so excited to try this mascara but when I tried it, my lashes went from being happy lashes to sad lashes (my lashes were straight down). I really wish this mascara worked for me but not every mascara is made for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by cici132013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

One of my first mascaras, and defiantly the most repurchased!

I love the way it has such a soft feel to it, so I am still able to touch my lashes and they feel normal.

I also love how you can build it up from a natural look to a dramatic look in just about 2 coats! My favorite way to wear it is just one coat on my outer lashes to give a cat eye effect.

It does also separate your lashes well to, but i'm not a big fan of the "spidery lashes" so I just apply it gently.

The price i'm not crazy about, around $16. But I truly believe the quality is really worth it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by miramania

Pros:
Very long lasting
Looks very natural (maybe to a fault)
Keeps your eyelashes soft and touchable
Deep colour
Keeps the eyelashes very separated

Cons:
Almost impossible to build up
Destroys curls

This is a great mascara if you want natural looking dark eyelashes, but if you're like me and want lots of volume
this is probably not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by misskatluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this mascara! Tried this as a deluxe sample. Doesn't flake at all! This makes my lashes look super long and lots of volume! I will be repurchasing. The only con about this mascara is the price. It's a little expensive.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by mzjade22

Did not care for this mascara at all. Smudges halfway through the day, but at the same time is hard to get off at the end of the day. The length and volume provided by this mascara was short lived. Not worth the price tag, as I have found with many high end mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Curlycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gives a natural look. (What I'm going for.)
Doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes.
Could be a good mascara if you got good lashes.
It's so easy to wash off. Big plus.

Doesn't separate the lashes well enough. I got really difficult eyelashes, every lash seems to go on its own direction.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by graceyyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE this mascara. I got it as a deluxe size from a clinique counter a year ago and i've been repurchasing it since. i didn't really expect for it to be that good because when i think of clinique, i don't think of awesome mascaras. If you like natural lashes this is good :) I use a little of this in a hurry and it looks great for a natural look. But, I personally like dramatic lashes for an everyday look, and it doesnt give you dramatic lashes without using 2 different mascaras. I use it as a base to seperate and lengthen, and finish with a drugstore volumizing mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

High Impact is my go-to mascara not because it is amazing, but because I haven't found something better. The price is good enough to make up for the mascara's shortcomings (flaking!). It is a bit watery of a formula, which means you can use a lot before it starts clumping. Compared to other mascaras I've tried, it is nowhere close to an "instant drama" effect. You need to play with it for a while before you get the drama. I like that about it, but some people hate that. After 30 seconds of wiggling, jiggling, etc I end up with my ideal lashes - long, curled, thick, but not fake looking.
The other reason I like this mascara is because it washes off with just water. Not that weird "warm water washoff" thing that Clinique has (which I find results in lost lashes and great irritation...) but I can remove this by dissolving it in warm water with a wash cloth.
It loses a lippie because this mascara gets flaky after a few hours. 99% of mascaras I've tried do this, and personally I'd rather a mascara be easily removable and flaky than rock solid and able to withstand anything. But still, if this mascara didn't flake it would be 5 lippies!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Andrea36MA

As a mascara this is fabulous! Lengthens, separates & you can build it for a night time look. My only gripe with this is for some reason it's messy and always ends up spilling over the top & can smudge onto your hands if you're not careful. Still love it though wouldn't stop my buying!