November 23, 2014 | 1912 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Midnight Cowboy Rides Again

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:11:00 AM More reviews by SassyAuburn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful shade but way too much glitter. I shouldn't say that. The glitter that stayed on my eyes was pretty, but 90% of it fell on my cheeks and the rest of my face. There is no neat way to put this on and keep it on. It wasn't worth the hassle of "taping" my face to get the sparkles off. I returned it after a week. I don't dislike all UD shadows, but this one was just too messy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by elfgirllana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is actually quite a beautiful color. I bought it as part of the skull shadow box, and I really like it. Yes it's glittery and you have initial fallout but I like to wear it to work. I work as a secretary for a real estate company (it's a professional environment) and I can still pull this off. I usually love to wear bright colors, and since I can't do that for work I try to wear exciting neutrals. This is it! I put it on all over my lid, along with a dark matte brown in the crease to down down the glitter a little bit. It's glamourous and still works for work. I wouldn't buy a full pan, but the amount you get in the palette is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

the base is a beautiful color...shimmery champagne...topped w/ TONS of silver glitter. not exactly pretty during daytime..which was my mistake. lol. looked like i had dirt on my lids in certain lighting. but i'm sure this would look gorgeous on nighttime...that way it would look more sparkley rather than little specks of dirt or sand from time to time. lol.pretty in the direct sunlight tho. this is not for the faint of heart...only for the glitter lovers out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2008 5:35:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a sad way to ruin such a perfect color. Basically I'm going to agree with everyone else--way too much fallout. I thought at Sephora that I really needed a shimmery shadow even though I never use the ones I buy. Really, why dont I just learn that matte eyeshadows look better on me. Also, why don't I always make sure to check MUA? While I may often disagree with the MAC reviews (not a big MAC fan) I should have checked anyway for UD. The reviews are spot on. Way too much fallout. Way too much glitter. It seems like some kind of cheap eyeshadow that you would get with a barbie costume at halloween. Too sad since the shade is the perfect shimmery peachy pinky nudey shade to make eyelids seem clean and fresh.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2008 12:59:00 PM More reviews by dropdeadcherry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Fortunately for me, I'm a hairstylist, and I can get away with almost any make up I want, especially daytime glitter. That being said, I ADORE this e/s! It's my HG! I have found that if you experience too much fallout from your glitter shadows, it's either A: application technique or B: the brush you are using. I always prime lids (for staying power) and with glittery e/s this is always an important step. I also use brush #275 from MAC to PAT my glittery shadows on. Swiping glitter shadows on tends to fling glitter all over the place giving the illusion that a disco ball has exploded. Nuts to that.

Back to this product. I love this shadow. Even for daytime. It's a pretty pale-pinkish-beige, with a ton of silver/gold/bronze glitter. I either pat on a little, or a lot depending on the effect I want. A quick swipe of black liquid liner, and a bold dose of mascara, and I've got mod eyes, that no one dares challenging.

Will buy again, and again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shadow at Ulta and I ended up bringing it back the next day. The color is a pale beige shimmer with a hint of pink. Imagine a pale, flesh color with tons of glitter. I usually like glitter but this was nuts. The level of fallout was insane and the glitter did not stay on my lids. Instead, it just flew everywhere and ended up on my cheeks. I am sad this color did not work for me because it looked so promising in the pan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a very pretty shimmery beige w/ lots of glitter. good thing i love glittery eyes! even though this is very pretty and im glad i traded for it, i prob. wouldnt buy it due to its price. but id gladly trade for it again.
UPDATE:
this continues to be one of my fav UD shadows. ok so maybe id pay full price for this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2008 2:59:00 PM More reviews by clamster

Eww... I love most UD e/s but this one.... it's so messy, chunky and just too glittery. Hard to use and has tons of fallout. I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by stitcheskisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shade is awsome!Another great Urban Decay shadow that looks nothing like the rest of the eyeshadows out there.It is a beautiful golden bronze/beige with LOTS of glitter.You can use it for so many different looks,but I like wearing it alone the most because it's so pretty.I really can't live without it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 2:49:00 PM More reviews by forgetfuljones

This is a very pretty beige color, but there is TONS of glitter, and I mean LOADS of it. I'm not talking shimmer here. I'm talking the large chunks they put in body glitter. No matter how careful I was, the glitter ended up all over my face. It was EVERYWHERE. Even after washing it off, it was still sticking around. The stuff is like glue! I really can't see myself wearing this, ever. I'm 26 and work in the legal field, and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this to work. Actually, I don't even think I could wear this out on the weekends either. I probably would have gone crazy for this when I was 16, but I guess those fun days are over...