July 29, 2014 | 2041 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 224 Tapered Blending (Windshield Wiper) Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2010 3:17:00 PM More reviews by shortie183

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have to say this brush is a bit scratchy. its not the best of what i would expect from mac brushes. i've used it in the crease and it doesnt give good results at all. the 217 is much better for the crease than this and much softer. it is great for buffing out harsh lines and transitioning from crease to brow bone but it is definitely not a good crease brush. i would highly recommend the 217 over this. hands down.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by mimifrenzy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is a bit too fluffy for my taste. It's not a complete loss though because this brush works like a dream when blending out harsh lines. Personally, knowing what i know now i would go for the 217 or a 226 instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by caitlyncrafts

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a great brush for blending eyeshadow! I use it to blend the crease color. It's lightweight, fluffy, and soft. It's a good one to have, especially if you are just looking to build a basic brush collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sk2010

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for a soft, great, everyday eyeshadow brush, this is what you should grab! The colors will look so airbrushed, and you will have no harsh lines.

This was my first MAC brush purchase, and I'm glad I got this first!

NOTES:
-can be used to apply color
-can be used solely to blend out colors already applied on lid
-currently $28 USD

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by teach2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice multi-purpose brush. I use it for blending and for applying MAC Studio Fix concealer. I have tried blending brushes by Smashbox, L'Oreal, and Revlon. So far the 224 is the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

My favourite brush for blending or all over lid shadow!
It's big enough to cover the entire lid area effortlessly and it's tapered end makes it a perfect brush for blending out any harsh lines in the crease area or just anywhere in general!
I find that this is one of the few brushes that I reach for on a daily basis!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised when I read others who say that this brush is soft. It is *not* soft at all. It's prickly and feels like it's made of cheap fibers. It's far too fluffy for blending - I actually prefer my no-name brand blending brush to this one. MAC-wise, I prefer the 222 and 217. Way over-priced and over-hyped. :( I now use this to lightly fluff on powder over my BB cream. Even though I've found a way to put this to use, I still don't like it very much and wouldn't recommend it. Go to your MAC counter and touch the sample bristles - you'll notice right away the prickly & un-eveness compared to MAC's other brushes.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

This brush is great - I use it to get a really great contour, or even to just put a wash of colour on my eyes before I run out the door. Also, great blending brush!

However, when I am washing it the bristles tend to go a bit crazy but I think I'll just have to be more careful and/or buy those brush guards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There's so many ways to use this brush so I think it's a must have in my collection! I use it to apply my under eye concealer, to blend out my eye-shadows, to apply color in your crease, apply a highlight. It does take some getting used to in how to use it at first but it really does a great job. I love how it's called the windshield wiper brush! Mac brushes are a little on the expensive side but they'll last forever if you take good care of them. This is also one of my favorite brushes!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by h316

This is a great multi-tasking brush: I can pack on color with the side, apply a highlight, place color in the crease or outer corner, and blend colors. Not cheap but a high quality staple.