July 28, 2014 | 2058 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Honey Lust

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Chasey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An excellent eyeshadow, but tricky to apply since it's basically glitter. I prep my eyes with Smashbox Photo Finish and apply with the Mac #217 blending brush. In this way, it spreads lightly and evenly, and I have total control. It's very easy to get a scary disco inferno look with this if you try to apply it like any other eyeshadow.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I bought this from the site, kind of expecting it to be a little more like Clinique's Lucky Penny but with more oomph and sparkle. Sadly, it wasn't. I found it to have the same effect on me as Melon pigment. It just washed me out and make me look awful. Another one for the nay pile!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:50:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

This was too pale for me and didn't really show up...it also flaked glitter on my cheeks, which I dispise...would never repurchase, but could see it working for a paler person than me. Mac NC 35

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2008 2:06:00 PM More reviews by shiver0777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this product almost everyday... I always use a mac cream underneath so it doesn't flake.. This color goes really will with "Twinks" or "Bronze" in the crease and a lighter shade for a highliter... love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 6:37:00 AM More reviews by missy_c

When I bought this the sales assistant suggested I wear it over a shadestick in penny, whilst it does actually look very nice and stay on long worn in that manner , I also like to use it as a bottom lid eyeliner paired with smoky eyes, and ano uter corner enhancer. The glitter is quite strong but it does look lovely wwith some careful application.

Just becareful not too put too much as the effect can look mask like otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very lovely glittery color. Honey Lust is the perfect name for it, because it is a warm honey colored eye shadow.
It is more of a honey-peach-gold color, and I would recommend to use it wet, and in the crease or the inner corner of the eyes. It gives such a nice glow to my brown eyes, so I like it very much : )

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

This is one of my first Mac shadows ever and I LOVE it. Only thing I don't like about it is when applying, it flakes a whole lot because it's a lustre so you just gotta do the loose powder trick under the eyes. It's a gorgeouse shimmering beige that makes a great highlight. The name is great too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ArmyBrat

Honestly? I wanted this shadow because I found the name irresistible. Crazy enough, but I fell in love totally when I seen the peachy-bronze shadow in person. I am an NC25, so lots of bronze shades are a little harsh on me, but this is more of a flesh-toned softer version of bronze.I find it to be very neutral and goes nicely with whatever other shadows I want to put with it. It also looks fab alone. I love it with a nice brownish liquid eyeliner, especially when I am wearing a brown or rust color top or dress. I always blend foundation on my lids before application of shadow, so I haven't had an issue with this shade falling off my eyes. I have brown eyes, but I have a friend who has green eyes, and she puts this on with a green shade and it is gorgeous.I would love to see this shade on tan/dark skin. It would no doubt make a great highlighter for that skin-tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by jakeandbear12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this as a highlighter with every shadow I wear. Aveda makes a color called Spark that is similar but not as lustrely! My skin is tan and all other highlighters are too light. This one blends right in with my skin. Love it. It's a peachy/bronzey shimmer. Gals that have trouble with it falling off, try using a Mac paint underneath and apply with a good flat brush(I am currently using Sonia Kashuks that came in a set, not sure if you can buy alone). I've heard wonderful things about TM's Lay down brush(expensive though). Works wonders!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2008 12:33:00 AM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great eyeshadow! It looks different everytime I put it on and then the look of it changes throughout the day- starts out kind of glittery and then takes on a shimmery, dewy, wet appearance. It's got gold shimmer, but it also has that toasty-honey tint as well. This is good for blending with any other shade eyeshadow OR even by itself for a more natural look.