MAC Lustre - Honey Lust

PRODUCT: Eye Shadow from MAC

COLOR: Honey Lust looks beautiful against my yellow toned NC30 skin

COST: $ 14.00

DISCRIPTION: Honey Lust is a golden glitter eyeshadow

PIGMENT: Great pigment but I apply this with my finger or sponge tip application. It looks awful when applied with a brush.

SMELL: None

CONTAINER: Large black case.

WOULD I BUY AGAIN: YES! This is my first MAC eyeshadow. I love the color and can be used for special occasions or everyday.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

this shade is ok for an accent but way too light to even show up on me. I'll try to use it in different ways but not impressed.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this color. I have fair, cool-toned skin and golden brown eyes and this just looks amazing on me. It really draws attention to my eyes and somehow makes them seem lighter. This is a kind of bronzed, golden-y peach color. I'm bad at describing colors, ha. This shadow can be a bit tricky and messy to apply. The best method I have found is to dampen a sponge tip applicator{I buy packs of 30 at Ulta for $3} and press the eyeshadow onto the lid. There is little to no fall-out this way and it really intensifies the color and makes it have more of a "sheen". If I ever run out, I will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

An excellent eyeshadow, but tricky to apply since it's basically glitter. I prep my eyes with Smashbox Photo Finish and apply with the Mac #217 blending brush. In this way, it spreads lightly and evenly, and I have total control. It's very easy to get a scary disco inferno look with this if you try to apply it like any other eyeshadow.

I bought this from the site, kind of expecting it to be a little more like Clinique's Lucky Penny but with more oomph and sparkle. Sadly, it wasn't. I found it to have the same effect on me as Melon pigment. It just washed me out and make me look awful. Another one for the nay pile!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This was too pale for me and didn't really show up...it also flaked glitter on my cheeks, which I dispise...would never repurchase, but could see it working for a paler person than me. Mac NC 35

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I use this product almost everyday... I always use a mac cream underneath so it doesn't flake.. This color goes really will with "Twinks" or "Bronze" in the crease and a lighter shade for a highliter... love it!

When I bought this the sales assistant suggested I wear it over a shadestick in penny, whilst it does actually look very nice and stay on long worn in that manner , I also like to use it as a bottom lid eyeliner paired with smoky eyes, and ano uter corner enhancer. The glitter is quite strong but it does look lovely wwith some careful application.

Just becareful not too put too much as the effect can look mask like otherwise.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a very lovely glittery color. Honey Lust is the perfect name for it, because it is a warm honey colored eye shadow.
It is more of a honey-peach-gold color, and I would recommend to use it wet, and in the crease or the inner corner of the eyes. It gives such a nice glow to my brown eyes, so I like it very much : )

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my first Mac shadows ever and I LOVE it. Only thing I don't like about it is when applying, it flakes a whole lot because it's a lustre so you just gotta do the loose powder trick under the eyes. It's a gorgeouse shimmering beige that makes a great highlight. The name is great too.

Top Rated MAC Products