April 19, 2014 | 1032 users online

Blush - NARS - Lovejoy

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by owmy

I love Lovejoy! I've been using it for over a year now, and I always find myself reaching for it. I'm around NC30, and I definitely use it year-round. Like all NARS blushes, it's quite pigmented, so you don't have to use much. It gives me a bronzey-rosey look, and stays put all day long. Not too much shimmer either. I also have Orgasm, which I find gives more shimmer than Lovejoy. Will definitely re-buy, although with this amount of product I doubt I'll ever finish it. Worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by FIFI67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this blush! I've seen in other reviews that it suits a tan complexion, but with careful application this looks gorgeous on my pale winter skin. I have been pairing neutral eyes with berry or red stained lips this winter and I find that lovejoy compliments the look by giving my skin a fresh sexy ,rosy glow. After application with a stipple brush I buff it gently until it looks perfectly blended and almost polished.
I think this is way better than Orgasm which was really blah on me.In the summer, I usually wear Laguna as it's an amazing bronzer . I've tested Lovejoy with this and it's super sexy.. A great year round product for me!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by xoconni3xo

I hate this blush! It goes on very muddy on my NC35-40 skin. The packaging is horrible! The blush tends to get all over the compact and it's really annoying!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:33:00 PM More reviews by seonmi

A tan color with gold shimmer.

This is the blush I use for the natural look or when I do something extra on the eyes. Looks very light on my NC 40 skin with a bit of shimmer but the shimmer is not too obvious on the face. I apply it with a normal blush brush because it's not dark/super-pigmented at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by tweetiebird

I'm a NC35/C4 coloring and can't believe I've overlooked this blush for so long!

Wonderful on my Asian skin (medium tone)... it looks blah in the pan but a very wearable brownish rose on me and a wonderful natural flush. I've been wearing it for the last month and it's replaced my former daily use of Nars Orgasm.

Would definitely buy again. I expect it will last about 2 years with regular use since that is how long it took for me to finish the pan with Orgasm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by atsugari

I speak for myself, I'm a fair skinned asian girl NC20 or Clair in Chanel. I wanted to try Lovejoy and asked the SA for her recommendation and she said this may be too dark on me and told me to try Zen too. Lovejoy is too dark for me and looks like I have a skin discoloration. When the SA put it on me she complemented how good I looked. I felt I looked like I have a skin discoloration, my friends agreed, I told her to put Zen on my other cheek. After I put Zen on the SA commented that she like Zen better. I was thinking what is wrong with her. It was obvious that Lovejoy looked horrible on me and why would she say it looks good also she recommended Zen to me in the beginning. It's not a good image if I wore Lovejoy around and looked diseased and said I bought it from Nars. People would not want to buy Nars products after they see me. Anways I ended up buying the Zen instead but not from Nars.

I hate Nars packaging where you can't see what color you have unless you open it and the rubber lining outside the case will peel over time. Not the color for me.

In general I think shelling out $25 for a blush is ridiculous I bought this during a Sephora F&F sale for $20. In addition it was a punishment for the NARS SA b/c she was not helpful and contradicting.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 12:27:00 AM More reviews by cocodivatime

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love!! I pretty much love most of my NARS blushes because they make such great colors but this is the one that I reach for the MOST (besides Albatross)

I cannot explain the color but it just gives me a nice glow that matches no matter what other colors are on my eyes and lips. It's a neutral for me. I am warm toned with caramel toned skin. It's absolutlely perfect. If I could only pick one NARS blush out of my whole collection it would be Lovejoy.

I definitly recommend it to tan and brown girls. Cannot say for sure on other skin tones
I would buy this again and again. This is the type of blush that I would buy as a backup just to keep in my office drawer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2008 11:05:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A pretty blush that has a tanned/bronzed shade.
I do not get ANY rosey one as someone said below...
To me, this is a tad too dark for my pale winter skin - however it will look perfect in summer with a suntan.
Lovely sparkle, very luminous.
Long lasting, very good quality as in all NARS blushes.
Good for skintone from NC 20 on.
I do prefer Orgasm, but this one will do a good job in summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Laurice928

I LOVE this blush. i give it 4 lippies bc its a little expensive..BUT i would def invest in this blush bc in the long run your spending the same amount buying cheap blushes that u have to reapply during the day.

i wore it today and and applied it at 10am before i went to class and by 330 my blush looked exactly as it did when i left my apt. took a short nap and it was still on at 5pm. its a great rosey-bronze color that looks great with looks that are more neutral in the eyes and warm cheeks. PERFECT for fall! its very pigmented and it applies soo smooth..i applied this with the MAC 187 and a little bit goes A LONG way. this blush will last me FOREVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Honeybunnie8

I got this as part of the Docle vita set. I was in a hurry and decided to just grab this set figuring I could return it if I hated it.
I was not so sure about Lovejoy. It looked really bronzey and glittery, and bronze makes me look dirty usually, not a good look. When I swiped it I was pleasantly surprised.It went on like a warm rosy just came back from vacation glow. Doesn't make me look dirty at all. Since I like more of a pink cheek I will layer this with some Desire or Mata Hari just on the apples of my cheeks. Glitter is something I tend to shy away from because I don't like looking like a disco ball, but the shimmer is not that bad, totally wearable. Just for reference I am about a NW20-15 in MAC, MUFE F&B 20 and I can wear Deauville in NARS.
Just like other NARS blushes I just touch my brush to the powder, although this dose not seem to be as soft as some of the others. I don't know if I would buy this again but I said yes because it is nice.