October 22, 2014 | 1907 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - Ultra Liner Waterproof

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I normally don't like to write negative reviews, but what prompts me to write this one is that it claims to be waterproof when it is nowhere near it. It is really just a regular liquid eyeliner. I sometimes tear up at the outer corner of my eyes, and this will run right off. An embarrassing memory for me is when I wore it to have a wisdom tooth removed, and I started tearing up at the corner of one eye. The oral surgeon was sweet and tried to wipe my tear, but ended up taking the eyeliner with it and smudging it. Another fault is that it tends to flake off if you retrace your eyeliner, which I have to do because I'm not perfect at lining my eyes. Or it will just plain flake off during the day.
Luckily since then I have found Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. It comes in a felt tip style that I ended up liking, since it has a narrow tip. And it truly is waterproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by flora3892

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This liner flakes, and sometimes you can PEEL IT OFF completely! the brush is difficult to use for beginners. Used it for a couple days and haven't touched it since.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 11:47:00 PM More reviews by acc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree that this is a great liquid liner! I, too, don't know where all the negative reviews are coming from. I wear liquid black liner everyday and this ranks at the top of all the brands I use. It does have a brush which applies a thin line. Some liners have a felt tip and those provide a more thick line. I love E.L.F.'s liquid liner for that reason but it takes forever to dry! This drys fast, stays on all day, and will only come off when you wash it off. The bursh is easy ot use and I think would even be a good brush for beginners with liquid liner. Great stuff this is!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by smm1583

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not good. Not waterproof. Color is alright but when it comes off it is rather flakey, I wouldn't want to wear it for fear of having it flake off and get into my eye; plus I wouldn't want to get out and realize that my liner looked cracked or that portions of it had come off.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:33:00 PM More reviews by jillybean657

Caved and bought this product after some YouTube Beauty Gurus raved about it.

While the packaging was good, the price was a little high ($9.99), and the flaking was also a problem for me. NOT flaking on the lash line itself, but on the wing, which is a look that I often wear and figured this product would work well for.

It dries super fast, and it DEFINITELY is waterproof, can't complain there. It comes off easily with eye makeup remover as well. But the part where I wing my eyeliner out ended up flaking by mid-morning, only a few hours after application, and really looked horrid.

I will not purchase this product again, and I am still on the hunt for a good liquid eyeliner for precision, staying power and richness for the winged eyeliner look. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by mh357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings about this product. I'm really into brown liners these days so I bought this in the dark brown. I tried it on my hand last night. As soon as it dried, I was able to wipe it off (it came off in flakes). Of course I'm thinking "oh great...another liner down the toilet". So that was one strike against it, but then I remembered I'm not rubbing my eyes vigorously like that throughout the day. So, I put another line on and took a shower. I let the water run all over it, then I scrubbed a little bit and of course it came off but it was relatively water resistant. I gave it the full-day test today and have to say I'm not completely dissapointed. It did last a 12 hour day on me with minimal flakes. Yes, there were small pieces missing near my inner corner. Not incredibly noticeable, but noticeable to me of course. It's a perfect brown color, it's easy to use, the brush is great, but I wish the staying power was better. I wish they could stick this brush on the WnW H20 Proof liquid liner. That one is my absolute HG WP liquid liner, but the applicator is too stiff for me. I love that this brush is actually a real brush with bristles, and that it's flimsy. Overall, I'm glad I tried it, and I'll probably keep using it especially since it DID pass my 12 hr test...and now I know I don't have to constantly check my eyes in the mirror....but I don't think I'd trust this in the rain or humidity. If you're looking for staying power, go check out WnW's H20 proof liquid liners. Those things are like painting sharpies on your face and don't come off easily AT ALL. But that's the great thing about them for me. If you're looking for a decent brown liquid liner with an easy-to-use applicator, this would be great. Definitely expect flaking, but not to the extent that you're having a confetti party on your eye.

UPDATE: I decided to work out with this on my eyes just as a test after I wore it for 12 hours. Fail. Flakes on my lower lashes from it falling off. So, definitely don't do a heavy hard core workout with this on...it won't stay.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by marvelgirl1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this liner. On my eyes, it looks good. The brush is very easy to use (I'm a total novice at liquid liner, so this was a huge plus for me), but there are always dried chunks on the lip of the opening of the bottle every time I take the brush out. Sometimes I even have to wipe little black chunks off of the brush itself. Also, since I'm really new to liquid liner I don't know if this may be normal, but it feels like barely any product gets on the brush and I have to dip it maybe four times to complete just one eye. Other than the problems with the product itself, it does look good on me, and I haven't had problems with it flaking or anything other than looking good and lasting all day.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by raspberrychaitea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

when dried, does not look smooth at all
it is very very obvious that it is very very dry
flakes off

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by pmoonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I HATED this liner! It's the worst I have ever used. When I first used it, it flaked near the inner corners so I thought maybe I applied it wrong or I applied too much product so I wasn't welling to give up and I kept using it, hoping, it would stop flaking but NO it didn't. It didn't look smooth and it flaked. The pro was, it did have a brush application which, in my opinion, works best with liquid liner and it did live up being "waterproof" but other than that I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Jyklove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this eyeliner! Definitely my HG.
I have very oily lids and this is the only eyeliner that stays on for me the entire day and never smudges! It has a tiny brush applicator and applies easily.