Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

Not bad, not bad.
I actually like the tiny brush with it, it allows me to make a thin line. Stays pretty well, doesn't flake off. Really is waterproof. A good, average liner.

I got it in brown because I prefer brown eyeliners in general.
I don't like the brush for it because it's pretty flimsy. I prefer pen looking like ones because it's easier to use those to line in between the lashes. I have the typical half-double eyelids so I prefer to tightline, and these are hard to do so because the brush is so flimsy. And I don't think it's waterproof either.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Pros
actually waterproof
very black
has alot of product in bottle
doesnt smear

Cons
creases
doesnt look smooth on eyes
flakes
hurts to remove , but you dont need make up remover (just scratch eyes)
difficult to apply for 1st timers

Overall ; i fell in love with it when i first bought it. fell out of love when it started to flake. brush is difficult at first but you get used to it. being monolid, who LOVES to rub her eyes, it flaked. i wouldnt buy it again, but i do use it on the dancers because of the bold black color (because its suuuper water proof, but it wont last all day) but it will last for a good performance.

on 3/4/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like to use this eyeliner as the basis for a super smoky eye. I have it in carbon black and it really lasts all day and I haven't noticed it flaking at all. I'll line my eyes with Bobbi Brown eyeliner, then smudge eyeshadow over that with my smudge brush, then take this and dab it into my upper lash line so no skin is showing in between my eyelashes, (does anyone else have that problem?) It's great for filling in little gaps in your lash line b/c the brush is so teeny. I like it! I would definitely repurchase.
UPDATE: Nope. This eyeliner flakes and chips off my lids. Will never repurchase.

on 2/25/2011 2:38:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I have used this product for years and years. It is affordable, easy to find, easy to use and lasts and lasts. I love it! From time to time, the packaging gets a bit jacked up (the top of the opening gets loose and the bristles can get separated) but the price keeps me coming back for more. I haven't experimented with any other liquid liners because I find that this works wonderfully! I definitely recommend this product.

on 2/24/2011 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

I normally don't like to write negative reviews, but what prompts me to write this one is that it claims to be waterproof when it is nowhere near it. It is really just a regular liquid eyeliner. I sometimes tear up at the outer corner of my eyes, and this will run right off. An embarrassing memory for me is when I wore it to have a wisdom tooth removed, and I started tearing up at the corner of one eye. The oral surgeon was sweet and tried to wipe my tear, but ended up taking the eyeliner with it and smudging it. Another fault is that it tends to flake off if you retrace your eyeliner, which I have to do because I'm not perfect at lining my eyes. Or it will just plain flake off during the day.
Luckily since then I have found Stila's Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. It comes in a felt tip style that I ended up liking, since it has a narrow tip. And it truly is waterproof.

on 2/21/2011 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This liner flakes, and sometimes you can PEEL IT OFF completely! the brush is difficult to use for beginners. Used it for a couple days and haven't touched it since.

on 2/15/2011 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I agree that this is a great liquid liner! I, too, don't know where all the negative reviews are coming from. I wear liquid black liner everyday and this ranks at the top of all the brands I use. It does have a brush which applies a thin line. Some liners have a felt tip and those provide a more thick line. I love E.L.F.'s liquid liner for that reason but it takes forever to dry! This drys fast, stays on all day, and will only come off when you wash it off. The bursh is easy ot use and I think would even be a good brush for beginners with liquid liner. Great stuff this is!

on 1/26/2011 12:07:00 PM

Not good. Not waterproof. Color is alright but when it comes off it is rather flakey, I wouldn't want to wear it for fear of having it flake off and get into my eye; plus I wouldn't want to get out and realize that my liner looked cracked or that portions of it had come off.

on 1/20/2011 3:33:00 PM

Caved and bought this product after some YouTube Beauty Gurus raved about it.

While the packaging was good, the price was a little high ($9.99), and the flaking was also a problem for me. NOT flaking on the lash line itself, but on the wing, which is a look that I often wear and figured this product would work well for.

It dries super fast, and it DEFINITELY is waterproof, can't complain there. It comes off easily with eye makeup remover as well. But the part where I wing my eyeliner out ended up flaking by mid-morning, only a few hours after application, and really looked horrid.

I will not purchase this product again, and I am still on the hunt for a good liquid eyeliner for precision, staying power and richness for the winged eyeliner look. :)