Suave Professionals Humectant Conditioner

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Dimethiconol, Fragrance (Parfum), Lactic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Glycerin, TEA-Dodecylbenzenesulfonate, PEG-150 Distearate, Propylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate [Vitamin E Acetate], Arginine HCl, Lysine HCl, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Hair Keratin Amino Acids, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Methylisothiazolinone, Honey, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract

on 9/16/2006 8:47:00 PM

I love this stuff! I have used the Nexxus Humectant conditioner, and of course, it is superior. However, spending upwards of $20 on a bottle of conditioner is too extraneous for me, especially when I have long hair and have a tendency to use a lot of it per daily shower. I feel the Suave version moisturizes my loose curly hair very well (but not so well that I don't need a deep conditioner once a week, mind you). I also love the scent - I've gotten several compliments about how nice my hair smells. How can you beat the price?

on 8/26/2006 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I've never used the Nexxus conditioner that this is trying to copy, but I have smelt it and it wasn't as nice as this. I have the Nexxus Therappe Shampoo that I use this with and both smell like coconut, so I smell wonderful. This stuff is so amazing and my hair is so soft after, LOVE IT.

on 8/7/2006 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is my Holy Grail conditioner. I love this stuff.I was a little leary of it at first because most cheap knockoff conditioners never worked for my super dry, relaxed African American hair, but this totally proved me wrong. It's supposed to be a knock off of Nexxus Humectress, but I personally think that this performs better for the price.

on 8/2/2006 6:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is amazing stuff so far, seals in the moisture, my hair finally looks healthy and bouncy again. Shiny as well. I have to give it some time and then up the rating later, if it proves itself worthy. But I recommend, nice tropical milky smell.

on 7/29/2006 6:53:00 PM

It had a strong coconut smell. I got soft hair, but once my hair dried, it looked unhealthy.

EVERY Suave Professional product contains metallic. This will damage your hair's roots.

on 7/7/2006 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

While this might be an "okay" product on its own merit, it is NOTHING AT ALL like Nexxus Humectress. The ingredients are totally different, it performs totally differently.

This is a basic, average drugstore product, like all Suave products.

My hair is 1c-2a/f/ii - 35" long, fine, thin, color-treated, dry at the ends.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Itís sad; I have to say that I like this product. Iíve never used the real Humectress before, so I have nothing to compare this to, but this has been doing a great job of really moisturizing my dry hair without robbing me of what little body I have. The smell is of rather strong coconut, which is kind of nauseating, but I can get over it. And now the reason Iím sad is that this stuff irritates my scalp and a patch of eczema on my neck (a patch that used to be small) like no other. Literally, directly after coming out of the shower I could do nothing but scratch my scalp for a few minutes. At first I didnít connect the scratching to his product, but considering that Iíve changed none of the other things I apply to my head it seems quite likely that it was this. A few other MUAers seem to have encountered this problem as well. So, if you have or think you might have a sensitive scalp (and if you have dandruff or psoriasis donít touch this with a ten foot pole), it would be in your best interest to not use this. continued >>

on 6/3/2006 7:05:00 PM

Price/Packaging: I found this at my local HEB for about 2.99. The price is good for the amount of conditioner that you get, it looks to be at least 32 ounces. The packaging is white and simple, which makes sense sinse it is marketed under the "professionals"

I have dry, african textured hair which I have chemically relaxed and colored. Because of the dryness of my hair I try avoid shampoo and co-wash. For this purpose suave conditioners come in handy. The conditioner is thick for a suave conditioner, and white. It smells strongly of coconut. I mean darn strong.
It coats the hair well but doesn't feel as if its penetrating to the core of the hair. It rinses fairly easily and afterwards my hair feels refreshed but not amazing. I'd buy it again because of the price, the amount you get, and the fact that I'm only using it for co-washes anyway.

on 5/26/2006 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Good value for an effective conditioner which makes my hair smell like coconut.
Edit: After using this a while I'm finding it weighs my hair down.

on 5/14/2006 10:32:00 PM

This product worked well enough that I bought it a second time. Now, it is just building up like crazy on my hair so it is VERY heavy and limp. Do not recommend and will not buy again. I guess I got what I paid for!