October 26, 2014 | 1536 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 25

rated 1 of 5 on 4/19/2005 4:52:00 PM More reviews by katykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to try this product, but it made me break out. I tried everything, but no matter how little I applied, or what other products I used I always broke out after using Super City Block. I'm beginning to think that I'll never find a sunscreen that works for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2005 1:24:00 AM More reviews by jamied

I have combination/oily skin and this is one of my favorite sunscreens! The reason I really like it because its active ingredient is pure titanium dioxide :) When I 1st tried this few years ago, I also had the problem spreading this sunscreen evenly on my face (almost impossible cause it's so thick!)...but now I think I know the tricks ^^ I use makeup sponge to even it out in the end and it does make a super difference result! However, it tends to look a bit ashy on my medium skin tone so I follow w/ my Bobbi Brown TM in medium. It helps hydrated my skin a bit since the sunscreen can make my oily face a lil drying. Oh, and most importantly...it doesn't irritate my skin or break me out :D

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2005 2:44:00 PM More reviews by amitalways

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you have oily or acne prone skin this is the worst product you want to use on your face. its texture is really thick and immediately broke my face into zits and acne. the sun protection is also quite low. rather than this i would recommend people use shiesido extra smooth sun protection cream spf 33+.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2005 12:56:00 AM More reviews by Jenn42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this because it has a nice tint, but its also sheer enough not to have to worry about application too much. If you spread it thinly around your face, it won't feel to thick or greasy. spf 25 is good for most sunny days, just bring some more hardcore sunblock for the beach :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2005 10:53:00 AM More reviews by soundmind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this product. I've been using it for over a year now, recommended by my facial lady. I have oily-combo, pale skin with some light blemish marks and I find that this product gives me a nice sheer coverage with the protection from the sun. The best thing I like about it is that it doesn't make my face shiny or watery looking and the finish it quite matte. I don't wear a lot of makeup and when going out, I just dust on Mac Studio Fix on top of this. I love the natural look it gives me like my own skin, this has been the perfect product to cover up a few blemish marks pretty easily for day-to-day use. It has a creamy texture and needs some getting used to in applying it but it stays where you put it and it doesn't smudge much with sunglasses. But I'd probably buy something more serious if you're looking for more protection for outdoor summer activities.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2005 7:56:00 PM More reviews by mariadd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this for a long time (almost a year) and I liked the finish. It also kept me from getting tan. But then I found out that it has a poor UVA protection (titanium dioxide is a UVB filter primarily). And most skin damage is caused by UVA rays. So I do not use the prodct any more, and I will not repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by curlyleo

I like this pretty well but not as much as the Good Skin All Calm sunscreen. Super City Block is slightly thick and a little hard to spread. I do like the tint and the all-physical sunscreens in it, but if I try to put foundation over it, that often looks to heavy. I think it's better if you want to just wear it as a tinted sunscreen with maybe some powder on top.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2005 6:03:00 AM More reviews by SKSS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

THIS SUNBLOCK IS HORRID! First of all its creamy, oily, u would think moisturizing, but then this stuff goes on and if u have dry patches of skin it would flake and dry u out! Leaves a chalky residue! If your skin is dry forget it, and those w/ oily skins or spots might find it greasy! Yucky stuff!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2005 3:10:00 AM More reviews by xMzxPrEcIoUsx

This sunscreen is supposed to help against UVA and UVB. The color is a bit beige. I have light colored skin so it doesn't really make my face any lighter or darker. When first applied, it does feel pretty heavy and thick. I have to even it out on my face so it won't be concentrated on one area. I bought this sunscreen because of the high SPF and because it's at a reasonable price: $15.50. If you want a sunscreen that's at a pretty low price then go for it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Carrigan19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this but I don't. I have tried it several times and everytime it causes me to break out. It feels really heavy on and I feel dirty the whole time I am wearing it. I guess my skin just doens't like physical sunscreens.