BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Dark

on 10/20/2008 5:08:00 PM

I was never happy with my eyebrows until I tried this product. I could pluck them and shape them as much as I wanted but they never looked very good or polished. I'd tried pencils in the past but I was too heavy handed with them and they made me look like a drag queen! But this product gives good definition and helps keep them in shape. I find the coloured wax is enough for me and don't often use the powder, but if I do then I only apply it lightly as it can look a bit too dark. I apply the wax first, then the powder, followed by a quick sweep of Benefit's Speed Brow to keep them in place. And lastly, for an elegant finish, use a touch more of the wax to elongate the ends of my eyebrows to make up for years of my over plucking! But it's made such a difference to my eyebrows which now seem to shape my face. They looked pretty good in my most recent photographs. Definitely a HG product. The only downside is the packaging; it can be difficult to open sometimes and can split your nails. Aside from that - brilliant! I'm now looking to buy Benefit's High Brow to draw attention to my newly arched eyebrows!

on 10/11/2008 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Good product and is much better than a pencil, as this fills in most gaps and above all this stays on all day even though I touch my eyebrows a lot. Down side is the packaging, the plastic compact box is very stiff and hard to open, brushes that come with the eyebrow kit are useless as it is so short you can't see your eyebrows to apply, so I had to buy the brow brush for another £11.50p.

on 7/6/2008 9:55:00 AM

This is my most reliable brow product. Makes my brows full, groomed but not fake at all. I love the powder side, and only use the wax side to prime my brows when I go to a formal function or I want my makeup to last all day. It has good lasting power as well. It's a bit expensive but since I've used mine for a long time and barely made a dent in the powder, I would say it's actually of better value than brow pencils! But the design of the product makes it hard to apply on the go, so minus one of the overall rating. And of course the tweezers do nothing at all!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Wow, a lot of you really like this product! I wish I could say the same! I hate the wax. With what little hair I have on my eyebrows, it really didn't "set" the hairs on my brows. The powder was okay, but it was nothing special. I also found that after a few hours, most of the product had faded from my brows. I tried using my own makeup brushes instead of the ones provided, but it didnít make a difference. And those tweezers?! What were they thinking?! Perhaps they are trying to be too cute (or just gimmicky)... I have found that the Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel in Almost Black works well for me. I use it to set the brow hairs. I wait a little for it to dry and then use a brow pencil to lightly fill in my brows. It's cheap. It doesn't have cute packaging, but who needs it for that price! And it sure beats the MAC Brow Set for value too!

on 5/15/2008 9:27:00 AM

I love the powder part, which I use every day using my Nars eyebrow definer brush. It looks really natural and fills in all the gaps between hairs. I am not sure how to use the black gel stuff though. It goes on too dark and unevenly so I avoid it. The powder side will last forever though as you only need a tiny amount.
The tiny tools provided are handy for when you're on a short holiday and have forgotten your stuff, but I wouldn't use them every day as they are too small.
A lot of reviewers found the package hard to open. I haven't found this, but I open it using the pads of both my thumbs (one on each edge of the compact) and haven't had any problems. I can see that if you try to use your nails then it could prove difficult.
I took one lippy off for the black stuff but I will definitely buy again for the dark brown powder. It makes my brows look neat and 'manicured'.

on 5/11/2008 4:56:00 AM

I've been using this for about 2 years now and I love it! My eyebrows are naturally very faint so this product is amazing for me. It also has the gloss which is good because I find it helps keep the colour in place longer.

on 5/8/2008 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I luv this brow-zing product is the best thing to fill your eyebrows it is soft unlike brow pencil! yikes....It is pretty pricey BUT it lasts for a VERY long time is sooooooo wort it!!!

on 4/3/2008 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I definitely fell in love with this product after having tried it from a Benefit kiosk at my local mall. The problem however was that while it definitely defined my brows, I could not, for the life of me, replicate the "oh-dear-god, those-are-amazing-eyebrows" that the Benefit countergirl did for me. Nevertheless, it's probably my own inability and lack of skills that's the reason. So... a definite two thumbs up! You won't regret it! =)

on 3/16/2008 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Gone are the days of "drawing" on your eyebrows with a pencil liner. Its a pet peeve when I see women that have shaved off their brows completely and then drawn a crayon line that looks like a 1st grader could have done better. This product lets you step up your brow game and create professional quality looks easily and avoid that hideous, cartoonish fake brow. This may not work well for those with oily skin, yet I would not let that stop me from trying a great product. I've tried this in medium and dark, and while medium works, dark is better for those with black hair. Also, if you don't know what you're doing, first let a Benefit artist show you how its done. That's how I became sold.

on 2/18/2008 9:47:00 PM

I am new to makeupalley but I am a beneFit fan. I just read everyone's reviews and I wanted to give some tips on using it. It works best when you swipe the brush in the dark color first and then tap it in the lighter one. If you use too much of the dark color you will certainly appear as if you have fake brows. I have very thin, light brows so I have always penciled but this compact saved me. The girl who introduced me to it did my makeup and used this and I loved the look. I had to get it. It is expensive but you won't run out for a while! I recommend using a hard angled brush instead of the little ones. I have the BeneFit one and it's great. And I never use the tweezers, I don't think anyone does because we have our own great pair.

Popular Brows Products