September 30, 2014 | 1485 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Dark

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I've been using this for about 2 years now and I love it! My eyebrows are naturally very faint so this product is amazing for me. It also has the gloss which is good because I find it helps keep the colour in place longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I luv this brow-zing product is the best thing to fill your eyebrows it is soft unlike brow pencil! yikes....It is pretty pricey BUT it lasts for a VERY long time is sooooooo wort it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chicgeek21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely fell in love with this product after having tried it from a Benefit kiosk at my local mall. The problem however was that while it definitely defined my brows, I could not, for the life of me, replicate the "oh-dear-god, those-are-amazing-eyebrows" that the Benefit countergirl did for me. Nevertheless, it's probably my own inability and lack of skills that's the reason. So... a definite two thumbs up! You won't regret it! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gone are the days of "drawing" on your eyebrows with a pencil liner. Its a pet peeve when I see women that have shaved off their brows completely and then drawn a crayon line that looks like a 1st grader could have done better. This product lets you step up your brow game and create professional quality looks easily and avoid that hideous, cartoonish fake brow. This may not work well for those with oily skin, yet I would not let that stop me from trying a great product. I've tried this in medium and dark, and while medium works, dark is better for those with black hair. Also, if you don't know what you're doing, first let a Benefit artist show you how its done. That's how I became sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Suzangel

I am new to makeupalley but I am a beneFit fan. I just read everyone's reviews and I wanted to give some tips on using it. It works best when you swipe the brush in the dark color first and then tap it in the lighter one. If you use too much of the dark color you will certainly appear as if you have fake brows. I have very thin, light brows so I have always penciled but this compact saved me. The girl who introduced me to it did my makeup and used this and I loved the look. I had to get it. It is expensive but you won't run out for a while! I recommend using a hard angled brush instead of the little ones. I have the BeneFit one and it's great. And I never use the tweezers, I don't think anyone does because we have our own great pair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try an eyebrow powder compact and this seemed to be the only well known brand. The price is so ouch-worthy (21.50) and do not really think it's worth the hefty price tag. The product is good though. My natural brows are black but the dark brown brings out my skintone and eyes better. I apply the wax with the angle brush then the powder with the other brush. The tweezers are so small it's on the verge of useless! The packaging is so hard to open even though it's got a dent to prise it open, you still to yank at it. Another bonus is that it lasts very well providing you use the wax to hold the colour. Would propbably repurchase again unless I find a better inexpensive product...(one lippie off for price)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

The compact is almost impossible to open. Maybe I got a bad compact? The product is good. I don't use the "paste gel" part of it because I don't want super dark eyebrows. The powder part is great! I use the hard-angled brush to apply eyeliner and the softer brush to apply the powder. Tweezers suck!
When I run out I'm going back to pencil or another eyebrow powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2007 12:22:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

I struggled with this back before I learned how to properly fill in my brows. I feel the colored wax/colored powder is just too much pigment for brows. Your eyebrows should accent your face, they should NOT be the first thing someone notices when you walk by! If you really want to try a wax/powder duo, I would recommend trying Smashbox Brow Tech first. I am one that requires more control and hold than a brow pencil can give. I also like the polished look of adding a little color, so a simple clear wax or brow gel doesn't cut it. I've settled on Bourjois Sourcil Animation. Easy, one-step approach to brow control. But I truly feel that BeneFit Brow-Zing is too much for daily use. I HAVE used this on stage during performances...but having stage makeup on is totally different than my daily look!!! If you are a performer, give this a whirl...otherwise, stick to something more natural looking :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

My HG for my brows...and $28 isn't much since it lasts for a year or so...just wish the brushes were alot stiffer and the wax was thicker..other than that, it beats drawn in eyebrows!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2007 12:14:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I never paid too much attention to my brows until I got this product....just a bit of combing and tinted gel. I went to the makeup counter to purchase Benefit's "Speed Brow" gel, and while I was there the assisant showed me this product. At first I was hesitant because of the price, but I'm so glad I was sold!
This stuff is great! I hate using pencils on my brows, so this is a nice compromise between that and using brow gel alone. It gives my unruly and sparse eyebrows just the right amount of 'oomph' that they need, and it looks extremely natural. It is very easy to apply (use your own full sized brush) and you only use a small hint of product so I know it will last a long while. I have very dark brown hair (almost black) and the wax is the perfect color, but the brown shadow could be a little darker. It would be great if the wax could be purchased alone. Oh yeah, and the tweezers work just fine! They're no Tweezermans of course, but they are great for on-the-go. I don't have any problems opening the compact either!