October 24, 2014 | 1777 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Dark

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 9:55:00 AM More reviews by smilette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my most reliable brow product. Makes my brows full, groomed but not fake at all. I love the powder side, and only use the wax side to prime my brows when I go to a formal function or I want my makeup to last all day. It has good lasting power as well. It's a bit expensive but since I've used mine for a long time and barely made a dent in the powder, I would say it's actually of better value than brow pencils! But the design of the product makes it hard to apply on the go, so minus one of the overall rating. And of course the tweezers do nothing at all!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 6:51:00 AM More reviews by HelloKittyGal

Wow, a lot of you really like this product! I wish I could say the same! I hate the wax. With what little hair I have on my eyebrows, it really didn't "set" the hairs on my brows. The powder was okay, but it was nothing special. I also found that after a few hours, most of the product had faded from my brows. I tried using my own makeup brushes instead of the ones provided, but it didnít make a difference. And those tweezers?! What were they thinking?! Perhaps they are trying to be too cute (or just gimmicky)... I have found that the Ardell Brow Sculpting Gel in Almost Black works well for me. I use it to set the brow hairs. I wait a little for it to dry and then use a brow pencil to lightly fill in my brows. It's cheap. It doesn't have cute packaging, but who needs it for that price! And it sure beats the MAC Brow Set for value too!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Charlin

I love the powder part, which I use every day using my Nars eyebrow definer brush. It looks really natural and fills in all the gaps between hairs. I am not sure how to use the black gel stuff though. It goes on too dark and unevenly so I avoid it. The powder side will last forever though as you only need a tiny amount.
The tiny tools provided are handy for when you're on a short holiday and have forgotten your stuff, but I wouldn't use them every day as they are too small.
A lot of reviewers found the package hard to open. I haven't found this, but I open it using the pads of both my thumbs (one on each edge of the compact) and haven't had any problems. I can see that if you try to use your nails then it could prove difficult.
I took one lippy off for the black stuff but I will definitely buy again for the dark brown powder. It makes my brows look neat and 'manicured'.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 4:56:00 AM More reviews by xxchinadoll

I've been using this for about 2 years now and I love it! My eyebrows are naturally very faint so this product is amazing for me. It also has the gloss which is good because I find it helps keep the colour in place longer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I luv this brow-zing product is the best thing to fill your eyebrows it is soft unlike brow pencil! yikes....It is pretty pricey BUT it lasts for a VERY long time is sooooooo wort it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2008 10:51:00 PM More reviews by chicgeek21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I definitely fell in love with this product after having tried it from a Benefit kiosk at my local mall. The problem however was that while it definitely defined my brows, I could not, for the life of me, replicate the "oh-dear-god, those-are-amazing-eyebrows" that the Benefit countergirl did for me. Nevertheless, it's probably my own inability and lack of skills that's the reason. So... a definite two thumbs up! You won't regret it! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by tsaraya29

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Gone are the days of "drawing" on your eyebrows with a pencil liner. Its a pet peeve when I see women that have shaved off their brows completely and then drawn a crayon line that looks like a 1st grader could have done better. This product lets you step up your brow game and create professional quality looks easily and avoid that hideous, cartoonish fake brow. This may not work well for those with oily skin, yet I would not let that stop me from trying a great product. I've tried this in medium and dark, and while medium works, dark is better for those with black hair. Also, if you don't know what you're doing, first let a Benefit artist show you how its done. That's how I became sold.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by Suzangel

I am new to makeupalley but I am a beneFit fan. I just read everyone's reviews and I wanted to give some tips on using it. It works best when you swipe the brush in the dark color first and then tap it in the lighter one. If you use too much of the dark color you will certainly appear as if you have fake brows. I have very thin, light brows so I have always penciled but this compact saved me. The girl who introduced me to it did my makeup and used this and I loved the look. I had to get it. It is expensive but you won't run out for a while! I recommend using a hard angled brush instead of the little ones. I have the BeneFit one and it's great. And I never use the tweezers, I don't think anyone does because we have our own great pair.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by c00ki312

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try an eyebrow powder compact and this seemed to be the only well known brand. The price is so ouch-worthy (£21.50) and do not really think it's worth the hefty price tag. The product is good though. My natural brows are black but the dark brown brings out my skintone and eyes better. I apply the wax with the angle brush then the powder with the other brush. The tweezers are so small it's on the verge of useless! The packaging is so hard to open even though it's got a dent to prise it open, you still to yank at it. Another bonus is that it lasts very well providing you use the wax to hold the colour. Would propbably repurchase again unless I find a better inexpensive product...(one lippie off for price)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2008 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Pakegal

The compact is almost impossible to open. Maybe I got a bad compact? The product is good. I don't use the "paste gel" part of it because I don't want super dark eyebrows. The powder part is great! I use the hard-angled brush to apply eyeliner and the softer brush to apply the powder. Tweezers suck!
When I run out I'm going back to pencil or another eyebrow powder.