OPI Top Coat

2.7

Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Acrylates Copolymer, SD Alcohol 40B, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Tosylamide/Formaldehyde Resin, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Etocrylene, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, CI 60725

on 9/26/2010 3:44:00 AM

I personally love how thick the top coat is and how shiny it makes my nails. I paint my nails at least once a week, so I am always looking for a great top coat. I find that this one bubbles too much though! If I didn't get the product for such a reasonable price ($7) I wouldn't continue with it. But it has a fantastic consistancy to it. OPI: Get a new formula for topcoat... Love the other polishes though, never a problem!

on 9/24/2010 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I cannot get over how great this top coat is! I painted my nails 5 days ago with An Affair in Red Square, fully expecting it to chip off within a couple of days because it's a shimmery nail polish. I put on this top coat and now, five days later, I have notice one tiny little chip. I am amazed. I will use this top coat again and again and have been raving about it to my friends. Try it!

on 8/27/2010 10:58:00 AM

This top coat is just about one of the worst things that OPI has done. It chips the nails so easily, doesn't keep them shiny. They need to go back to the drawing board with this, get a new formula that lives up to the OPI name

on 8/10/2010 3:30:00 AM

I don't really like this top coat. It's definitely not quick drying, and it gets goopy on me really easily. I haven't even used up half of the bottle and I've owned it for less than a year, but the consistency has already started getting goopy on me. This creates a really thick layer which takes forever to dry. I'm definitely trying out the Seche Vite that everyone's been hyping about (especially since Sayanythingbr00ke on youtube swears by it!). I can still work with it though as long as I do my nails during the day so it doesn't get ruined when I sleep at night!

on 8/7/2010 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

this product takes forever to dry. my nails got ruined when i went to bed and i had painted them hours before:/ it applied very eassy though

on 7/28/2010 6:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I can't get Seche Vite where I live so I thought to try an OPI top coat. It is too thick, had lots of bubbles when it dried, and wasn't really shiny enough. I am now using Sally Hansen Mega Shine and it works so much better.

on 7/27/2010 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

First, the good: this absolutely makes my polish remain chip-free for longer than other/cheaper top coats have. It's a noticable difference. I also don't have my polish peeling off which happens with other top coats. When it's a new bottle, it applies nicely. It is a good product.

However, I do not think it's good value at all. I have never been able to remotely finish a bottle - or make it past much more than half the bottle - without it turning into a thick, gooey mess. Horrible application once it gets to that state. Also near impossible to get the damn lid off since it glues itself together. It also takes a very, very long time to dry. Right when you think it's dry, you end up with marks from your bedsheets or other dents and mysterious patterns. Since I throw out half the bottle and need to either apply more top coat or redo my polish all over again, I think this is just awful value.

I also tend to have problems with OPI packaging (usually only their top and base coats actually) as the brush comes out of the lid. That's annoying, especially when you've got wet nails and have to do all sorts of things to try and twist it back on and off to get the brush back on. I also prefer a finish with more shine.

This is too expensive for the trouble it brings, even though when it's good, it's pretty good...when it finally dries. (P.S. It's $10 most places I've encountered here in Canada, and in response to some of the older reviews, I've seen OPI polishes go for $12/$12.50 at higher end spas. Ridiculous, but real.)

on 7/18/2010 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I got this top coat free at Ulta when purchasing OPI nail polish colors and am glad it was free. The other reviewers were spot on about the bubbling. No matter how I apply it, thick or thin, the bubbles are there. For this reason I'll just use it for my toes and will go back to Seche Vite for my finger nails. Maybe Seche Vite has spoiled me, but this top coat does not seem all that shiny. The one redeeming quality of this product is it lasts about 1-2 days longer than Seche Vite.

on 7/12/2010 3:53:00 AM

I absolutely love opi nail polishes, but I'm disappointed with the top coat. I noticed it does help my nail polish last longer without chipping, but when I wear it, there are tons of tiny little bubbles on my nails :( there are many better top coats out there, so I probably will not repurchase

on 6/24/2010 8:41:00 PM

Not the best top coat. I use opi nail polishes and I like them, but the Top coat is kind of disappointing unlike the base coat. It is thick, almost gel like consistency so it is pretty hard to apply evenly. Anytime I use it, it makes my mail polish peel after a day or chip. I need to try something else.

Top Rated OPI Products