July 28, 2014 | 2030 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by elliegrace

AWFUL! Do not buy this top coat. It came in a set for me so it's not too much money wasted BUT it is just awful.

Very gloopy and chips easily. not like normal OPI quality..

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2010 2:38:00 PM More reviews by itsfay66

i'm not sure how much this cost since i got it as a set for a gift.. but this is one of the worst top coats i've used...!! i dont know why but it flakes soooo easily! and i just get the urge to peel it all off once it starts flaking.. sighs

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Angemb

I highly dislike this topcoat... I'm still trying to find a good 1... =( It made small bubbles on my nails when drying... it just sucks in general...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by smilesmile7890

this is THE WORST top coat one can possibly use! I did black tips on white nail polish and this polish transferred the black onto the white!! I thought it was because i didn't allow enough time to dry. so i painted my nails white one night, black tipped them the next, and top coated it the night after. STILL transfers the color!! all the polishes i use are OPI so it should be cooperative. the only reason i use a top coat is to ensure my tips stay on but now that it doesn't do well for that there's no reason for me to have this since my nail polish stays on plenty long and adding this top coat didn't elongate it any.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by nailsf0rfun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Really bad top coat. Can't say it's the worst because I've only really tried this top coat and seche vite top coat. But even when I never knew seche vite existed, I would get bed sheet marks despite being awake for 3 hours. It takes super long to dry by itself, and feels so oily. I have bubbles form everytime i put it on whether I put it on thin or thick. I did an experiment putting seche vite on some fingers and opi top coat on other fingers, opi top coat was A LOT duller. Do yourself a favour and invest in some seche vite fast dry top coat. =)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by bmst

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Best top coat I've used. It is nice consistancy and dries fairly quick. Most of my other top coats would get all thick and useless as time went on which is why I threw out all my old ones and will only use my OPI top coat. Although, never get the gift sized top coat, it gets all thick and only lasts for about 3 uses. This top coat is money well spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by amberlights12

Ive never heard of OPI nail polishes being 12.50 I work at a place that sells them for 8.50. Ulta sells them for that price too! I like the top coat Im actually painting my nails right now with princess rule, heart throb and the base and the top coat. LOVE it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was a let down.
I got this as a gift from Ulta when they had a buy 2 get 3 free or whatever on OPI.
I was hoping this would keep my polish shiny and help stop chipping.
It made my polish chip easier and it didn't keep it fresh looking.
It did however keep my nails looking shiny, but not for long.

I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by iloveOPI

This is the best top coat that I've tried so far. All of the other top coats have given me chips, but not this one! It also really helps prevent my polish from getting worn at the tips. It dries quickly too!

For those who have had bubbles form, I'd suggest applying a thin coat. I noticed that bubbles formed when I applied a medium or thick coat, but none formed at all when I applied a thin coat.

As for price, I'm not sure where they sell this for $12.50, but Target and other drugstores have them for $8.50. I get mine brand-new for cheap on eBay - this top coat AND a bottle of DripDry, as well as shipping costs, only cost me $7!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by debbsterina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

$12.50 for a top coat that is supposed to prevent chipping? I had chips the next day. I only bought this because the rep at the local beauty supply said it would do such a good job protecting the OPI color.

NOT.