April 18, 2014 | 1575 users online

Top/Base Coats - OPI - Top Coat

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2010 9:37:00 PM More reviews by amberlights12

Ive never heard of OPI nail polishes being 12.50 I work at a place that sells them for 8.50. Ulta sells them for that price too! I like the top coat Im actually painting my nails right now with princess rule, heart throb and the base and the top coat. LOVE it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was a let down.
I got this as a gift from Ulta when they had a buy 2 get 3 free or whatever on OPI.
I was hoping this would keep my polish shiny and help stop chipping.
It made my polish chip easier and it didn't keep it fresh looking.
It did however keep my nails looking shiny, but not for long.

I will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by iloveOPI

This is the best top coat that I've tried so far. All of the other top coats have given me chips, but not this one! It also really helps prevent my polish from getting worn at the tips. It dries quickly too!

For those who have had bubbles form, I'd suggest applying a thin coat. I noticed that bubbles formed when I applied a medium or thick coat, but none formed at all when I applied a thin coat.

As for price, I'm not sure where they sell this for $12.50, but Target and other drugstores have them for $8.50. I get mine brand-new for cheap on eBay - this top coat AND a bottle of DripDry, as well as shipping costs, only cost me $7!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 11:48:00 PM More reviews by debbsterina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

$12.50 for a top coat that is supposed to prevent chipping? I had chips the next day. I only bought this because the rep at the local beauty supply said it would do such a good job protecting the OPI color.

NOT.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not too impressed with this top coat. It is better then a cheapo drug store clear coat but not what I was expecting for $8.50. It is very thick and makes some of my nails get little bubbles...I really wanted this to be my fave TC, bummer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Mathilda91

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm soon to be on my third bottle! I love this topcoat, makes my polish stay for about at week or so. Lots of shine as well, and the broad brush makes it easy to apply. The downside is the price, but then I get away with very cheap polishes.
Edit: This summer i noticed that my sunscreen seamed to ruin my nailpolish, but when I stardet using an Essie-topcoat, my polish was fine. Will not buy Opi again, as I'd rather use sunscreen;)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by loriyu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a fan of Seche Vite, so this doesn't cut it for me. In terms of top coat, it adds an extra layer of polish which can help avoid chipping, but if I were to just put another coat of color on, it would do the same thing. Doesn't add much shine, doesn't smooth out the color underneath. OPI could do better than this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is not a good TC. It does not prevent my nails from chipping. Only protects for a maximum of 3-4days. My polishes are soft under this TC. This just makes my nails look shiny and does not seal the polish at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 2:01:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I really thought this would be a great product, since OPI generally do quite high quality products. However, this top coat is awful - it is expensive, and the price isn't justified at all by the results. While it does appear to make a manicure last, it takes a long time to dry, and it's brush, and the polish, absorb the color from the polishes, resulting in the polish in bottle changing color. Will use up my current bottle (due to its absorbing color, it is relegated as only being used over red polishes), but since there are so many better top coats out there (including my HG, CND Super Shiney), I will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by belinduh319

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didnt like this topcoat for a 2 reasons. One, it takes forever to dry. Two, its very thick and sticky..i really had high hopes for it since OPI is a good nail polish brand.