April 17, 2014 | 1277 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 8:14:00 PM More reviews by youdee

If your skin is medium, don't be put off by the 'dark' part of the description - this powder is wayyy off being dark. Conversely if you have darker skin you may want to opt for the 'dark' version instead. It seems as though MAC screwed up in naming the shades. This powder is great for setting makeup as it does not look chalky or cakey and has a very smooth texture. I HATE that horrible, scratchy, ashy, chalky texture some powders seem to have. This is definately silky. To avoid looking overly matt I use this on either side of my nose, my chin and between my eyebrows only. In a day I only have to blot once (or apply some powder) to be oil free for the rest of the day. Also this leaves behind little colour so it doesn't dull the effect of my YSL Touche Eclat and Benefit Moon Beam.

I don't use the applicator as I find that sponges make for cakey application. Using a powder brush gives you very natural, silky coverage. I would prefer something a bit more finely milled in texture like Chanel Poudre Universelle but until I get my hands on that, MAC Blot is working very well indeed. I haven't used a better setting powder than this one yet, I will definately use the whole thing and will buy it again if Chanel doesn't work out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2009 5:41:00 PM More reviews by bluegreeneyes2001

u kno, the strange thing is im an NC20 but i bought this in medium dark becuz in tha store it looked reeeeeeeeaaallllyyyyy light ( the medium shade looked off white and tha light looked pure white). i got outside and it looked a tad darker than itd appeard in tha store so i was worried but after swiping my finger across it and seeing how light it came up on my finger tha worry subsided and i tried it...I LUV it!!! this stuff is exactly wat i've been looking for! my skin is fair and oily and this took away all tha oil and any grease WITHOUT making my face look fuzzy or powdery. u kno how sometimes with powder u can tell its there? it mite make ur nose or forehead look a lil fuzzy? not with this. its perfect! just smooth, soft, matte-ness lol. i dont like the completely matte look (where u can tell ur waring makeup and u look kinda dull) and this gives a natural matte look if that makes any sense, its soft and smooth looking rather than dry and dull looking. i use a powder brush and swipe this across my forehead, nose and chin and leave the rest of my face powder-less which leaves my skin looking fresh with a slight glow. all in all a great purchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 1:09:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Here's me: NC 30/35, BE Golden Medium, EM Golden Medium, Shiseido O40; oily t-zone; not terribly acne-prone; bought Blot Pressed Powder in Medium/Dark. Here's the more interesting part: I first went to the MAC counter at Macy's for this and the MA took one look at me and immediately said I needed Medium/Dark. Unfortunately, they were sold out so I went to the freestanding store and the MA there said I was definitely a Medium. Her reasoning was that I could really wear either, but mentioned that she wore Medium and was an NC 30. She went on to add that for *most* people, the colors are pretty forgiving and that if you notice the powder after application, it means you've put on too much (the exceptions being the very pale and the very deepest skintones). Okay, that makes sense to me. However, I went w/ Medium/Dark b/c 1) the lighting in that store was that blinding white kind which is enough to make anyone look a few shades lighter than normal, 2) while she was very nice, well, I noticed the powder on *her* face, making me hesitant to take her advice, and 3) MUA told me to. As for the powder itself, I like it and feels that it does what it says it'll do. I still need to touch-up midday, but that's okay. I'd have to use blotting papers around the same time, too, and w/o a dusting of Blot in the mornings, my skin looks and feels much oilier by lunchtime. I'm sure there are comparable products out there for less, but seeing as this is carried around in my purse all day, I'm willing to pay more for sturdier packaging. I have to say, though, that I would also like a separate compartment for a puff/sponge. A girl's gotta be able to powder her nose w/o sticking the now-oily puff back on the powder...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by tenderheart003

When people say blot powder runs light, boy do they mean it. I am an NW25 and went with medium dark and it looks so light in the compact! On the skin it is very translucent and does indeed stop oil in it's tracks. I have combo to dry skin and use this once during the day lightly patted onto forehead, cheeks and nose and that is all I need. I use Chanel TI and MAC select sheer powder in the morning and this glides on without caking in the afternoon. It also doesn't break out my acne-prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

medium dark sounds... so medium dark. i am nc 35 and consider myself light-med skin toned but this powder looks light. its translucent and aborbs oil. i apply this after my powder foundation to keep it in place and to use w/o adding more load on my face. i like it so much i got my sister one. a cheaper version would be mark's mattenificent powder. same thing but only 8bucks compared to 20.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by supastar92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have to say that i really like this powder, i have incredibley oily skin and usually i have trouble keeping my skin fresh and matte. This powder is not pigmented so it will not cover flaws, however, saying that, it does seem to blur them slightly? Im an NC30 and i bought this in Medium/Dark (i was originally told by the SA to get Medium but i found that made by skin look ashy) and the shade is perfect. The powder is very fine and invisible on the skin, especially when you have had it on for half an hour or so. One thing that i would like to point out is that unlike alot of other MAC products this did not cause and breakouts! I use this to set my foundation and touch up and its awesome, never cakes or looks 'overly powdery' and id say that it keeps my skin pretty matte for about 3-4 hours (longer if i use botting sheets before hand). Love this stuff and im now on my 5th one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2008 1:13:00 AM More reviews by trinigal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm an nw 40 fondation, this blotting powder i where in dark. works really well and doesn't get chalky or ashy. I use it over my concealor when i don't want to wear fondation .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this at my CCO for only $12 and I absolutely love it. When I first swiped it with my brush, I looked at the bristles and wondered why it seemed as if there were no powder on it. I still applied it on my face and it gave me this great matte look. I did not have any oily areas and it set my foundation perfectly. I usually don't use the little puff that comes with the compact, but I do take it around inside it so that I could do small touch-ups here and there when I'm out of the house, which is pretty dandy. I'm an NC30 and this powder really does get rid of oil (but not in a cakey way!) without giving off any color. Great product and it really fulfilled my expectations I had after reading all the reviews here.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by micka686

I used to use Cover FX for the last year or so. I just switched to MAC Blot Powder. I am using the Medium one. It is a great product. I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by farah0718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product! I get a very oily T-zone and this powder fixes the problem. I apply it over my foundation and you can't tell that I've got any powder on. It doesn't make me look cakey like other powders have made me look. Will definetly buy again :)