MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I so wanted to love this powder. This powder looked ashy/chalky on my skin and worst of all, it broke me out!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

At first I was hesitant on spending $20 on such an iffy product, but I went ahead and did it and I LOVE it. Within 1-2 hours of applying my makeup I instantly find that my T zone is oily again, and when this powder is applied it leaves a soft, velvet-y, natural finish. I find that I STILL have to apply this more often than I wish I'd have to, but makeup can only do so much. *****

The price is ok for a MAC product I expected to pay at least 25 euro but it only cost 20. In MAC products I'm an NW 20 so I was very surpriced when they recommended the medium/dark one but I haven't had any problems with it. I use this as a settingpowder on my T-zone and it works great I only have to touch-up every 5 hours or so.
The compact it came in wasn't that good and the powderpuff was rubish. I depotted it and put it in my hello kitty beautypowder compact which is way sturdier and prettier.
It has only one downpart... many layers will look caky.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is everybody's favorite and it has come to be mine too.
It is impressive that my oily skin suddenly gets velvet like when I apply it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Blot powder is a awesome product. I've using this blotting powder for a few years now and I keep coming back. I have oily/combo skin and this works se well. It doesn't build up and add more gunk on your face, really light. No breakouts at all, which is a plus for me. I use a 187se to apply it and it's a perfect combo. The 187 is the travel size and I put a brush guard over it and just put it in my makeup bag with my to go must haves, blot powder being one of them, and i'm good.

The packaging is in the sleek black matte container. This powder is pressed so please be careful....DON'T drop it. I dropped a brand new one once and it still cracked=( I guess that's the only downside about this product. But that's with a lot with all other pressed powders. It comes with a powder puff thingy but I don't use it on my face. I leave it in so the mirrir doesn't get a powdery.

I will continue purchasing this powder as long as they make it. Great stuff. Try it and you'll like it=)

I continuously buy this product over and over when I run out because it blots the shine away and it doesn't break me out. Certain MAC face products DO break me out so I stay away from their foundations, tinted moisturizers, etc, but this one doesn't damage my skin! It's very handy to have.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm an NC40. Works great! Eliminates shine and allows less touch-ups.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This blot powder definitely does its job!
PROS: eliminates shine, makes my face look more matte after I've been sweating lots.
CONS: can't store the sponge in the compact like the moistureblend, for the price I can buy blotting sheets to do the job (something I found out after I bought this), I dropped the compact and everything came apart... including the powder.. I know, clumsy me, but I wish it was more durable!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the refined look this gives skin! You will look like you have sexy skin naturallly. Its perfect for touch ups. It comes with a puff and a mirror. I highly recommend this pressed powder compact for everyone. This is great, go buy it!

If your skin is medium, don't be put off by the 'dark' part of the description - this powder is wayyy off being dark. Conversely if you have darker skin you may want to opt for the 'dark' version instead. It seems as though MAC screwed up in naming the shades. This powder is great for setting makeup as it does not look chalky or cakey and has a very smooth texture. I HATE that horrible, scratchy, ashy, chalky texture some powders seem to have. This is definately silky. To avoid looking overly matt I use this on either side of my nose, my chin and between my eyebrows only. In a day I only have to blot once (or apply some powder) to be oil free for the rest of the day. Also this leaves behind little colour so it doesn't dull the effect of my YSL Touche Eclat and Benefit Moon Beam.

I don't use the applicator as I find that sponges make for cakey application. Using a powder brush gives you very natural, silky coverage. I would prefer something a bit more finely milled in texture like Chanel Poudre Universelle but until I get my hands on that, MAC Blot is working very well indeed. I haven't used a better setting powder than this one yet, I will definately use the whole thing and will buy it again if Chanel doesn't work out.

Recommended for Normal Skin