MAC Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

4.4

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is everybody's favorite and it has come to be mine too.
It is impressive that my oily skin suddenly gets velvet like when I apply it.

on 4/15/2009 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Blot powder is a awesome product. I've using this blotting powder for a few years now and I keep coming back. I have oily/combo skin and this works se well. It doesn't build up and add more gunk on your face, really light. No breakouts at all, which is a plus for me. I use a 187se to apply it and it's a perfect combo. The 187 is the travel size and I put a brush guard over it and just put it in my makeup bag with my to go must haves, blot powder being one of them, and i'm good.

The packaging is in the sleek black matte container. This powder is pressed so please be careful....DON'T drop it. I dropped a brand new one once and it still cracked=( I guess that's the only downside about this product. But that's with a lot with all other pressed powders. It comes with a powder puff thingy but I don't use it on my face. I leave it in so the mirrir doesn't get a powdery.

I will continue purchasing this powder as long as they make it. Great stuff. Try it and you'll like it=)

on 3/24/2009 7:58:00 PM

I continuously buy this product over and over when I run out because it blots the shine away and it doesn't break me out. Certain MAC face products DO break me out so I stay away from their foundations, tinted moisturizers, etc, but this one doesn't damage my skin! It's very handy to have.

on 3/24/2009 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm an NC40. Works great! Eliminates shine and allows less touch-ups.

on 3/24/2009 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This blot powder definitely does its job!
PROS: eliminates shine, makes my face look more matte after I've been sweating lots.
CONS: can't store the sponge in the compact like the moistureblend, for the price I can buy blotting sheets to do the job (something I found out after I bought this), I dropped the compact and everything came apart... including the powder.. I know, clumsy me, but I wish it was more durable!

on 2/28/2009 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love the refined look this gives skin! You will look like you have sexy skin naturallly. Its perfect for touch ups. It comes with a puff and a mirror. I highly recommend this pressed powder compact for everyone. This is great, go buy it!

on 1/30/2009 8:14:00 PM

If your skin is medium, don't be put off by the 'dark' part of the description - this powder is wayyy off being dark. Conversely if you have darker skin you may want to opt for the 'dark' version instead. It seems as though MAC screwed up in naming the shades. This powder is great for setting makeup as it does not look chalky or cakey and has a very smooth texture. I HATE that horrible, scratchy, ashy, chalky texture some powders seem to have. This is definately silky. To avoid looking overly matt I use this on either side of my nose, my chin and between my eyebrows only. In a day I only have to blot once (or apply some powder) to be oil free for the rest of the day. Also this leaves behind little colour so it doesn't dull the effect of my YSL Touche Eclat and Benefit Moon Beam.

I don't use the applicator as I find that sponges make for cakey application. Using a powder brush gives you very natural, silky coverage. I would prefer something a bit more finely milled in texture like Chanel Poudre Universelle but until I get my hands on that, MAC Blot is working very well indeed. I haven't used a better setting powder than this one yet, I will definately use the whole thing and will buy it again if Chanel doesn't work out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

u kno, the strange thing is im an NC20 but i bought this in medium dark becuz in tha store it looked reeeeeeeeaaallllyyyyy light ( the medium shade looked off white and tha light looked pure white). i got outside and it looked a tad darker than itd appeard in tha store so i was worried but after swiping my finger across it and seeing how light it came up on my finger tha worry subsided and i tried it...I LUV it!!! this stuff is exactly wat i've been looking for! my skin is fair and oily and this took away all tha oil and any grease WITHOUT making my face look fuzzy or powdery. u kno how sometimes with powder u can tell its there? it mite make ur nose or forehead look a lil fuzzy? not with this. its perfect! just smooth, soft, matte-ness lol. i dont like the completely matte look (where u can tell ur waring makeup and u look kinda dull) and this gives a natural matte look if that makes any sense, its soft and smooth looking rather than dry and dull looking. i use a powder brush and swipe this across my forehead, nose and chin and leave the rest of my face powder-less which leaves my skin looking fresh with a slight glow. all in all a great purchase.

on 1/27/2009 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Here's me: NC 30/35, BE Golden Medium, EM Golden Medium, Shiseido O40; oily t-zone; not terribly acne-prone; bought Blot Pressed Powder in Medium/Dark. Here's the more interesting part: I first went to the MAC counter at Macy's for this and the MA took one look at me and immediately said I needed Medium/Dark. Unfortunately, they were sold out so I went to the freestanding store and the MA there said I was definitely a Medium. Her reasoning was that I could really wear either, but mentioned that she wore Medium and was an NC 30. She went on to add that for *most* people, the colors are pretty forgiving and that if you notice the powder after application, it means you've put on too much (the exceptions being the very pale and the very deepest skintones). Okay, that makes sense to me. However, I went w/ Medium/Dark b/c 1) the lighting in that store was that blinding white kind which is enough to make anyone look a few shades lighter than normal, 2) while she was very nice, well, I noticed the powder on *her* face, making me hesitant to take her advice, and 3) MUA told me to. As for the powder itself, I like it and feels that it does what it says it'll do. I still need to touch-up midday, but that's okay. I'd have to use blotting papers around the same time, too, and w/o a dusting of Blot in the mornings, my skin looks and feels much oilier by lunchtime. I'm sure there are comparable products out there for less, but seeing as this is carried around in my purse all day, I'm willing to pay more for sturdier packaging. I have to say, though, that I would also like a separate compartment for a puff/sponge. A girl's gotta be able to powder her nose w/o sticking the now-oily puff back on the powder...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

When people say blot powder runs light, boy do they mean it. I am an NW25 and went with medium dark and it looks so light in the compact! On the skin it is very translucent and does indeed stop oil in it's tracks. I have combo to dry skin and use this once during the day lightly patted onto forehead, cheeks and nose and that is all I need. I use Chanel TI and MAC select sheer powder in the morning and this glides on without caking in the afternoon. It also doesn't break out my acne-prone skin.