July 24, 2014 | 2050 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in cypress beige. I use NC 30 MAC and I really liked this. I never used this wet so I cannot review on that but really like it as a finishing powder and even use it by itself on days when I don't wear foundation. I reach for this more than my MAC Skin finish powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Dreviola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gave me cystic acne :(.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for three weeks now, and it's become my daily go-to foundation. My skin is acne-ridden so it doesn't have quite enough coverage to be my only foundation, but if I lightly apply liquid foundation then finish off with this (applied wet), nothing budges and it doesn't look cakey. I'm amazed!
I actually love the sponge that comes in the compact, it's very thick and not those thin useless ones that normally come with powder foundation. It holds up to washing quite well. The rest of the packaging is very nice, not clunky or bulky.
The only thing that stops me from giving this a 5 is the color selection. The closest match for me is Laurel Nude but it's not perfect. It was hard to tell the colors of the powders by the boxes because the swatches were horrible, and there weren't that many colors. If Laurel Nude was slightly less pink it would be perfect for me.
Overall I'd definitely recommend this to those looking for a full coverage powder foundation. It's budget-friendly and you definitely get your money's worth.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by str8thuggin

One word: gross.

This looked like orange mud on my skin. Cakey as all get out and didn't even cover well. Apparently some peeps really love this foundation so if you decide to give it a try just be sure to keep your receipt so you can take this sucker back to Sally's if it looks like ass on you like it did on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jbschott

I tried this foundation, wearing it several times over several months. As other have indicated, it always seemed to oxidize and turn orange. I applied it with a kabuki brush, as well as the sponge applicator included. I also used it with and without foundation primer. No matter what I did it always turned orange, as well as caking in fine lines and emphasizing wrinkles. I like other Palladio products; unfortunately this one didn't work out.

I wanted to update my review because I have used this product as a powder over a liquid foundation (Lancome Teint Idole) & found it gave a beautiful matte finish. I wouldn't have even tried it as such but happened not to have powder with me one day. I did have this foundation & gave it a try. I'm glad I did because it worked beautifully. I've also used it periodically throughout the day & have found it always leaves a great matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by patriciascot

I LOVE this foundation! Great coverage, lasts all day and a fantastic price. I have tired so many powder foundations and I have finally found my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by tm1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder makeup gives good coverage, my exact color is laurel nude. Not bad for $ 9.99.can be purchased at Sally beauty supply or Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives off coverage because I wanted extra covering, so I go this and it's nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

The coverage from this is amazing without being cakey. Its probably medium coverage applied dry and applied wet its medium/full. I've pretty much given up on liquid foundations and this is by far the best powder one I've tried. I apply it with my SK flat top brush and it blends beautifully and provides good coverage. If I want a bit more coverage I spray the brush with fix+ and apply it that way. No breakouts or irritation either.
However this does have a few cons. First the color selection sucks. All of the shades seem to be very pink or beige. I bought 401 laurel nude and its a bit too pink for my NC15 skin, but it looks ok as long as I blend it really well down my neck. Second it doesn't last all day on me, but then again nothing really does. It is convienent to carry around for touch ups though. Third there isn't a lot of product. I've been using it about 3 weeks and I've already hit pan on it.
Overall I do like it and will repurchase. You can find it at Sallys or Ulta for around $9.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by chitinaak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Silky smooth, not sparkly. Does not cake or or dry out skin like some powders. I love it.