Ponds Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

Mineral Oil, Aqua, Ceresin, Beeswax, Triethanolamine, Behenic Acid, Fragrance, Ceteth-20, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Methylparaben.

on 1/28/2014 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Alright guys, I just have to say something before my official review.

Firstly, I used this only as the new formula, having just started recently. I have to tell you, I am HIGHLY reactive to chemicals (and even some non-chemicals like oils) and clog very, very easily. I try to keep to a simple routine, using aloe and lavender oil, maybe some sulfur or clay as main daily products in my routine. I have tried **everything**, cleansers, moisturizers, treatments, drugstore, HE, even prescription and most dry me out and break me out. I am fairly natural when it comes to food and products, HOWEVER: I really think people over hype some of the chemicals in products. I get wanting to be natural and being wary, definitely doing research is great. But for me, for example, I do not react to DMDM hydantoin. Yea, it's a derivative of formaldehyde, which is a little scary. (A lot of nail products have *actual* formaldehyde in them) But chemistry is very interesting in that 'a derivative of' does not mean it's the same thing. In chemistry, you change one part, the whole thing is different. Often they will have similar properties though, and in this instance this chemical is a preservative, used in very small amounts, (and only shown reactive in doses over 0.2% *to those who have an allergy to it*) to prevent mold and fungus from growing in your jar. Please understand that I'm not extolling the virtues of this chemical, I'm not. I'm only using it as an example and stating that it really is about each persons personal allergies and reactants, not necessarily the product itself. Do I trust that every corporation is careful to never put toxic ingredients in their products? No. I don't trust them that much. I just don't want people to be overly scared of something just based on name and rumor only. Remember how bad and scary botox was (and is) as a freaky facial injection? Well there is research now that people use botox injections to fight migraines and cerebral palsy. That's a big freaking deal. So do I love botox, hell no. But it has it's uses and can be beneficial. That's all.

So onto my review. I liked this for a while and stuck with it for a few weeks. I did try it by wetting my face first rather than putting it on dry, which seemed a bit odd to me as I'm not used to that. I liked that I didn't have to freak out about a moisturizer being potentially clogging as this was very emollient and I was using it during a cold, harsh winter and still felt pretty soft when using this, though it wasn't perfect. I had concerns about reside and product still being left behind so I would use a warm washcloth and started to use a toner as well. First witch hazel with lavender and then later Burts Bees Rosewater. I also didn't like the idea of using a tissue, it just felt like it was too wasteful and harsh and would add unecessary tugging. After a few weeks, I still felt it wasn't doing much in terms of helping with my bumps and clogs, and while my problems might be internal and a cleanser alone won't do the trick, it felt just too greasy for me and potentially problematic so I returned it. I returned to my previous cleanser, which was Olay sensitive foaming face wash and though I had issues with dryness in the past with that, I'm having better luck now. I also tried a few Mario Badescu cleansers but the Olay has proven to be the best over time.

on 1/26/2014 11:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

All the magic you need in one jar. I've tried so many make-up removers but I will always go back to this one. I prefer using a cold cream that baby oil as a cheap option to wipe off makeup. I dab some cream on my face and rub it gently on my eyes for a few seconds, next thing I know all my heavy makeup is gone in an instant. My grandmother has been using this and according to my mom, this was the secret to my granny's youthful glow. Why purchase an expensive product when you can have a cheap drugstore product like this that does great wonders? Will repurchase this over and over again.

on 1/24/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I didn't like it. It didn't feel like it left my face clean.

on 1/24/2014 6:57:00 AM

Ponds Cold Cream
I have used cleansers from the most expensive to the least and when I started to use the Ponds Cold Cream to take my make-up off, found that it not only removed the make-up but my skin felt soft and clean. This product removed all traces of make-up, all. Follow up with your ponds cream day and night and you will never regret it. Experience it yourself and you will testify for yourself to your friends and family.

This is very YMMV. Having used their Makeup Remover with Cucumber cleanser and liking it a lot, I decided to try this since my skin gets drier in the winter, figuring it would be better since it is a richer formula. I love using a makeup removing product first, and then washing my face with my usual cleanser aftewards. I've tried many, from several cleansing oils (my personal favorite) to creams like this. I love how it's so easy to find (in every drugstore) and it is a classic, but it just doesn't work for me. Despite the fact that I wash my face afterwards to remove any residue, every time I've used this I've ended up with clogged pores. Not sure what is in this that causes it (the cucumber cleanser doesn't affect my skin this way) but this is definitely the culprit. I love the thick feel of it though, and even the scent, just can't use it. My skin is particularly sensitive to clogging and blackheads though. Worth a try, and it is a classic for a reason! Just be careful and watch for signs of how it may be affecting your skin!

on 1/14/2014 3:20:00 PM

I love Ponds Cold Cream. I am 36 years old and have had issues with acne / breakouts ever since I stopped taking birth control pills a few years ago. I have tried everything under the sun to clear my skin - prescriptions, proactiv, drug store products, department store products and "natural" remedies. Some helped a little but I still never felt confident in the results and the breakouts would always return within a few days, sometimes worse than before.

Ponds however, had changed my life. I know that sounds dramatic but its true! If you have acne, it really can put a crimp in your relationships, social life and most important, your self-esteem. Within one week the breakouts stopped and within two weeks, I was seeing supple, clear skin. Its amazing and I will never stop using this product.

Here is how I use the Ponds: PM - scoop some out and massage into skin for about 1-2 minute(s), rinse off with hot water / washcloth.(I use older, softer washcloths for the cold cream removal) and then pat my skin dry. Then, I take a little more and to use as a moisturizer. I have the same routine for the morning, except after washing off the cold cream I use the Ponds BB Cream for daytime SPF. The cold cream really is an all-in-one product and I love it!

on 1/14/2014 11:55:00 AM

I had to use this in a pinch and I broke out in zits and blackheads in one day.

on 1/14/2014 11:44:00 AM

Like I always say....fight fire with fire. I tend to be oily. When I put this on at night and in the morning, my skin is less oily. I don't even know why I stray away from this. I try other facial care products, washes, serums, etc....when the only thing I need for cleansing and moisturizing is this jar. I love this stuff. I can't say anything more that hasn't already been said, but I have a suggestion that works great for me. For a moisturizing mask, I slather a THICK layer of this all over my face. Then I heat a damp handtowel in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. I take out the cloth and wrap around my face. This helps the cream to really sink in and plump the skin. I leave it on for about 5 minutes, then I wipe the excess off. It helps to get rid of my blackheads and unclogs pores. There's a reason this has been around for so long.

on 1/14/2014 11:30:00 AM

THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!! I was desperate due to clogged pores and breaking out...I started looking on trusty MA for something new to try and realized this gets lots of positive reviews and I had a jar on hand from prior use as a makeup remover...I took the scarey plunge...thinking mineral oil bad....and used it as a cleanser day and night for three days only but the results are ASTOUNDING! I just rubbed it on my face for little while and night and took off with a warm damp washcloth...lot less mess than splashing all over the sink! And in the morning I just rubbed into skin and rubbed with warm washcloth in shower and rinsed off....I am shocked....in three days, all my clogged pores...and I have large pores that clog overnight I swear....THEY ARE ALMOST ALL GONE....this is a MIRACLE I tell ya! NOTHING has ever done that and I honestly figured I'd be broke out in the morning....crazy. My only conclusion must be that this does such an excellent job removing makeup that it's a mircale in a jar....will keep you updated if this turns south but for now....I"M SOLD! FOREVER! WOW

on 1/9/2014 10:13:00 AM

For those of you looking for a dupe for the ORIGINAL Ponds cold cream, check out Merle Norman gentle cleansing cream. The ingredients are almost exactly the same as the original Ponds except instead of ceresin it has paraffin (which from what I understand ceresin is mostly paraffin anyways) and the added ingredient of cocoa butter.