April 21, 2014 | 895 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Deep Cleanser Cold Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Linch

Excellent product so far!

I don't usually write reviews so here goes.. You can skip to the end to hear the actual review of the product.

I don't know how to explain what a great product it is when everyone already has. I'll just give my story. Which you all have probably heard before.

I have dry skin which tends to get a little oily and flakey. I have little dry flakey patches here and there but I don't break out much (Which i am very grateful for). I must mention that i am terrible about washing my make up off before i go to bed. I've tried tons of products for my skin such as facial cleansers, moisturizers, primers, serums, exlirs and they all do not work. I've changed up my foundation and face lotion. I've purchased a Mia in hopes to exfoliate the dry skin away which didn't work well so I was never faithful with it. I mean they all worked for the time being because it was something new and it covered up my problem but it never helped or fixed it. No matter how expensive or great a product is if you don't like it, you will not use it. Simple as that.

I came across this product one day when I was at my brothers place and I saw a little jar in the bathroom. It was his girlfriends but I figured she wouldn't mind if i used it because we're close and she always recommends stuff to me. So I tried it out and it worked like a charm.

I smoothed the product all over my face, used a wet paper towel to rinse it and all my make up came right off. Right after I would pat my face dry. I continued to do that 2-3 more times through out a few weeks which wasn't much but I did notice I used it whenever I was at my brothers house. I then realized that I really liked the product and had to get one of my own, & of course I was in search of a another moisturizer. I've been using it for about 3 days now and I do notice a significant difference in my skin but I use the ponds dry skin cream right after to keep it moisturized. It has reduced my redness and made it so much smoother, my skin no longer dries out and it looks amazing. It's absolutely something that I've been hoping to find and I found it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2013 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Leslie29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

A great product in so many ways.

I started out using this as a body mask in the shower......slather on and liightly rince off.
It leaves your skin soft and smooth, and i only apply further moisturizer during the cold dry winter.

I have combo facial skin (oily t zone, and painfully dry red cheeks). I had tried OCM for a while, and while my cheeks liked it, my nose broke out in a bubbly pink congested mess.
Was reluctant to try the ponds on my face, thinking the moisture would be too much for my greasy t zone....but, emboldened by the good reviews on makeupalley, I tried any way.

And holy cow. After I dried off, my face was clean, soft and smooth. For weks I was waiting for the congested cyst to pop up in protest n my nose or forehead, but it never happened.
After 3 months, the redness in my cheeks has evened out, and the oily/dry thing I had going has seemed to balance itself out.

As other reviewers have advised, I smooth it on, and remove it with a damp wash cloth. This does exactly what a good cleanser should do.... it cleans without stripping every last vestage of moisture from your skin.

I paid $6.99 (canadian$ ) at Walmart, where it's often a BOGO. So, very cost effective as well.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by Jevans714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is an oldie but goodie! i been using this since i was 12 because my mom uses it too and shes been using it since she was young so this stuff goes way back! i love this esp for those nights when your to lazy to do a full face wash ponds does the trick. for $5 get yourself a jar its worth it :) and it lasts a very long time i just ran out after having mine for 6 months!! i save the cute jar when i use mine up for makeup brushes and jewelry etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Monseter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I've wasted a lot of money on makeup remover wipes and I got tired of drying my face out with them (because of all the alcohol!!!!) anyway, after reading allll the reviews on mua (literally, ALL OF THEM.) I went through with it and bought a small container of this.

Totally worth the five bucks, removes your makeup completely and doesn't leave much residue. All you have to do is massage it into your skin for about a minute, use a kleenex or baby wipe and wipe of all the makeup softly. You don't need to rub much because it literally dissolves the makeup. I'm really skeptical about it removing it all the first time so I always go over it a second time only to feel stupid because there's seriously no makeup left on my face, one time is enough!

I have really acne prone, oily, sensitive skin and this has yet to break me out. I have regular hormonal breakouts and my skin is really touchy but seriously this hasn't done ANYTHING to upset my skin. I use it daily whether it's just to remove eye makeup remover or a full face of makeup (foundation, powder, blush, concealer) and it gets eeeeverything off. I follow with my regular cleanser (clean and clear's deep action cream cleanser) and then go over my face with my homemade apple cider vinegar toner. My face feels neither dry nor oily and it most definitely leaves my face feeling clean. Will continue repurchasing for sure.

I will say that.......I absolutely despise the packaging BUT I manage to get the product out without having to stick my fingers in the product.

EDIT 9/8/2013: Just bought my second tub of this stuff and still loving it. Doesn't break me out and it literally melts the makeup off my face. I use baby wipes to take it off and then follow up with an olay cleansing cloth to get absolutely EVERYTHING off.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by jhuaniey

I truly believe it's my HG makeup remover both for removing eye makeup and face makeup. I don't use face makeup everyday, apart from maybe a bit of concealer, but I do use eyeliner everyday. I don't use mascara everyday because I hate struggling to remove it and it just ends up on my towels (which is a pain to clean). I used to use Neutragena eye makeup remover, but even then it's hard to get rid of most of my mascaras (not to mention that my eyelids get really irritated and they start to get sensitive and sting).

Reasons why I love the Cold cream : 1. You get SO MUCH product it's ridiculous. People complain about the price because it's a drugstore product but honestly, I've been using it for a couple of weeks now and I barely scratched off the surface even though I'm quite generous when putting it on. 2. It does NOT sting my eyes and it even moisturizes my eyelids. I don't have sensitive eyes, but my eyelids are very thin and so I love how freely I can rub it on (so that I get all my makeup off) but still know that my lids won't hurt afterwards. 3. I got it at CVS for half price (buy 1 get 1 free) and honestly it's gonna last me for a good couple of years maybe. So look out for deals like that. 4. Doesn't break out my acne prone skin.

I have VERY flaky skin around my nose and forehead but other than that, my skin gets ridiculously oily no matter what season.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by IamJasmine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I first started using this because my Mamaw uses it. :) I use this to remove my eye makeup, and it takes every bit off, and I usually do dramatic eye makeup! I've repurchased this before and will keep repurchasing. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LumiNaughty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG makeup remover for me!! I have clog and acne prone skin and this stuff is awesome!! It takes off ALL makeup, waterproof mascara, and sunscreen. I massage it into dry skin and then remove with warm damp cloth. It leaves my skin soft! If I want to remove any excess then I just lather up some bar soap and lightly rub than on and rinse off. I have yet to find a great moisturizer that doesnt turn into an oil slick and for times when I need to look great but not worry about sunscreen I rub in Ponds, take shower and remove and then apply makeup without anything extra...flawless for me. Ponds reformulated this product in the past year and this review is for the updated version...my skin noticed no difference. Again, HG for me!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by nattib2

I use this as a makeup primer, and it delivers flawless application on any foundation. i have tried so many primers but nothing delivers a dewy satin glow like this cold cream. I would often get dry patches on my skin after makeup application but this eliminates that problem. everyone should have a jar!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Best product out there to cleanse all traces of makeup an pollutants! I guarantee you! I find it kind of expensive for the quantity but it is well worth it. Nothing pampers the skin like this! Just massage your face with it and remove with a damp washcloth. Everything will come off, even eye makeup, and it does not irritate the skin at all! I have sensitive acne-prone skin and believe me, I've tried using makeup removing towlettes since they've had a hype lately and all they did was provoke me some serious acne. I always return to this product and I've been using it for 6 years now! It has been used by my aunts and my mom and they all have lovely skin. It's just the best classic product!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by phoenixstar76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This used to be an old standby for me, it was so soothing and cleaned deeply. My sensitive skin has been acting up lately, so I ordered some. Sadly Pond's has changed the formulation. Not only is it not as thick as it once was, but it now also BURNS my skin! I can't believe it, they ruined such a good product. When I read the reviews on Amazon (after my purchase) I saw that others had noticed the changes as well. It sucks. Don't let the look of the old jar fool you, this is not the original!!