This is a good deal for ecology, for MAC and for the consumer ... I have had only great dealings with my MAC sa's when taking back packaging and have a great eyeshadow collection because of it. One thing I do not understand, however, is why they will only give you an e/s in a pot in exchange for the trade ins. Then you depot it anyway???Oh well - love the program!
I love B2M!! I usually turn in depotted e/s pots, and never had a problem at a freestanding store... even received compliments on how well I depot! In return I usually get just normal eyeshadows, but I have gotten a mineralize one before, too. I've definitely used the heck out of this program, and love it! I try to buy the pro pans when I can, but usually have pots around due to CCO purchases so I can usually use the program several times a year, depending on my buying habits. Definitely helped me become really brand loyal... dunno if that's good or bad :D
This program is great - I love to recycle & this is even better in that I get something back.
How it works: you turn in the packaging/containers from 6 (Authentic) MAC purchases (normally, empty) & you get 1 free item (traditionally a lipstick, but sometimes an eyeshadow), of your choice, in return.
Things to know:
- this transaction can be conducted online... go to their website, complete the questions, a form will appear for you to print out & put your (LIPSTICK ONLY) request on, and mail it in with your empties.
- at the counter/store, they MAY let you chose an eyeshadow instead
- some counters require the metal pans in your eyeshadow depots (you can buy these in bulk online, for cheap)
- check with your counter or store to determine what condition they will accept your empties in, and what (eyeshadow or lipstick) you will be able to receive in return.
- you cannot Back 2 Mac (B2M) for the Viva Glam products ... but does it really matter - you're cheating the charity by getting it for free.... just make the donation (100% of purchase price) and buy the Viva Glams :)
- you can go online and see what products' empties you're allowed to B2M
Overall, this is a really great program that more cosmetic companies should offer.
This program is great if you have an actual MAC store around! However I don't and Macy's sucks for B2M! Don't go there if you have to choose go to Dillards! Macy's doesn't any longer accep Limited Edition empties or makeup remover wipe refill empties ( I know!) So I had to wait to get my mom a lipstick, and they said it had to be a plushglass or lipstick. The rules are changing up depending on he counter and the store. I LOVE this program though it is so helpful, I just wish the rules applied to ALL mac counters and stores.
Great program and I use it often since I buy a lot of MAC makeup. Help the environment and your pocketbook at the same time!
I love this program. I wish all companies would take part in something like this. It is good for everyone involved.
Obviously, this only works if you use enough MAC products to accumulate six empty containers.
I go through Zoomlash at a rate of maybe one every two months.
There is nothing negative to say about this program. You're recycling and getting free lipstick!
The whole point of this is to make up a superlative excuse to get people to go into the store, once the suckers are in, the SA will round you up & suck your wallet dry !!!
If Mac is to care about the environment, I have a few suggestions:
1. eliminate packaging - get rid of the box, eg. fix or bottled fdn, the boxes are unnecessary, they became garbage the moment it arrived home.
2. make refill, studio fix & studio tech, e/s, blush, you get the point.
Also, as you are collection the empties, you find a place to house them, thinking what to buy next to collect more empties, all these leads one to think about Mac. Not a bad thing for Mac considered it probably cost them $3 to make a lipstick.
They are giving free products away, and recycling at the same time.
Totally ingenious idea and all makeup companies should be doing this, it gives back to their customers and helps the environment by using less plastic.
GOSH for 6 empties you get a FREE LIPSTICK (even a slimshine if you want)... and if you go to the MAC store, you can choose a lipstick, lipgloss, or eyeshadow- how rad is that????
ALL MAJOR cosmetic companies need to start doing this!