Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 7/28/2013 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

My skin absolutely hates this cleanser. I tried it once, and it completely stripped my skin. My skin was shiny like wax afterwards, and the worst part is that my skin tried to make up for being dry by producing MORE oil. So, no, this is not a good cleanser for oily skin, let alone normal skin.

on 7/12/2013 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is the kind of cleanser that has mixed reviews. Some of them don't like them, while some of them love this and stay using this for years (like some of my family).

For me, this is quite nice, it doesn't make break outs (of course), makes my skin less oily, and has a nice clean scent.

The downside is that this can be a little bit irritating (sometimes, especially if my skin is flaky that day, but of course, because it's formulated for oily skin--my skin type is oily but sometimes flaky). If you have sensitive skin or a bit flaky skin like mine, be careful not to use too much.

Overall it's quite nice and decent, in case of emergency (like my current facial cleanser ran out or I forgot to carry my cleanser) this cleanser is useful because the fact that it can be found in most drugstores

on 7/11/2013 9:50:00 AM

Not gentle at all. It burned my skin so bad.

on 7/2/2013 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Works ok as a non foaming cleanser but it burned and irritated my skin. No breakouts just too strong SLS for my sensitive oily skin.

on 6/27/2013 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I looked high and low in my teens and early twenties for something that could control my oily skin. This was it, the gentle version was just too gentle for my skin, but the regular strength leaves my skin feeling clean and gunk free. It can be drying, but for my oily skin that was almost desirable, and 100% managed by any moisturizer, and even plain sunscreen in a pinch.

This is the only product in my bathroom that I'm wedded to. My moisturizer, make up, hair and other skin care products are the stuff of whims and whats on sale.

My only gripe is the packaging not very travel friendly.

on 6/19/2013 10:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm writing this review based on my hubby's experience with it...

My husband has very oily skin and he can basically wash his face with dirt and have no issues. This product, however, burned his face BIGTIME! He ended up with mystery rash under his eye from this. It went away as soon as he stopped using it.

Price wise...just ok for a drug store product.

Packaging...love that it's a pump.

Will I buy it again for him...no way!

on 6/19/2013 4:39:00 PM

I *love* this stuff. I loved it even before I started my double cleanse OCM regimen (miracle!):

1) Massage a tablespoon (or a little more) of jojoba oil with fingers into skin
2) Massage a tiny bit of water and the Cetaphil over the jojoba oil (it'll be a creamy, not runny, consistency)
3) Thoroughly rinse and pat skin dry with a towel.
4) Exfoliate a couple of times a week. I'm using a honey aspirin mask (

This has almost completely cured my stubborn adult acne, particularly the hormonal cystic acne on my neck and jawline that I never thought would go away.

Cetaphil could be a tiny bit less detergent-y (leaves my skin a little squeakier than I'd like), but the jojoba oil takes care of that for me. I wouldn't mind seeing the price come down either.

Don't make the mistake of buying the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. It lacks the castor oil that I think is what makes Daily Cleanser work so well.

on 6/13/2013 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

For it being a drugstore cleanser the price is really great! I have combination skin and this cleanser is good! Nothing really special though. I mean, it doesn't break my skin out, it is gentle, but it cleanses! It does it's job! I've tried other cleanser's and they have dried my skin out, but this did not so I will purchase again.
The bottle is great because you can simply squirt it out... easy peezy lemon squeezy!
Good product!

on 5/31/2013 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome cleanser! A few months ago I was looking for a new face wash since the ones I'd been using dried out my skin too much. I have very sensitive, acne prone, combo/oily skin that gets 10x worse in spring & summer (super oily). This cleanser is gentle enough to not aggravate my skin issues, and actually makes it look better (used in combo w aloe Vera (moisturizer) & tazorac 0.05% gel at night). I'll gladly purchase again!

I use the formulation for oily skin, and find it makes a huge difference between using just any old "oily skin" cleanser. While I myself do not have sensitive skin, it's great for a product designed for oily skin to be gentle, as often they are harsh. This has a typically soapy odour, inoffensive, clean, I like it as far as cleansing smells go. One thing I am not so fond of is the price. The formulation specifically for oily skin is harder to get hold of than the normal type where I live, and is often more expensive, not that the normal type is particularly cheap for a "drugstore" cleanser anyway. That being said a small bottle does last me a good half a year, so maybe I'm just being stingy, haha. I've chopped and changed between face washes, and honestly, nothing measures up