November 28, 2014 | 1679 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by georgiah17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this cleanser for the past 18 months at least and have enjoyed it. I have very oily, acne prone skin and while i find this doesn't break me out, it hasn't completely prevented new acne. I use this because it is a great basic cleanser, that does the job, and cetaphil is a very reputable brand. The gel form doesn't lather great but i feel like it cleanses my skin well. Packaging is great, and the scent doesn't bother me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Ndeva600

Started using this in the morning to simply cleanse my face and I love it! Doesn't overdry my skin and leaves a nice glow. I would not recommend this as a makeup remover because it isn't supposed to be used as that, hence why I just use it in the morning.

I also want to mention that I have recently started to have acne-prone skin when I NEVER used to get pimples, and this has definitely helped my skin to clear up. I love that it's cheap and how it doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 1:39:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because I am in desperate need of a good cleanser. I used the Laventine one but it's very expensive. I received a coupon for the Cetaphil cleanser and picked it up the other day. First of all, I agree that some of the ingredients are not very natural. If you're looking for a natural cleanser, this is not for you. The scent is very strong (a bit like grandma's soap) it's not unpleasant, but I would have preferred a fragrance-free version. It is a bit drying. It is still winter here in Canada, and my skin is very oily, usually I don't have a problem with cleansers. My skin felt very tight after the first use. I moisturized and it was ok. My skin looked "clearer" after two or three uses. I don't have acne, but I have big pores and oily T-zone, and it really helped. I use it at night to remove makeup, and in the morning to wash before putting on makeup. I am considering using it just once at night, just because my skin is not very dirty in the morning, and it does strip the skin from it's natural oils which you need to protect it during the day.
It's 17$CAD at the drugstore, lasts a long time. I like it. It,s not HG, but a good basic cleanser when I cannot afford the Laventine one. I would have given it a 3.5.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by dkbusse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I get occasional cystic acne on my face. When I added this into my regime, about 3 months ago, I noticed a major improvement. I use it once a day, at night. If I use this in the morning (before applying makeup) I don't like the results. When I put makeup on after washing with it, the combination seems to cause excess oil (I have combination skin).
However, I feel that it really takes off my makeup at night (even waterproof eye makeup) and has significantly improved the texture of my skin and further reduced break outs. It really seems to remove dirt and makeup. I use this with my clarisonic (mia 2), about 2 pumps per use. I follow with a toner. The scent it strong (kind of floral) when washing, but it doesn't linger. It doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by smahama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser is my holy grail. I prefer to use brands that do not test on animals and have been looking for a new cleanser, but nothing compares to this so far. It seems to work on all skin types. I have dry to normal skin and my husband has oily, acne-prone skin and we both love it. In fact, it's the only cleanser that doesn't make my husband break out. It's also incredibly cheap!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by colleencormier

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this clenser! I haven't broken out for a long time after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. absolutely great for my skin!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I quite like this product. I used the gentle version before and I notice it didn't take off makeup. But the normal to oily version takes makeup off very nicely (I do not wear heavy makeup). Smells kind of strong (like flowers). Leaves skin very soft. Rinses clean, very refreshing. And lastly it will not leave skin tight-follow with toner and/or moisturizer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by runningmoon

I just started using this product a week ago, because I have been breaking out very badly for awhile now. I tried Proactive, and that was terrible on me! Burned my skin and made it so itchy and dry. My best friend's aunt recommended Cetaphil, saying that she used to get huge boil like pimples, and once she started using this, everything went away. I think this stuff is amazing so far. First off, it's a great price for such a big bottle. I got it for $9.99 at Walgreens. Also, it got rid of my dry skin problem from the Proactive. My skin looks overall better already! I can definitely see my pimples clearing up. I use this, and the Clean and Clear daily moisturizer. Both seem to be working so far. Oh, and this Cetaphil does have a strange smell. The best way I can describe it is that it smells like very strong, overpowering baby shampoo. It's worth it though, and you can only smell it while you're washing it. It won't leave an aftersmell like Proactive did.
UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: Nevermind, this stuff doesn't work for my crappy skin. I went back to St. Ives Green Tea cleanser. Hoping my skin will clear up completely soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this for quite some time (perhaps a year or more) along with my Clarisonic cleansing brush. I love that it removes the dirt and makeup, but doesn't dry me out or leave behind residue. It does exactly what it says it does, cleans with drying. I use this every night before I got to bed. Even a small pump bottle last a long time and it's reasonably priced. It's a plastic bottle so you can keep it in the shower, if you like and one pump is pretty much all you need, and a pump keeps the product sanitary and it doesn't get messy.

It might not be for the overly sensitive or dry skinned (that's why they make the gentle version). II'm 49 years old and use this.

Overall, a quality product for a fair price.