August 31, 2014 | 985 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by demsters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'd heard so many good things about this foundation that i thought i had to give it a try, however my results weren't what i had hoped.
First off the coverage is AMAZING, so if your somebody looking for a heavy duty, matte finish foundation and you have oily to combo skin then this is a great choice!!
However for people with dryer skin types i wouldnt highly recommend as its a little to thick and heavy and can seem almost cakey.
As for people with sensitive skin i also wouldn't recommend, when i tried this makeup after the first day of wearing it, my skin began to flake and become raw in certain places, there was some active ingredient that irritated me and caused itching and dry patches.
Good product for a heavy perfected makeup look, i wouldnt however repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by Askjanice

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Although this foundation looked great from a distance and was long lasting, my face felt dry after application. A close look in the mirror showed a lot of unevenness and dry skin. To be fair I use Retina A and my skin will peel at times, but this foundation does me no favors. I won't repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Jencat85

I don't understand what everyone is so up in arms about. I read all these reviews about reformulation and how the product is completely different, so I decided to see what all this fuss is about and try it out for myself since my old bottle is almost done. I got color matched because the SA did inform me that certain colors had changed a bit. I went from Ivory Beige to Dawn. I am quite pleased with my new color match as it looks much more natural in all different types of lighting, as well as in photos. Beyond the color, I haven't noticed any difference. I have very oily skin and my new DW controls the oil just as well as the old one and it also has the same coverage and lasting power. If there is a difference in formulation, it must be very very minimal because I really don't see a difference at all, nor can I imagine how anyone could experience a drastic difference. Kudos to Estée Lauder though for adding more colors to meet the needs of the vast array of skin colors out there!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:34:00 PM More reviews by emblain

I have always played around with different foundations, from expensive to cheap but never really found anything that properly suited my skin and colour. I used Clarins Everlasting foundation for quite a long time, but i found it wasnt right for me. I was recommended Double Wear by a friend who suffered from blemished skin like myself so thought I would give it a try and my god i will never go back to anything else! This foundation works wonders, especially as i like heavy coverage, but it does give you the option to build it up. It has great oil control and i dont find i get oily and lose my foundation as the day goes on. It hides almost all my facial flaws and stays on all day! My only dislikes are the packaging. its quite hard to get the remains when you are running low out of the bottle! Favourite foundation :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by boobookeys

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading so many reviews that the formula has changed, I rushed out to get this foundation in the old formula. Turns out in my country, nothing has changed (just yet). I managed to find my perfect match (for the first time!!!) in Sand, and I am Asian with quite light skin and yellow undertones.

This foundation is definitely medium to full coverage and lasts a very long time, as long as you want it to, possibly. Oil control is amazing. My face usually gets oily in 2-3 hours, but with this foundation, minimal shine appears on the tip of my nose only after around 6-7 hours. The formula is very thick, which I don't mind because I used to use Revlon Colorstay, but it is also very sticky and tacky which bothers me quite a bit as it makes it quite hard to blend. I dot the foundation with my fingers on my face, particularly on top of blemishes, before using a slightly damp paddle foundation brush to blend it out. This is one foundation I do not like to use a beauty blender with because the sticky formula makes the sponge feel very sticky as well and it just spreads the stickiness all over your face :\ At most I will just use the beauty blender to dab all over my face after already applying it with the paddle foundation brush to ensure everything is smooth and blended.

If you have dry or flaky skin, I don't think this will work for you as it emphasized those areas, even after moisturizing/mixing the foundation with moisturizer. However, if you don't have dry or flaky skin, this will look AMAZING. Truly a flawless face, no matter if you have spots or acne scars. I do not find any problem with it looking like 'a mask', I think if it does, it really your own fault for applying too much all over. It is best to apply one layer all over your face before spot concealing on any blemishes with more foundation. It looks very natural when I apply it on normal to oily skin using this method. Dries to a nice matte, almost powdery finish that doesn't necessarily need to be set with a powder.

Definitely lasts longer than the Revlon Colorstay, and doesn't have an overwhelming smell either. Revlon Colorstay is easier to work with because it isn't sticky/tacky, but Double Wear makes up for this in better longevity, oil control and coverage. One bottle will last a long time as you don't need a lot of it for one application. The glass bottle is quite heavy and feels quite fragile, but does look very nice. Not the best packaging but I'll take it! Definitely worth the price, if its qualities are what you are looking for in a foundation. Try to test it out before buying, because it is definitely not for everyone due to the tackiness of the formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Princesseren

I used to love this product!!! However, they recently reformulated it and everything changed. Colors are now too yellow (I used to wear Sand). In addition, the foundation dries up very fast so now it is very difficult to work with if you want to blend or build coverage.

It used to be an amazing product and now it is not!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by yankeerose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What happened to the formulation of this product? I have been using this foundation for at least 10 years. It would last all day long,never fading til I took it off. I just purchased a new bottle....what a train wreck....within 6 hours all my foundation was gone!!! I thought maybe it was a fluke, tried it 2 more times, same thing. So I returned it to Belks. The sales person said that she had 3 returns just this week with the same complaint. I contacted the estee lauder company and asked about the new formulation, the rep swore up and down no changes were made...LIAR! The new box lists a different formulation. Why is the company denying this? I have always enjoyed estee lauder products but this lack of honesty directly from a company rep has me questioning their integrity.

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/24/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by msyoung73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This used to be my HG foundation in 1C1, Shell. However, they changed the color/formulation and now the 1C1 is a peach color way too dark for my fair skin. I am extremely disappointed as I now need to find another foundation light enough for my skin that has the staying power, but won't dry me skin out too much. Estee Lauder has just lost a faithful customer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Ninabee123

I bought this foundation last year around April at the counter in Myers after the rep told me she had this makeup perfect for hiding flaws, and in my case, redness. She applied this with the Estee Lauder brush, which i bought (too expensive in my eyes). When she applied this I LOVED the coverage! After using Nude by Nature, it was a huge difference but I loved it! I was originally matched for 1W1 Bone, which, after some time grew far too light for me, and later went back and got rematched with 1N2 Ecru. The only thing I might consider changing is the bottle, quantity for price is a rip-off, and the bottle can be tedious to pour, but a pump would more then likely get easily clogged due to the thickness of the foundation.

Pro's:
Really good coverage, a little goes a very long way!
Lasts all day and then some.
Controls shine.
Doesn't feel super heavy, if it does you're probably wearing far too much.
Nice colour selection, may take some time though to find your perfect shade, (beware store lighting!).
Doesn't budge, no residue and doesn't transfer.
Waterproof! (for those moments in the rain or pool)
Doesn't break me out.

Con's:
If too much is applied, removing it means taking it ALL off and starting again.
If too much is applied you look very masky and fake.
Can be difficult to remove, a makeup remover is a must.
I find that it doesn't hold as long unless I use a primer, I use Revlon Photo Ready Primer, but I think it is causing break outs.
Terrible for flash photography, especially in dark rooms. Oh-my-god, to many times am I ghost girl!
Without blush or mascara you look odd, they are a must.
Dries fast, and touching-up is a no-go unless you want pore galore.
I don't know why but i always go through this really fast, I use it everyday, and so far in the past year i have gone through 4 bottles(one a season), though lately I have cut back on the amount I use by a lot!

Overall this foundation though is fantastic! It covers everything I need it too, I have quite the red complexion and it does wonders for my confidence. If you're looking for a long lasting, medium-full coverage foundation then this is it!

-NinaBee123

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Samp1310

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this foundation! When I was on Accutane and topical Retin-A it covered ALL my acne scars and imperfections perfectly without ever causing an additional breakout. Because a little goes such a long way I have only just finished my first bottle which I had for 1.5 years. The reasons I don't give this foundation 5 stars are as follows: 1. If you have SEVERELY dry skin and I do mean severe (were talking peeling, itchy, red) it can highlight fine lines and wrinkles if you aren't properly moisturized and 2. The negative "new formula" reviews worry me just a bit, but honestly I love this so much I wouldn't hesitate from repurchasing! This foundation is one of the only ones on the market that I believe caters to acne prone, sensitive, oily, combination, and dry skins and actually works the same for each of them! If you fall under any of those categories and are looking for a nontransferable, full coverage foundation that is non-acnegenic and hypoallergenic and that has a fabulously extensive color range then this is for you!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No