August 20, 2014 | 2005 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Buttercup86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is definitely not an everyday foundation, but it is the fullest coverage fdtn I have ever come across. I do not use this everyday, only when I am going out/to a special occasion and I need to look completely flawless. I apply with my fingers, a normal fdtn brush, and sponge to really blend everything in. Face should be WELL moisturized, also I would suggest a primer as well.
    Pros:
    -only a VERY tiny amount needed for full face
    -photographs beautifully
    -did not look cakey on me at all, blended well
    -surprisingly the lightest color was a great match for my skin
    -COVERS EVERYTHING, no concealer needed
    -will last a long time
    -if applied correctly, will make you flawless, but application does take work, this is not a slap it on your done product
    -the tube is awesome and hygenic
    CONS:
    -easy to use too much product, resulting in a maskey look
    -limited colors, not everyone will be lucky enough to find a match
    -contains oil, and will most likely clog pores, so if you have problematic skin make damn sure to wash your face after you are done wearing it, this is a MUST!
    -somewhat high maintenance fdtn, definitely not for a 5 minute face routine
    -maybe not a con, but it does need to bet set with some powder
    Overall this product is excellent, it does take some time to work with but it is all worth it to me. I don't think I'll ever find another full coverage fdtn I love as much as this. Just wish color options were better. If you are interested get a sample, most SAs are more than willing to give one out, just ask. I will repurchase, also I do not think the price was unreasonable at all, $29.50, I would have paid more for it.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 2:39:00 PM More reviews by dith09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this product really means MAXIMUM coverage.
    this will cover literally anything. (i used to use it religiously to cover my freckles- which i've now come to terms with)
    not only is the coverage amazing, but the range of tones this product comes in is also really great.
    goes on flawlessly but you need to be careful of the 'cakey look'
    being really fair, i found this product to be a perfect match for my pink undertone which is often very difficult to match accurately.
    a little certainly goes a long way
    excessive use of this product can, i find, be a little pore-clogging and failure to cleanse thoroughly and MOISTURISE plentifully will result in break outs.
    i tend to use this product more for going out at night, special events, as it photographs really well and it provides a really different, bold look. also i like to let my skin breathe on a day to day basis and it can be a little smothering if you're using it constantly
    overall, if you're looking for really super coverage its your product
    estee really does make gorgeous products :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

Covers anything... like Lauder's version of Dermablend. It was made for scars, birthmarks etc. Even made for tattoos! That's why it's not easy to blend, and you have to work fast. Once it's on, it's on until you take it off. I heard it was good for undereyes too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2009 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Sxyska

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this foundation almost everyday for about ten years. I have acne prone skin and I'm not sure if this foundation breaks me out or not since I am an avid user (I have not tried any other foundation in awhile). This foundation works wonders for coverage. It can be a bit thick, but I find if I use a moisturizer and primer underneath, it goes on smooth. If it's good coverage you are after, I highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticjunkie87

I absolutely LOVE this!!! Although it does come on cakey sometimes I think it's a great FULL coverage foundation... Will be re-purchasing

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 3:24:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

My experience with this has been really good. It covers any discoloration and brightens up your skin. It's excellent for melasma. Really amazing for that. My sis turned me on to this and she has some dark discoloration on her forehead and you would never know. This covers my acne scars like an eraser. Im really amazed. I had never seen my skin look so flawless as with this concealer. This did settle onto my current breakouts and cake up a bit but it wasn't too bad and all I had to do was tap on it with my fingers.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by trixiebell

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I had to add my views on this product since i feel I have used many of the 'full coverage' foundations out there. This is actually full coverage and how do I know this, it completely covers my hideous melanisma. I have tried many foundations ranging from max factor to high end chanel, dior and Mac none of which covered very much. EL Maximum cover actually out-covered dermablend for me. You do not need this foundation if you have flawless skin, but for 99% of us we need it. This is incredibly pigmented and on days when my melanisma isn't looking too bad this works perfectly as an under-eye concealer. This is a product that must be used sparingly, a dot smaller than a pea will do my whole face, this stuff spreads amazingly and so will last forever. All in all, if you have scarring, uneven skin tone or brown patches like me this is an absolute heaven sent..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 11:18:00 AM More reviews by jellybean78

This is really an amazing foundation because it covers everything up! You don't need concealer or anything else ,and it's water proof! It use this when I have a bad breakout phase! It is almost too good! I have tried everything really from chanel to clinique, givenchy, ect. This is the best I have found and I think Estee Lauder is one of the top brands for foundation! if you have acne or redness this is your foundation and it lasts all day! It is expensive but you don't need to use a lot , a little goes far!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2009 2:01:00 PM More reviews by badazzbarbi

Hmm im very confused about this product.. when I first got it.. I LOVED IT!!! It covers soooooooooo well but it is SO NOT BLENDABLE and it can turn up cakey sometimes.. i dont know its OK.. but when i first got it it was AMAZING i dunno lol.

Update:Right now I am using it as a concealer and it works really good for that, again, not easy to blend but it does cover well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2009 5:28:00 PM More reviews by floralipke

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It covers everything. I use it to cover my sun spots first and put my liquid foundation on the top of it. The result is perfect. Creamy Ivory is tad pale but not too bad. Creamy Vanillia is too dark and orange for me. Good product.