Estee Lauder Maximum Coverage Foundation [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Isododecane, Isohexadecane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Microcrystalline Wax, Kaolin, Cholesterol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Sandalwood Extract,tocopheryl Acetate, Linoleic Acid, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Bisabolol, Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Methyldihydrojasmonate, Polyethylene, Dimethyl Octenol, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Phenethyl Alcohol, Bht, Ci 77019/Mica, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491/Ci 77492/Ci 77499/Iron Oxides, Ci 77163/Bismuth Oxychloride, Ci 77289/Chromium Hydroxide Green, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens

on 5/6/2009 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this product really means MAXIMUM coverage.
this will cover literally anything. (i used to use it religiously to cover my freckles- which i've now come to terms with)
not only is the coverage amazing, but the range of tones this product comes in is also really great.
goes on flawlessly but you need to be careful of the 'cakey look'
being really fair, i found this product to be a perfect match for my pink undertone which is often very difficult to match accurately.
a little certainly goes a long way
excessive use of this product can, i find, be a little pore-clogging and failure to cleanse thoroughly and MOISTURISE plentifully will result in break outs.
i tend to use this product more for going out at night, special events, as it photographs really well and it provides a really different, bold look. also i like to let my skin breathe on a day to day basis and it can be a little smothering if you're using it constantly
overall, if you're looking for really super coverage its your product
estee really does make gorgeous products :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Covers anything... like Lauder's version of Dermablend. It was made for scars, birthmarks etc. Even made for tattoos! That's why it's not easy to blend, and you have to work fast. Once it's on, it's on until you take it off. I heard it was good for undereyes too.

on 3/25/2009 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used this foundation almost everyday for about ten years. I have acne prone skin and I'm not sure if this foundation breaks me out or not since I am an avid user (I have not tried any other foundation in awhile). This foundation works wonders for coverage. It can be a bit thick, but I find if I use a moisturizer and primer underneath, it goes on smooth. If it's good coverage you are after, I highly recommend.

I absolutely LOVE this!!! Although it does come on cakey sometimes I think it's a great FULL coverage foundation... Will be re-purchasing

on 3/9/2009 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My experience with this has been really good. It covers any discoloration and brightens up your skin. It's excellent for melasma. Really amazing for that. My sis turned me on to this and she has some dark discoloration on her forehead and you would never know. This covers my acne scars like an eraser. Im really amazed. I had never seen my skin look so flawless as with this concealer. This did settle onto my current breakouts and cake up a bit but it wasn't too bad and all I had to do was tap on it with my fingers.

on 2/28/2009 4:26:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

I had to add my views on this product since i feel I have used many of the 'full coverage' foundations out there. This is actually full coverage and how do I know this, it completely covers my hideous melanisma. I have tried many foundations ranging from max factor to high end chanel, dior and Mac none of which covered very much. EL Maximum cover actually out-covered dermablend for me. You do not need this foundation if you have flawless skin, but for 99% of us we need it. This is incredibly pigmented and on days when my melanisma isn't looking too bad this works perfectly as an under-eye concealer. This is a product that must be used sparingly, a dot smaller than a pea will do my whole face, this stuff spreads amazingly and so will last forever. All in all, if you have scarring, uneven skin tone or brown patches like me this is an absolute heaven sent..

on 2/10/2009 11:18:00 AM

This is really an amazing foundation because it covers everything up! You don't need concealer or anything else ,and it's water proof! It use this when I have a bad breakout phase! It is almost too good! I have tried everything really from chanel to clinique, givenchy, ect. This is the best I have found and I think Estee Lauder is one of the top brands for foundation! if you have acne or redness this is your foundation and it lasts all day! It is expensive but you don't need to use a lot , a little goes far!

on 2/5/2009 2:01:00 PM

Hmm im very confused about this product.. when I first got it.. I LOVED IT!!! It covers soooooooooo well but it is SO NOT BLENDABLE and it can turn up cakey sometimes.. i dont know its OK.. but when i first got it it was AMAZING i dunno lol.

Update:Right now I am using it as a concealer and it works really good for that, again, not easy to blend but it does cover well.

on 1/24/2009 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

It covers everything. I use it to cover my sun spots first and put my liquid foundation on the top of it. The result is perfect. Creamy Ivory is tad pale but not too bad. Creamy Vanillia is too dark and orange for me. Good product.

on 1/13/2009 2:12:00 AM

First of all, the coverage is the highest out there. It covers everything. But it's a pain to blend evenly. I find it's impossible to apply with fingers or foundation brush. I have to use a damp illuminare fast application with a lot of fix+ to get a decent look. And it's get cakey very easily. You just need a very tiny bit each time, so the tube seems to last forever.
BUT it breaks me out so badly! It causes me several pimples and tons of clogged pore each and everytime I use it. What a shame. I think I won't repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

FIRST IMPRESSION REVIEW | Estée Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation | MyMakeupPerspective by MyMakeupPerspective