Kiss My Face Liquid Rock Deodorant

3.8

Not tested on animals

Aqua, Potassium Alum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Salix Alba (Willow Bark Extract/Extrait d'ecorse de saule), Usnea Barbata (Lichen Extract/Extrait de lichen), Sodium Phytate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

on 9/26/2006 4:26:00 PM

i first bought an unscented travel size of this deodorant and it was fine. when it ran out i went to buy a larger size but the store only had the lavender flavor. after having a bad experience with another lavender flavor KMF deodorant (the active enzyme gel stuff) i was reluctant but bought it anyway because the unscented stuff worked fine. something about the scent reacts weirdly with my body chemistry or something, it smells AWFUL. not like BO but like the lavender scent has gone sour. i might buy this stuff again but ONLY if it is unscented.

on 9/25/2006 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this in Lavender, and I really like it. Besides the great smell, it seems to work better for me than other deodorants I've tried. Keeps me feeling very fresh. I walk two miles to school everyday, so I do sweat, but I don't smell at least. I am so surprised about that too since everything else I've used doesn't hold up as well during my daily walk. The only drawback is waiting for it to dry, which can be a few minutes. I don't mind much though b/c anything that works this well is worth a little drying time.

on 9/25/2006 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I *really* wanted to like this product. I do not have a big problem with BO but no girl likes to stink and I've been on the search for the deodorant that works best for me. This is NOT it. Love other KMF products...HATE this one. Luckily I got a travel-size sample for only .99. It was the unscented kind. I roll it on, wait for it to dry, and then like 3 hours later after virtually no physical activity...odor! What the heck? I didn't even break a sweat!! I will not use this again and definitely not repurchase.

on 9/8/2006 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I have repurchased this and I will again. Mine is in Patchouli. It keeps the stinkies away and keeps you fresh without all the icky ingredients. I either order mine from drugstore.com (they have the whole patchouli line) or I buy it at the local health food store. I'm really pleased with the scent. It is a deoderant and not an anti-perspirant so you can feel your underarms get a little damp if you're heated up. However, if you take a good whiff (discreetly, I hope!), you'll notice that you don't smell like you all sweaty and you don't smell like the deoderant either. I'm really impressed.

After becoming pregnant, I decided to switch to a natural deodorant. I decided to try this deodorant in lavendar, and am sure glad that I did. The scent starts out a little strong, but dies down very fast. Like everyone else said, it does take a little time to dry. I have never had any problems with BO whil using this deodorant, and that includes July in Florida heat with no car AC. Yes, you do still sweat, but it DOESN'T stink. What more can you ask for???

on 8/18/2006 6:41:00 PM

I tried this deodorant a year ago in the Summer Ete’ scent and used it off and on for a year-with so-so results. I decided to try it in another scent, Lavender, to see if it held up any better in the summer months. I tested the deodorant during the recent heat wave that swept thru the country. It was extremely HOT AND HUMID with temperatures ranging from upper 80's to close to 100’! There were only two days that I did not have any detectable B.O. at the end of an eight-hour day and both of those days I remained at home lounging around-which is not a typical day for me. The other days, there was detectable B.O. by the end of an eight-hour work day. It never reeked with odor-but it was noticeable (especially if I wore a tank top or halter). I continued to use it when the heat wave passed with similar results. I also noticed the Lavender scent would sometimes cause a weird, sour smell when mixed with my sweat. FINAL OPINION: This can be effective in controling odor during the fall & winter-when most people perspire less. However, it's simply not strong enough for summer's heat and humidity.
UPDATE: I tried a trial size of the unscented Liquid Rock and it did not cause that weird sour smell like the lavender scent caused. I quess the lavender scent just doesn't react well with my sweat.

on 8/7/2006 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is very nice natural deodorant. I have the lavender scent, which I like a lot. I alternate this product with Dove, but like to use the KMF on the weekends and sometimes during winter. It takes a few minutes to dry, but I don't mind that.

on 8/6/2006 5:12:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Yay for deodorant that works! After giving up on other "natural" deodorants, I really thought the only option for a deodorant/non-antiperspirant was a men's brand (with a men's scent.. yuck). So I was very pleasantly surprised to give this a shot and find out that it actually WORKS. This isn't going to save you if you've been out in the heat sweating for a long time, but for general everyday use it's a great alternative to sticky, tacky, or gummy conventional products. **NOTE: if you're looking for something to make you NOT SWEAT, this is NOT the product for you! This is deodorant ONLY, not antiperspirant! You'll sweat, but you won't stink! Clearly a few reviewers were in for a surprise by not understanding the purpose of this product.

EDIT: YIKES I started breaking out in a rash every time I applied this after I had been using it for a while. I'm leaving my ratings intact because it might have just been that particular bottle or some weird sensitivity I developed to it, but just a heads up for you guys!!

on 7/19/2006 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

*EDIT* Still using and still loving... but I do occasionally smell myself when the weather is extreme. I just reapply, and it goes away. Also, I've switched to unscented and I like it better than the lavender. */EDIT*
This stuff really works! I was doubtful at first, but it lives up to the hype (it works better than all the conventional deodorants I've used). I use the lavender scented one, and the scent is a little tart, but it quickly fades and you are left with fresh, odorless underarms! It does take a bit to dry after application, but it isn't anything worth complaining about. I highly recommend this and any other roll-on crystal deodorant (they aren't antiperspirants, so don't expect them to keep you dry). You could be sweating like a pig and you'll still smell great!

on 6/29/2006 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love the mild lavender scent, and yes, it really does last throughout the day. 14 hours after I applied it (and I worked today), and still no BO! It won't save you from heavy sweating, but for most days, this is a great one-time application natural deodorant, even in summer. I started using this recently, and I'm very pleased with the effectiveness. Also, lavender works very well to calm my sensitive skin (plus I love the smell), so that's an added bonus in a deoroant. I have a crystal rock, but I just find a roll-on to be easier to deal with in the morning.

Top Rated Kiss My Face Products