November 27, 2014 | 1475 users online

Deodorants - Kiss My Face - Liquid Rock Deodorant

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 1:37:00 AM More reviews by OSusanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have repurchased this and I will again. Mine is in Patchouli. It keeps the stinkies away and keeps you fresh without all the icky ingredients. I either order mine from drugstore.com (they have the whole patchouli line) or I buy it at the local health food store. I'm really pleased with the scent. It is a deoderant and not an anti-perspirant so you can feel your underarms get a little damp if you're heated up. However, if you take a good whiff (discreetly, I hope!), you'll notice that you don't smell like you all sweaty and you don't smell like the deoderant either. I'm really impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2006 3:10:00 PM More reviews by melissaanddoug

After becoming pregnant, I decided to switch to a natural deodorant. I decided to try this deodorant in lavendar, and am sure glad that I did. The scent starts out a little strong, but dies down very fast. Like everyone else said, it does take a little time to dry. I have never had any problems with BO whil using this deodorant, and that includes July in Florida heat with no car AC. Yes, you do still sweat, but it DOESN'T stink. What more can you ask for???

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2006 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Grrlsix

I tried this deodorant a year ago in the Summer Ete’ scent and used it off and on for a year-with so-so results. I decided to try it in another scent, Lavender, to see if it held up any better in the summer months. I tested the deodorant during the recent heat wave that swept thru the country. It was extremely HOT AND HUMID with temperatures ranging from upper 80's to close to 100’! There were only two days that I did not have any detectable B.O. at the end of an eight-hour day and both of those days I remained at home lounging around-which is not a typical day for me. The other days, there was detectable B.O. by the end of an eight-hour work day. It never reeked with odor-but it was noticeable (especially if I wore a tank top or halter). I continued to use it when the heat wave passed with similar results. I also noticed the Lavender scent would sometimes cause a weird, sour smell when mixed with my sweat. FINAL OPINION: This can be effective in controling odor during the fall & winter-when most people perspire less. However, it's simply not strong enough for summer's heat and humidity.
UPDATE: I tried a trial size of the unscented Liquid Rock and it did not cause that weird sour smell like the lavender scent caused. I quess the lavender scent just doesn't react well with my sweat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2006 6:53:00 AM More reviews by abigail80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is very nice natural deodorant. I have the lavender scent, which I like a lot. I alternate this product with Dove, but like to use the KMF on the weekends and sometimes during winter. It takes a few minutes to dry, but I don't mind that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2006 5:12:00 PM More reviews by annie_b

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yay for deodorant that works! After giving up on other "natural" deodorants, I really thought the only option for a deodorant/non-antiperspirant was a men's brand (with a men's scent.. yuck). So I was very pleasantly surprised to give this a shot and find out that it actually WORKS. This isn't going to save you if you've been out in the heat sweating for a long time, but for general everyday use it's a great alternative to sticky, tacky, or gummy conventional products. **NOTE: if you're looking for something to make you NOT SWEAT, this is NOT the product for you! This is deodorant ONLY, not antiperspirant! You'll sweat, but you won't stink! Clearly a few reviewers were in for a surprise by not understanding the purpose of this product.

EDIT: YIKES I started breaking out in a rash every time I applied this after I had been using it for a while. I'm leaving my ratings intact because it might have just been that particular bottle or some weird sensitivity I developed to it, but just a heads up for you guys!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2006 2:10:00 AM More reviews by crybaby

*EDIT* Still using and still loving... but I do occasionally smell myself when the weather is extreme. I just reapply, and it goes away. Also, I've switched to unscented and I like it better than the lavender. */EDIT*
This stuff really works! I was doubtful at first, but it lives up to the hype (it works better than all the conventional deodorants I've used). I use the lavender scented one, and the scent is a little tart, but it quickly fades and you are left with fresh, odorless underarms! It does take a bit to dry after application, but it isn't anything worth complaining about. I highly recommend this and any other roll-on crystal deodorant (they aren't antiperspirants, so don't expect them to keep you dry). You could be sweating like a pig and you'll still smell great!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2006 2:57:00 AM More reviews by bluediva

Love the mild lavender scent, and yes, it really does last throughout the day. 14 hours after I applied it (and I worked today), and still no BO! It won't save you from heavy sweating, but for most days, this is a great one-time application natural deodorant, even in summer. I started using this recently, and I'm very pleased with the effectiveness. Also, lavender works very well to calm my sensitive skin (plus I love the smell), so that's an added bonus in a deoroant. I have a crystal rock, but I just find a roll-on to be easier to deal with in the morning.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by katarina124

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was not too impressed with this product, it was very sticky and took a very long time to dry. It also stung like crazy. That being said it is very effective in preventing smell. However, I will stick to my regular crystal deodorant.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2006 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Leftwing34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this deodorant. It really works, but the best part is that once you put it on, you aren't constantly reminded that it is there (sticky underarms, or stains on clothing). I have very sensitive skin and have had no rashes, unlike many other products. I use the lavender scent, which I find very pleasant and light. What really inspired me to write a review was the fact that it now contains no parabens.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2006 12:37:00 AM More reviews by plusdesoleil

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this deodorant. (And yes, it's a deodorant, not an antiperspirant... so don't expect it to keep you dry.) But it does a great job. One word of caution - do not use this while wearing silk. I'm not sure if this is specifically due to the essential oils in the Peaceful Patchouli, or if they all do this, but I ruined a silk blouse by wearing the PP with cream silk.