December 22, 2014 | 1532 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals ALL

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2013 9:13:00 AM More reviews by Jenarlene

So first off I was "highly recommend" this product. At first I was using a lot of acne regime so it made my skin dry. I moisturizer more and it helped. The makeup didnt feel heavy on my skin, it for once felt like my pores could breathe. Suddenly 2 weeks in I notice breakouts. Maybe it's just me because I have been working out, but always worked out with other makes ups and it didn't break me out as bad. Mineral makeup is okay but annoying. Not sure how I feel about this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by claymaker1210

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product makes the pores on your face look HUGE. But the worst thing about this product is that it contains Bismuth Oxychloride, which causes cystic acne. I can't believe the manufacturer advertises it as "good for your skin". That's rubbish.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Oleanderleaf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Somehow oil slick inducing to my dry skin?
I didn't even know that was possible.
Returned it to sephora after one use.
I gave it two lipsticks because I've heard that people with oily skin show age at a slower rate. I hope the one day of me wearing this buttery powder (again, how is that possible?) helped to keep me younger looking....jk

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by mchankas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this and applied in with an angled powder brush to get the best coverage. It went on okay but as someone with oily skin, it is NOT the foundation for me. My skin looked extremely oily right after I put it on and throughout the day even after blotting. I have not tried the matte version, but this is NOT for oily skin!! I will go back to Aveda face powder which is my HG face powder.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by baljitp

Okay. I have registered JUST so that I can provide you with this review. I was going to write one last night after I received this Get Started Kit and was going to write an amazing review. However, it's amazing what a difference just one day can make!
After gushing and squealing in delight I applied Bare Minerals for the first time yesterday. I followed the motions by the book, using minimal foundation and building up layers. It seemed great and I left it on all evening to see how long it held out. It seemed okay and coverage was achievable.
This morning I decided to try it out for a day at Uni. It firstly took a long time to apply going through the motions and takes awhile to achieve the 3-4 layers that it takes to cover up my mild acne scarring. Okay, to the point, an AWFUL product. When you first apply the makeup it seems great and you even look a little sparkly (as though you had glitter on or something). However, for busy, working everyday women this is a terrible product. The most distinct failing I would like to point out is the UTTERLY DISGUSTING taste of copper/metal/powder in your mouth/nose. All day at Uni today I have been dying to get home and wash that dirt off. Keep in mind I applied a sensible amount which was very little and STILL I experienced an awful smell. That is the largest issue I have and have now boxed the product away to be scrapped!

Quick summary:
PROS: Seems to work, coverage is achievable with layers, the PrimeTime primer is really silky, nice brushes.
CONS: DREADFUL TASTE in your mouth (I am not mad, I did not swallow any deliberately or put too much on, trust me), FAR TOO TIME CONSUMING, SMELLS distinctly, broke me out after just two uses, waste of money when there are MUCH better products on the market.

Ultimately girls, If something looks too good to be true, then it probably is! Stick to trusted Makeup brands that you know work well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this stuff all the time when it first came out, it was all the rave, blah blah blah. I once wore it to work when I worked at Pizza Hut and I only worked a 5 hour shift, when my boyfriend came to pick me up he asked me why I looked so shiny. When I looked in the mirror, I was a greaseball and my coverage had literally melted away and looked super patchy. Ugh. I do like this as a finishing powder over my foundation, though. As for on it's own, it's terrible when it comes to lasting power and it really doesn't have great coverage. I have skin that's on the drier side, too, and that's why I'm so shocked as to hy this doesn't last long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by stacybell3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product, and I've tried it twice, but it always leaves me disappointed. The coverage is wonderful, and it looks great, but it gave me horrible break outs along my jaw line. Granted, I've broken out on my jaw line before, but I had no blemishes at all when I first started using the product. I felt like it was clogging my pores because it was too much. Foundation, then concealer, then blush, then mineral veil! Even though it is "good" for your skin, it was just too much for me. And sure enough, after about a month of use, I was broken out severely! Started on my chin and jaw line and spread. I am still fighting the breakouts from this product...I don't know what triggered it. But I really wish this worked for me. You are supposed to try a product out for at least a couple of months so your skin can get used to it, but I just couldn't stick with this product. The more I wore it to cover up breakouts, the more I broke out. Its was a bad cycle.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:46:00 PM More reviews by colorfulartistry

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

While I like mineral make up, this one was not for me. At first it felt airy but it seemed as time went on, the product got heavier. It eventually was suffocating my skin and left it feeling caked, drier than usual ( I have dry skin) and emphasized areas of dryness. Not an issue I have with Physicians Formula, which feels light on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by mswoyer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love love love bare minerals products! I did find that I liked the pressed version better than the loose just because I'm awful with applying loose foundations. But if that's what you like best, definitely purchase this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Great idea and must be working well for someone out there but didn't work for me. A make-up artist at Sephora color-matched me & sold me on the starter kit. I gave it 2-3 weeks and even made a special visit to a local BE store to make sure I was doing it all correcly but in the end, no matter what I did to apply, it caked & flaked. Not for me but may work better on very young or very oily skin.