BeneFit Cosmetics Eye Bright

3.8

Titanium Dioxide, Titanated Mica, Mica, Ammonium Manganese Pyrophosphate, Carmine, Liquid Petrolatum, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Castor Oil, Carnauba Wax, Bleached Beeswax, Ceresin, Stearyl Heptanoate, Synthetic Hydrocarbon Wax, Talc, Microcrystalline Wax, Poltethylene Powder, Parahydroxybenzoate Ester, Dibutylhydroxytoluene.

on 3/8/2011 1:11:00 PM

I liked this product for brightening and highlighting around my eyes and lips (I like to "reverse line" before I apply lipstick). It is fairly easy to blend out with a brush or gently tapping with your fingers. My main complaint is that I had trouble sharpening it and wasted as much product as I used because of the tip breaking off. I don't think that I will buy this again because I have started using Touche Eclat for this purpose and I prefer it because it is easier to blend and has more of a beige tone than the frosty pink Eye Bright.

Benefit either makes great products or really useless ones. This one is definitely a great one. Probably my favorite product from Benefit.
Very universal, lasts a really long time since you don't have to sharpen the pencil every time you use it.

I would recommend this to anyone. GET IT!

on 2/28/2011 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Pretty darn good product.The colour is spot-on. I use in on the inner corners, the waterline, browbone, and sometimes the "edge" of my dark eye circles. I always bring it with me on days I wake up late and dont have time to put on makeup. Because its thick and fat, its not "dangerous" to wear on a moving vehicle.

on 2/12/2011 3:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because I wanted to use it on my waterline to see if it would make my eyes look bigger. I had to work the tip a bit for it to soften up enough to use because the end was dry when I first bought it, but it was really smooth and creamy once the outer "shell" was off. It didn't irritate my eyes, but it didn't stay all day and the effect was negligible.
It is a very pretty highlighter, but I feel like you can get the same effect for half the price with the right eyeshadow/powder.
I returned it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This was in my Confessions of a Concealaholic palette, so I don't have it in a stick form but in a regular pan form, and I think I like it better that way. I use it for highlighting my eye area (so in my inner corner and on my brow bone) whenever I'm either wearing no eye makeup or very dark eye makeup since it's so natural looking and nice. All I do is warm it up in the pan by rubbing my finger in it and getting it on there at the same time (the reason why I like it better in the pan, you warm it up while getting it ready to apply in one step) because you really have to do that since it's very dry and hard in the pan. Then I apply it like I would a powder color, but with my finger instead of a brush.
I honestly don't reach for it that much, though, because it doesn't make a spectacular difference. I haven't tried it under my eyes yet because I'm afraid it'll tug too much.
Nice and natural color, great for any use. However, I wouldn't buy it again because of the whopping price.

on 2/11/2011 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm still working with this pencil as I discover that it does more than hide dark circles. Firstly it does very little for my dark circles as they are very dark and can be seen under an application of Eye Bright. Sad cause I bought this for dark circles. I've disovered though that this evens out my slightly red/pink lids and also works great to perk up the lower water line. This also works well to lighten up under eye concealer but too much and it lifts the concealer off the skin. It also ever so thankfully stays put which is a great thing due to my slightly oily skin. I don't think I've mastered this pencil yet but I do see some promise to it fixing more than just eye area flaws. Will see as I practice with it more in the future and update. The price at $20 is appalling but I can't seem to live without it at the moment. UPDATE 7/13/11 I had to return this. I bought it mainly for under eye circles and it didn't help at all. Just on the dark area it would look pinkish grey which obviously wasn't good. It didn't work well under my beloved MAC Moisturecover or MUFE HD concealer. It also didn't build well at all as it was too dry. Still I did love it as a quick lid primer but not for twenty bucks! Also I noticed looking at Benefit's website as well as looking at the container insert that directions on how this stuff works exactly were rather vague. Anyway again this was great as a primer but that was all. If you have dark circles this won't work for you. Giving this a 3 for the quick primer ability

on 2/9/2011 7:10:00 PM

I love this! Ahhhh! coming from someone who has alllways struggled with dark puffy eye cirlces this is a GODSEND! i apply my regular concealer then make a half circle along the lowest part of my undereye area at the base of my bags and blend up and out. I add more if necessary. Don't "pull" the product out PAT it out otherwise the product will disappear. You can use this as a brow highlight, inner corner highlight, for the corner of nose, many uses! I find it creamy and easily blendable personally. I love it!

on 1/31/2011 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was intrigued after seeing a Youtube review for Eye Bright. The woman wearing it really did look bright-eyed and so I had to rush out and buy it. The SA at the store suggested it as an inner-corner and brow highlight, and also recommended dabbing a bit under the eye.

The first time I wore it, my SO commented that my under-eye area looked "sparkly." Not what I was going for! Indeed, it shimmers under the light. I think it is okay for the brow bone and inner corner, but not under the eyes. The texture can be a bit dry, and the shimmer seems to settle into fine lines. The light pink colour does brighten, but I have a Physician's Formula product (a creamy, light pink concealer) that does the same thing for half the price of Eye Bright.

All in all, it's not a bad product...I just don't think it's worth the almost-$30 (CDN).

on 1/24/2011 2:26:00 PM

Love this thing! I got it in a set that came along with Benefit's Coralista blush, and a few little samples so the price was def worth it (I think it was $24-ish).

I like to use it in my inner tear duct area, to high light my brow bone, lower waterline (can at times look too unnatural) and for my dark circles. I didn't even know it was for dark circles until I read some other reviews just now and decided to try it, after using it after my foundation I didn't really need any concealer and I ALWAYS need concealer. It lasts very long so it's worth the money even though it seems like it's a small stick of product.

on 1/23/2011 9:56:00 PM

This is a light pink pencil. It's very creamy and works really well as an inner corner highlight and on the waterline. You can use it for other purposes as well but that's what I've used it for. It is expensive but you really don't need much of it so it will last for awhile. It works really well at brightening my eyes as an inner corner highlight and is not as stark as white liner in the waterline. This is a really good pencil and if you have the money, it us definatley worth it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials