December 22, 2014 | 1332 users online

Eyeliner - BeneFit Cosmetics - Eye Bright

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 3:49:00 PM More reviews by dibbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this because I wanted to use it on my waterline to see if it would make my eyes look bigger. I had to work the tip a bit for it to soften up enough to use because the end was dry when I first bought it, but it was really smooth and creamy once the outer "shell" was off. It didn't irritate my eyes, but it didn't stay all day and the effect was negligible.
It is a very pretty highlighter, but I feel like you can get the same effect for half the price with the right eyeshadow/powder.
I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2011 6:49:00 AM More reviews by xificanthaveyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was in my Confessions of a Concealaholic palette, so I don't have it in a stick form but in a regular pan form, and I think I like it better that way. I use it for highlighting my eye area (so in my inner corner and on my brow bone) whenever I'm either wearing no eye makeup or very dark eye makeup since it's so natural looking and nice. All I do is warm it up in the pan by rubbing my finger in it and getting it on there at the same time (the reason why I like it better in the pan, you warm it up while getting it ready to apply in one step) because you really have to do that since it's very dry and hard in the pan. Then I apply it like I would a powder color, but with my finger instead of a brush.
I honestly don't reach for it that much, though, because it doesn't make a spectacular difference. I haven't tried it under my eyes yet because I'm afraid it'll tug too much.
Nice and natural color, great for any use. However, I wouldn't buy it again because of the whopping price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by staci01

I'm still working with this pencil as I discover that it does more than hide dark circles. Firstly it does very little for my dark circles as they are very dark and can be seen under an application of Eye Bright. Sad cause I bought this for dark circles. I've disovered though that this evens out my slightly red/pink lids and also works great to perk up the lower water line. This also works well to lighten up under eye concealer but too much and it lifts the concealer off the skin. It also ever so thankfully stays put which is a great thing due to my slightly oily skin. I don't think I've mastered this pencil yet but I do see some promise to it fixing more than just eye area flaws. Will see as I practice with it more in the future and update. The price at $20 is appalling but I can't seem to live without it at the moment. UPDATE 7/13/11 I had to return this. I bought it mainly for under eye circles and it didn't help at all. Just on the dark area it would look pinkish grey which obviously wasn't good. It didn't work well under my beloved MAC Moisturecover or MUFE HD concealer. It also didn't build well at all as it was too dry. Still I did love it as a quick lid primer but not for twenty bucks! Also I noticed looking at Benefit's website as well as looking at the container insert that directions on how this stuff works exactly were rather vague. Anyway again this was great as a primer but that was all. If you have dark circles this won't work for you. Giving this a 3 for the quick primer ability

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:10:00 PM More reviews by michyg

I love this! Ahhhh! coming from someone who has alllways struggled with dark puffy eye cirlces this is a GODSEND! i apply my regular concealer then make a half circle along the lowest part of my undereye area at the base of my bags and blend up and out. I add more if necessary. Don't "pull" the product out PAT it out otherwise the product will disappear. You can use this as a brow highlight, inner corner highlight, for the corner of nose, many uses! I find it creamy and easily blendable personally. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by MissCanuck

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was intrigued after seeing a Youtube review for Eye Bright. The woman wearing it really did look bright-eyed and so I had to rush out and buy it. The SA at the store suggested it as an inner-corner and brow highlight, and also recommended dabbing a bit under the eye.

The first time I wore it, my SO commented that my under-eye area looked "sparkly." Not what I was going for! Indeed, it shimmers under the light. I think it is okay for the brow bone and inner corner, but not under the eyes. The texture can be a bit dry, and the shimmer seems to settle into fine lines. The light pink colour does brighten, but I have a Physician's Formula product (a creamy, light pink concealer) that does the same thing for half the price of Eye Bright.

All in all, it's not a bad product...I just don't think it's worth the almost-$30 (CDN).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by vallygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this thing! I got it in a set that came along with Benefit's Coralista blush, and a few little samples so the price was def worth it (I think it was $24-ish).

I like to use it in my inner tear duct area, to high light my brow bone, lower waterline (can at times look too unnatural) and for my dark circles. I didn't even know it was for dark circles until I read some other reviews just now and decided to try it, after using it after my foundation I didn't really need any concealer and I ALWAYS need concealer. It lasts very long so it's worth the money even though it seems like it's a small stick of product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 9:56:00 PM More reviews by bluest1199

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a light pink pencil. It's very creamy and works really well as an inner corner highlight and on the waterline. You can use it for other purposes as well but that's what I've used it for. It is expensive but you really don't need much of it so it will last for awhile. It works really well at brightening my eyes as an inner corner highlight and is not as stark as white liner in the waterline. This is a really good pencil and if you have the money, it us definatley worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by makeupfeverobessiveness

I got this product for only 2 as it came free with a magazine, though I only use it to highlight my eyebrows. I like the glow it gives after applying and it really does define my eyebrows well and it easy to blend. I probably would't get it again because of the price as its like 14!, so I'd rather look into a dupe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by VenessaG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this item, comes in a stick, easy to blend, so it's a blend-able item, which is a plus for me, doesn't apply cakey, or nasty. And most importantly brightens your black circles, and eyes instantly. I like to apply this on my brow bone as well to highlight, and make my eyes look bigger. Also at the outer corner of my eye. Must try, I think the price is a little off as you could find a cheaper solution, but since I SWAPPED for it, it was okay.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2011 5:02:00 AM More reviews by goodnightluck

I really wanted to like this, and I had high hopes for it. Maybe too high. This is a terrible product. It's dry, chalky, and settles into fine lines like you wouldn't believe. I do think it has a highlighting benefit (also a good shade), but it's just too dry and cakey to wear. Even when used in the corners of your eyes.. you will see it become chalky throughout the day and then it just ends up looking really bad (it clumps). I tried it under my eyes as well, but it tugged so much because of it's dry consistency that I had to kind of smooth some on my finger first, then blend it. I also attempted to use it on my waterline and the outside of my eyes - bad idea - it's very irritating because of it's nasty consistency and made my eyes feel horrible. I am surprised by all the positive reviews. I am going to try high beam next, and see if that works better because it is in liquid form. Honestly I would recommend staying far away from this product.