OPI Samoan Sand

4.3

This shade is one of the best neutral polish's I have ever come across.Great for everyday wear especially where I work as I cant wear brightly colored nail polish! Love the wide brush to,one sweep and I'm done! c",)**

on 7/24/2008 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

For years I thought I could not wear SS. I thought the color was too yellow for my light, olive toned skin. Then I saw a photo shoot in a magazine, and a model with coloring like mine, had it on her fingers and toes. It looked great, so I went to my nail salon, and had them use SS for a mani and pedi. OMG...it was gorgeous! It is the most beautiful nude shade I have put on in years. It is not completely sheer, so it makes everything look very well groomed, yet still neutral and natural. It is mostly beige/flesh-tone, with a small bit of pink in it. When the nail technician first put it on, it initially looked very yellow. It was not until the second coat was put on, and it dried, that the true color came out. Of course, I ran out immediately and purchased my own bottle of Samoan Sand. This is going to be a signature look on me for the next few months!

on 7/20/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Where has Samoan Sand been all my life? I know - unlawfuly judged for being too tan and not suited for someone with fair skin. I was so wrong! Samoan Sand is beautiful! It's a creamy milky pinky tan. IT's not peachy at all. Similar to Malaysian Mist which was my favorite but it's hard to find - SS is just more tan. Both have the same opacity and depth of color. Really pretty for a summer nude nail.

on 7/14/2008 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I totally disliked the color. I am honestly impressed by how many people like this polish. I have to say that the color did not work for me. My nails looked yellow at times; and at other times the color looked like orange colored ranch dressing! Pretty funny but true. I prefer something like Dulce de Leche over this one.

on 7/10/2008 10:45:00 PM

My HG neutral nail colour!

One coat gives a shiny, natural-looking nail.

Multiple coats gives a beigy shiny opaque colour.

There's no shimmer or shine. As with all OPI, application is good, minimal streaking.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am cool and pale toned so its hard to find a non pearly, non shimmery, not to pink, not to brown your nails but better color however I found this and its perfect! 2 thin coats give me the look a natural nails but shiny and gorgeous. I would describe this as a super pale beige peach cream. Its not terribly exciting but its a classic nude / neutral. I love it as a base shade for french manis.

on 6/27/2008 12:54:00 AM

For me, this is the perfect nude shade. I have yellow/olive undertones but am fairly pale and two or three coats of this shade give me a flawlessly natural look. Just like the actual shade of my nails, but a little bit better. They sort of reminded me of the underside of seashells; a soft, glowing peachy pink. In my experience, OPI polishes really stay put so no complaints in that department. Price is steepish, but the bottle will last for a few months anyway.

on 6/24/2008 7:12:00 PM

This is an OK polish color. Not the best - not the worst.. It is a pretty, nude, non-glittery, everyday kind of color that is understated and always a classic. This is peach/beige colored, but not really a sophisticated "I am choosing opaque beige polish" kind-of beige, just kind-of simple and clean, IMHO. I applied three coats and still got a few streaks so not HG but still good. It would be the perfect job interview polish that shows you care about your personal appearance - a basic.

on 6/10/2008 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I love the clean, classic look this polish gives. I think anybody can wear this color. This will never go out of style.

on 6/10/2008 4:22:00 PM

I hate to be one of the lone dissenters...but this shade simply did not work for me. It made my nails look yellow! Maybe it's a combo of my skintone (pale yellow-toned) and the fact that my nails yellow easily, but I really need nudes with a little more pink or mauve to them. I must admit this shade looks beautiful in the bottle, I just think it might work better for someone with more medium or olive-toned skin. I may try 3-4 coats to see if it looks better when it's opaque, as a previous poster suggested, but I can't see why I'd go to so much trouble when there are so many nudes to choose from. I'm still giving it a "4" for the usual OPI quality and because this shade seems to flatter most other people. For now, I'll stick with Passion!

Top Rated OPI Products