OPI Samoan Sand

4.4

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very pretty shade. i use this color a lot because it does truly work in every occasion. The color looks like a soft natural beigy peach, and it makes my hands look very polished. I love it.

on 10/2/2008 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this polish! I have light-medium olive skin & this color is a perfect match. It makes your nails look clean and well-groomed. It is perfect for an office environment. I like to use it when my nails are getting a little discolored from all the dark polishes I usually wear. I give them a break by wearing this for awhile. Makes them look shiny and healthy! Good for short or long nails and everything in-between.

on 9/17/2008 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I chose this color for a manicure yesterday after reading all the great reviews. It is a light sandy beige neutral with a hint of peach and is pretty, but on me it's just a little too pale. It is nice for a natural look, but I prefer Sweet Heart or Bubble Bath over this one.

on 9/13/2008 11:35:00 PM

Had looked pinker on the website when I ordered it. But seeing in the bottle and having the right expectation does look like a stylish neutral polish. Very natural-looking
EDIT: Have used it a few times. Sometimes looks like it has a yellowish tinge. Really not enough pink tinge

This shade is one of the best neutral polish's I have ever come across.Great for everyday wear especially where I work as I cant wear brightly colored nail polish! Love the wide brush to,one sweep and I'm done! c",)**

on 7/24/2008 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

For years I thought I could not wear SS. I thought the color was too yellow for my light, olive toned skin. Then I saw a photo shoot in a magazine, and a model with coloring like mine, had it on her fingers and toes. It looked great, so I went to my nail salon, and had them use SS for a mani and pedi. OMG...it was gorgeous! It is the most beautiful nude shade I have put on in years. It is not completely sheer, so it makes everything look very well groomed, yet still neutral and natural. It is mostly beige/flesh-tone, with a small bit of pink in it. When the nail technician first put it on, it initially looked very yellow. It was not until the second coat was put on, and it dried, that the true color came out. Of course, I ran out immediately and purchased my own bottle of Samoan Sand. This is going to be a signature look on me for the next few months!

on 7/20/2008 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Where has Samoan Sand been all my life? I know - unlawfuly judged for being too tan and not suited for someone with fair skin. I was so wrong! Samoan Sand is beautiful! It's a creamy milky pinky tan. IT's not peachy at all. Similar to Malaysian Mist which was my favorite but it's hard to find - SS is just more tan. Both have the same opacity and depth of color. Really pretty for a summer nude nail.

on 7/14/2008 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I totally disliked the color. I am honestly impressed by how many people like this polish. I have to say that the color did not work for me. My nails looked yellow at times; and at other times the color looked like orange colored ranch dressing! Pretty funny but true. I prefer something like Dulce de Leche over this one.

on 7/10/2008 10:45:00 PM

My HG neutral nail colour!

One coat gives a shiny, natural-looking nail.

Multiple coats gives a beigy shiny opaque colour.

There's no shimmer or shine. As with all OPI, application is good, minimal streaking.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am cool and pale toned so its hard to find a non pearly, non shimmery, not to pink, not to brown your nails but better color however I found this and its perfect! 2 thin coats give me the look a natural nails but shiny and gorgeous. I would describe this as a super pale beige peach cream. Its not terribly exciting but its a classic nude / neutral. I love it as a base shade for french manis.

Popular Polishes