September 19, 2014 | 1889 users online

Polishes - OPI - Samoan Sand

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Where has Samoan Sand been all my life? I know - unlawfuly judged for being too tan and not suited for someone with fair skin. I was so wrong! Samoan Sand is beautiful! It's a creamy milky pinky tan. IT's not peachy at all. Similar to Malaysian Mist which was my favorite but it's hard to find - SS is just more tan. Both have the same opacity and depth of color. Really pretty for a summer nude nail.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2008 2:21:00 PM More reviews by silkbronze

I totally disliked the color. I am honestly impressed by how many people like this polish. I have to say that the color did not work for me. My nails looked yellow at times; and at other times the color looked like orange colored ranch dressing! Pretty funny but true. I prefer something like Dulce de Leche over this one.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2008 10:45:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

My HG neutral nail colour!

One coat gives a shiny, natural-looking nail.

Multiple coats gives a beigy shiny opaque colour.

There's no shimmer or shine. As with all OPI, application is good, minimal streaking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 4:19:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am cool and pale toned so its hard to find a non pearly, non shimmery, not to pink, not to brown your nails but better color however I found this and its perfect! 2 thin coats give me the look a natural nails but shiny and gorgeous. I would describe this as a super pale beige peach cream. Its not terribly exciting but its a classic nude / neutral. I love it as a base shade for french manis.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by melkim

For me, this is the perfect nude shade. I have yellow/olive undertones but am fairly pale and two or three coats of this shade give me a flawlessly natural look. Just like the actual shade of my nails, but a little bit better. They sort of reminded me of the underside of seashells; a soft, glowing peachy pink. In my experience, OPI polishes really stay put so no complaints in that department. Price is steepish, but the bottle will last for a few months anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an OK polish color. Not the best - not the worst.. It is a pretty, nude, non-glittery, everyday kind of color that is understated and always a classic. This is peach/beige colored, but not really a sophisticated "I am choosing opaque beige polish" kind-of beige, just kind-of simple and clean, IMHO. I applied three coats and still got a few streaks so not HG but still good. It would be the perfect job interview polish that shows you care about your personal appearance - a basic.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the clean, classic look this polish gives. I think anybody can wear this color. This will never go out of style.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 4:22:00 PM More reviews by nnmca

I hate to be one of the lone dissenters...but this shade simply did not work for me. It made my nails look yellow! Maybe it's a combo of my skintone (pale yellow-toned) and the fact that my nails yellow easily, but I really need nudes with a little more pink or mauve to them. I must admit this shade looks beautiful in the bottle, I just think it might work better for someone with more medium or olive-toned skin. I may try 3-4 coats to see if it looks better when it's opaque, as a previous poster suggested, but I can't see why I'd go to so much trouble when there are so many nudes to choose from. I'm still giving it a "4" for the usual OPI quality and because this shade seems to flatter most other people. For now, I'll stick with Passion!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2008 11:36:00 PM More reviews by CHC

Finally, the nude I have been looking for! My nails look clean and perfectly manicured. Its been 4 days too and still no chips (a first ever for me!), and even if they were chips the color is so natural you get away with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 7:48:00 AM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

YES! I've been looking for this shade for a long time. I finally find the perfect nude color for my pale, warm toned skin. It seems like everything is too pink or if it's not pink is overcompensating with too much orange or brown, yuck. Samoan Sand is so perfect and lovely, it's a sheer beige color that goes on not at all yellow (miracle of miracles) and looks polished and french mani worthy with one coat and a chic quiet nude at 3 coats. Out of all the nudes and sheers I've tried this one comes closest to true "nail color." LOVE it!