October 2, 2014 | 1561 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - MagnaScopic Maximum Volume Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2008 10:08:00 PM More reviews by exoticorchid

Ugh, I hated this mascara. Seriously gloopy and clumpy, I'm so glad it was a sample and I didn't pay for it! I gave it a few tries, and regretted it everytime! Bad brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Janeybear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this with a GWP and I'm really glad I didn't pay for it, yuck! It clumped my lashes together into a few big lashes and smudged within 45 minutes. Even after trying it with a few different brands of lash primers it still couldn't be redeemed.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2008 8:10:00 AM More reviews by deathdisco

The only thing I like about this product is the packaging. Such a gorgeous, feminine bottle!
I bought this on a whim, usually I use Estee Lauder's Projectionist, which is perfect for me. I went home I tried this one and in one coat got a messy, spider-legs style look! Definitely not for my eyelashes. Since it's the only mascara I have right now, and I'm not going to waste money, I first swab off as much mascara as I can, and then wipe the wand with a tisse lightly to get more off. A quick (and I mean REALLY quick) swipe on my eyelashes and thats enough of a coat. I wait for it to dry and then comb out the clumps. It's quite a hassle!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by En_Song

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Got this at SGD30, which is pretty expensive for a mascara, but i suppose it's reasonable for a EL mascara. Purchased the trial sized version first, and absolutely loved it, as it was the only mascara i tried that didn't give me 'panda eyes'. I've oily lids, and it was impt that i got something that didn't disappear by mid-day, or flake on me, and this mascara is by far, the ONLY one that doesn't smudge. And i loved the small brush on the trial sized version, as i could reach all the lashes at the sides easily, and the product really lengthened my short, sparse lashes (after crimping).

Went ahead to purchase the regular sized product, and strangely, results seemed different. I didnt get smudges when i used it, which is the MOST impt criteria i look for when using a mascara, but my lashes didn't seem to be as full, possibly due to the much larger brush that made it hard to wield. Still, overall, i really love this product for its staying power and the fact that i don't get horrible smudges makes this a star product for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2008 9:21:00 PM More reviews by annak5506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i had read some decent reviews about this mascara and went ahead and bought it. i hated it from the first time i used it. it did nothing for my lashes at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2008 9:30:00 AM More reviews by JessieWW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't wear mascara often due to eye problems but when I do, this is definitely the best one I've found for providing good lush coverage and not sliding off--I never have to worry about mascara beneath my eyes even if I go out dancing all night.

That said, to ensure the above, I always do the following when I wear ANY brand of mascara: squeeze the wand with a tissue before applying it to my eyes (this wastes some mascara, but it ensures I don't get too much "clumping on" to my lashes at one time) and, right after putting mascara on, I hold a tissue up close to my lashes and "bat" them against the tissue to remove any excess mascara. Note: even doing all this, there are other brands of mascara that will still end up pooled beneath my eyes at evening's end--but not this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

It doesn't clump on me but that's because I'm fairly good with my method of application, this did make my eyelashes really long, volume not so much but I like length so I'll give it a three, lasting power is fairly decent and I might consider buying this again though it's nothing that really says "WOW" for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2008 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Laura22

This mascara was sitting in my swap box for ages because usually EL is not my thing. After seeing a rave about it on the boards I just tried it today and wow!!, my lashes went from nothing to gorgeous in two seconds flat. I was shocked to see that the reviews here are not nearly as enthousiastic as I am. I am pretty picky when it comes to mascara and just panned two others (besame and annabelle) and my other hg is lancome definicil pro for comparison purposes.

I will continue using and see if this was some kind of first time fluke but I was really blown away by both the lengthening and the volume! Created a totally dramatic look (not OTT at all...wore it to work).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lentelelie

I'm still a bit on the fence on this one.

It clumps, but I use my Chanel Inimitable brush to even out my lashes, so the clumping is not really a problem.
I don't like the excess that's on my brush, I know from experience that happens when you start using a new, full mascara brush.

I do like how easily it comes off and it hardly smudges.

Still I was much more impressed with the Chanel Inimitable, which I got in a trial size and took me almost 2 years! and probably will repurchase that one after this one runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by aprilmbh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this today - I do like it but, not as well as the dior blackout - it is still my fave