Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray

Water, Magnesium Sulfate, Macrocystis Pyrifera (Kelp) Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Isoceteth-20, Citric Acid, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Fragrance

on 7/23/2010 11:19:00 PM

I honestly can't decide whether I like this or not. Some days it makes my hair look better than I've ever seen it, and some days it just doesn't seem to do anything.

When I use this on damp hair, it's not a good scene. It works best when I've dried and styled my hair with a curling iron. I spray it into my hand and then scrunch it in. If I spray it directly on my hair, it's too heavy. It doesn't really help my natural waves look much better, but waves I've created with an iron seem to be more defined and thicker.

I most likely won't buy this again, but I'm going to try other less expensive salt sprays.

on 7/23/2010 7:57:00 AM

Im really torn on this product,i literally just recieved in 20 minutes ago. I really wanted nicole richie like boho waves which i was told by friends this product would do,but sadly no waves :( i have pretty long hair also and feel i need to use ALOT of product. Now on to the good,i LOVE the fullness this gives my fine hair and i adore the smell. It also does give my hair some kind of movement,slight curl. It really gives me crazy volume,like amazing. I think il probably repurchase this when i run out simply cos of the volume it gives me and the gorgeous smell. I would reccomend to those who have fine hair and want volume and a little style with no effort. Maybe i expected too much in the waves department....i dunno! :)

EDIT: cant deny it,its HG.

on 7/11/2010 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff!! It's a little pricey at $30 but you don't need to use much of it. I blow dry my hair, create curls with a flat iron and then spray some of this in. It gives me volume, shine and hold. I used it and went out dancing, by the end of the night my frizzy hair is usually an afro and with this the curls stayed perfect and defined. I like the beachy smell too.

on 7/3/2010 5:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Cute pakaging. Great concept. Lousy execution.
I wanted to recreate the texture I get in my hair after spending time in the sea and baking on the sand.
This product does not deliver.
The only time I use it now is after I have curled the ends of my hair, then it works pretty well as a holding spray.
Smells divine to me though.
Pretty high pricetag, would not rebuy.

on 5/28/2010 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This stuff is amazing for fine, limp hair. I would spritz it on damp hair in the summer, scrunch and then let it air dry. A quick curling iron to the ends and my hair had amazing volume, body and wave. BUT, there is one huge problem...

The salt fades color treated hair. After 6 weeks of using it, my expensive meticously salon applied sandy blonde highlights were washed out to a cheap bleached blonde. My stylist said this product was most likely the culprit, since I do apply UV production to my hair.

If you don't color your hair I highly recommend this product. If you do color your hair, than I do not recommend it.

I would buy it again and I would use regularly if my hair was not color treated. Hence, the 4 and not 5 lippies.

on 4/20/2010 6:15:00 PM

Bought this on ebay after it was recommended on Youtube by pixi2woo. I really like it. I spray this in the roots of my hair when it is damp, tip my head upside down and rough dry it with a hairdryer. Hello VOLUME!! For extra ooomph I spray more in the roots when my hair is dry, tip my head upside again and rough dry abit more with hairdryer. I love the fresh smell and dont find it dries out my hair at all. In fact I dont need to back comb my hair as much so hopefully my hair will get healthier since I started using this.

I am knocking a lippie off over the price, I paid 16 euro for 125ml!
But I will buy this again until I can find a cheaper alternative...

UPDATE - Knocking this another lippie off because I am finding it hard to use lately. I am now using Tresemme Mousse which is much better and cheaper. So for volume, no thanks...but for beachy waves it is perfect.

on 4/19/2010 5:22:00 PM

I have naturally wavy hair, but it's not very consistent. Sometimes it will be wildly kinky, and other days, half my head will decide it wants to be straight. This has succeeded in giving me beachy waves, but only through the methods I talk about below. There is a distinct smell to this, but nothing horrendous. Smells like the beach, TBH. It is quite drying, so I don't recommend that you use this every day, unless you use something really hydrating with it (leave in conditioner, morrocan oil, etc.) Quite expensive ($30 CDN) but I would purchase again. In terms of packaging, it's a nice, sleek black bottle, but you won't be able to tell how much is left unless you give it a shake. Also, there is no lid to cover the pump, so you risk spritzing the inside of your bag.

Wet hair:
Wrap hair in towel/air dry until hair is barely damp. Try and squeeze out as much water as possible, hair must be ALMOST dry. Spritz all over, and scrunch with your hands. To finish, spray some product into your palms and scrunch through hair. Try and avoid your roots. To reactivate later, spritz water into your hair, or wet your hands with water, and scrunch again. You can reapply Surf Spray if you want.

Dry hair:
Spritz all over hair and twist/clip/tie it into a tight bun. Wait a couple of hours, and release. To reactivate, wet your hands and scrunch through hair, or reapply spray.

on 4/9/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I'd buy this again, but after reading other reviews I may have to try some other brands. Things I like about this product are that it lasts a long time, the texture that it gives to my super fine straight hair and the packaging because you really don't have to worry about it leaking (in my experience) or breaking in a bag. My main problem with this given the price (which I now can't remember but know it was questionable at the time) is that I feel I have to use a lot of it, apply and reapply to get results and then finish with a finishing spray. I guess it's most likely just my hair (it sucks) lol...oh well :/ I loved this in college when I didn't want to do my hair but didn't want to look like a complete scrub in class!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is great...gives volume to my fine/limp hair. It is pretty expensive for the size, but I got it from my mom so I guess it doesn't matter! :)

but seriously, really adds volume which I so need. You can use a lot or a little and it lasts all day.

on 3/24/2010 2:45:00 PM

This stuff knocks my socks off! I LOVE IT!
A little goes a long way -- don't use too much or yeah, you'll pull off a perfect medusa Halloween costume.
I spray once on each side and once in the back and have insta-volume!
I can imagine this would work well with updo's as it provides a "hold"

Top Rated Bumble & Bumble Products